Anton Rogachevski

A New Very Powerful Inquiry Technic

10 posts in this topic

I would like to tell you about a technic I've developed for self inquiry. I haven't seen it anywhere and it came to me as a sudden insight during meditation. I won't take credit and all I want is for you to try it out and tell me about your experience.

Breathe and get into the present moment let yourself sink in for a good 5 or 10 minutes.

Now while letting the mind do it's thing try to capture the closest seperation you are experiencing. Good.

Now find it's opposite and focus on both. Get a good feeling of them and now start alternating between them back and forth. You may speak it out loud or in your mind and see what happens. I imagined it like the yin yeng spinning at first and it felt like the seperation was slowly melting, slowly turning into a clear state of mind.

The cool thing is that you can find a whole lot of them, and do those that feel most real and concrete to you.

Here are some examples you may use: Self other
Yes no
True false
Nothing something
Someone no-one
Inside outside
Internal external
Here there
Everywhere nowhere
Is isnt
Being doing
Reality imagination
Existence non existence
Voluntry involuntary
Let go hold on
Let be resist
Let go control
Similar different
Unity seperation
Reality illusion

I hope you enjoy it as much as i did and reach new heights : )

At first i felt a little unsure if i should share and feared that it will be ignored and missed. But the thought it could bring benefit to someone really convinced me that i should post.

Thank you so much for reading.

14 minutes ago, Actualizer said:

At first i felt a little unsure if i should share and feared that it will be ignored and missed. But the thought it could bring benefit to someone really convinced me that i should post.

Great exercise. Looking deeply into duality. In your statement above you explored both options. Good choice.

It's a nice highlighting of conceptual duals - of the black and white of definition.  That things must be either/or.

What really grabs me, though, is that I want to focus in the bit in between the two.  In a world of binary definitions, what exists in the gap between 1 and 0?

Edited by Telepresent
Correction

@Telepresent

Imagine a back yard and a fence separating your side and your neighbor's side. Is the fence yours or is it his? Or are the two the different sides of a single fence.

Also the other is always implied by the first. Lets say that saying that something is beautiful implies that there's also ugliness

They are inseparable and in fact one, but our mind sees things as separate. I suppose it's an ancient mechanism of survival. For example the ability to separate objects from background gives us the abilty to identify them. But there's no real seperation. We see good and bad as things that might be beneficial or dangerous. It's a good thing, but as any other good thing too much of it is starting to cause confusion.

Edited by Actualizer

@Actualizer

That is a beautiful and cogent reply (and far better written than I would have managed)

But can I be a little heretical, and suggest the spirit of my question was that it is impossible to answer?  So, right now you've landed on an answer.  Which leads to a wonderful paradox: you've answered my question fantastically, and yet I know your answer is wrong because it has joined the binary.  You've written it, which means it says "X, not Y", and no matter how many caveats you write down, anything you write will also have that problem?

I'm sure, from what you write, you see this problem: how anything you try to express is just... flattened.

Although, I might be massively wrong.  I am nothing but another player.  But I will leave you with a challenge:

You say "It's a good thing".  Why?

:D

Edited by Telepresent

On 5/28/2016 at 0:30 AM, Telepresent said:

and yet I know your answer is wrong because it has joined the binary.

so i will return your question and ask you this: how do you know for a fact that it's wrong.

(also wrong-right what a tricky duality it is, let's add it to our list : )

the spirit of my question was that it is impossible to answer

the thing is that it's not impossible, but is that it's irrelevant in the first place, and arises out of a need to understand what cannot be understood. ask yourself, what is a "question" what is an "answer" are there even right answers? isn't it basically noise? 

You say "It's a good thing".  Why?

It's good because it's useful to us. We as humans need conventions, so that we know for example where to meet. (although coordinates don't exist but just a measurement instrument glued onto reality)

Thanks to it, i could tell you: "no don't go there it's a bad place." and isn't it wonderful that you would know what i'm talking about?

@brovakhiin

Thank you for highlighting such an important matter for me : )

i guess having some experience in meditation allows you to get a sense of it. But interestingly enough when i say "nothing" to you, it's quite clear to you as a concept. The NOTHING you are talking about is something in between, and it's exactly what we might get a glimpse of by spinning these concepts.

See that whenever you say no self, nothing, non existence you are quite sure that you know what i'm talking about and the fact that it's so, means that you are believing that you know what they are. this is the power of the grand illusion (maya) : )

Keep raising you doubt and keep asking and inquiring deeply!

I don't know, man. To me it's just thought, feeling, thought, feeling, thought, feeling. I'll try it later tho.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Zephyr

I believe what you are describing is mindful meditation, which is beautiful and i'm also practicing it : )

But the process i'm describing is a type of self inquiry, which is different in a sense that you are investigating actively into your own mind by asking questions.

Watch Leo's video on how to become enlightened to learn more ; )