capriciousduck

Freewill

6 posts in this topic

I just watched Freewill vs Determinism yesterday and I got a thought that since I do not have freewill does that mean what I will achieve in life is pre-determined? as opposed to what leo said in "The point of life" video in which leo said God wants to know about him through us. And If God didn't give us freewill how will he know about himself truly?

Freewill can be tricky. It very much depends on your view. I break it up like this, soul, spirit, body. Your soul has freewill, your spirit is controlled by your soul, your body is controlled by you. So when I am in my higher space, looking through the eyes of the soul, I have freewill. When I am in my ego, or body, not so much as I once believed. This is the explanation I was given by spirit while meditating. Fist off I ride motorcycles, raced them for years both street and dirt. So I was given this message about this topic.

What you think of as you....the I, is the motorcycle

what you think of as spirit, is the rider

What you think of as soul, is the driver

This applied to a "walk in" I noticed happen to me also, I was told when I asked about it. "Have you ever let one of your friends ride your motorcycle?" " Don't worry about it, it is normal and fine."

There is a lot more going on then any of us are aware of. Don't let anything shock you, or scare you, tell it all you love it when it arrives in your life and it will move well.

Freewill for the ego; simply the idea that you can change any thought on the spot, think again a new thought, a new way, a new path. You have to be practicing mindfulness, stay on top of your thoughts, change them when they don't serve you. Personally I change all thoughts of fear too thoughts of love as best I can, all damn day long I watch what I am thinking about. When I notice crap, I change my thoughts, I force a new thought to emerge, one of love. It might seem a bit like fake it till you make it, but it works. I no longer think very many negative thoughts, some times I go most of the day without any annoying thoughts about anything.

Play well my friends

David

@capriciousduck This will take a lot of contemplation on your part. You seriously need to sit down and journal and contemplate this question for several days and weeks, trust me it'll be worth your while. 

Trap #1. You should quickly find that reality cannot be purely deterministic. But at the same time, you don't have completely free reign as an individual ego. This reality has limitations, and thus some things are out of your control. The determinism argument comes from observations about the EGO, and they are correct from that perspective. Your ego is a machine, and unconscious people behave in predictable ways outside of their conscious control. For the vast majority of people, it's like soft determinism. 

Upon awakening, you realize that you aren't this ego machine. We have a sliver of God's infinite will. We do have choices. And thinking you don't is actually self-destructive in practice. You can't take advantage of this creative power until you understand that you have it. As well as understanding the ego and how it traps you into patterns. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I believe reality is predetermined. NOT in the mechanical sense of Laplace though. Stephen Wolfram has described how even simple systems have computational irreducibility, which means that it's impossible, even in theory, to predict their future behavior. The only way to fully know the future is to do the actions in the present moment to make the future manifested. This includes our own choices and actions. We cannot "cheat" and jump ahead into the future.