Conscious life

The negative side of meditation

9 posts in this topic

After I starting meditate for one year everything as changed however I was a deep prayer for 6 years. What I discovered is that meditation has negative side effects when dealing with people. 

Egotistical people will assume you you are naive, because you don't react to things they assume important, you simply jentle with it, and they assume you, you are weak, also with women, women mistaken aggressiveness for strength etc. 

What do you think? 

I fail to see how this is negative, to me it sounds positive. Still, you seem to care quite a bit what they think of you when in fact it has zero importance. The fact that you see and understand something that they don't and how you relate to that fact is all that matters. If you have a problem with this, in these kind of ways, then it's a sign that you have more work ahead of you in this area.

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Eph75 I don't know how to explain this to you. As Sadgurhu said you can't function your potential with society, to live social three are certain accepted assumptions and rules, when you break the rule guess what.... 

12 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

@Eph75 I don't know how to explain this to you. As Sadgurhu said you can't function your potential with society, to live social three are certain accepted assumptions and rules, when you break the rule guess what.... 

Well then, why not mindfully follow the rule? 

Yeah you can, but this my observation and a lot of scientific research on the disadvantage of meditation. You can Google it, yes meditation a technology it has a drawback, but I there is solution for that too. 

Your function in society is yours to own and you can interact with methods by choice to achieve that function, different methods with different people. Assuming that one method, your method, will work with others is not the way to go. So it then comes down to what it is that you want to achieve and how "false" it makes you feel while doing so.

What if you combine a healthy state with a seemingly unhealthy goal/what you are trying to achieve, then the methods can be unhealthy and not the right path; there might be something else wrong with that scenario, maybe the interactions you choose to have, maybe the women are the wrong kind of women to invest yourself into, and so on. 

Or - just maybe - you are just concerned about what others think and have a need to fit in.

I'm sure there are scenarios where you "must fit in", but if so then you need to turn to those methods, allowing yourself to be something of a social cameleon in order to fulfill whatever greater good you see at the end of that road.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

living in society and meditation are incompatible because:

a/society requires you interact as a ego, the bigger your ego is the more success youll have socially. To be attractive you need a strong ego-presonality otherwise youll be percieved as beta, weak, wishy washy

b/ for meditation and spiritual development interaction in society is a big distraction than make your pogress slow down.

Edited by Moreira