Gnostic Christian

Blood sacrifice. Are they divine or satanic?

13 posts in this topic

https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Blood_Sacrifice

Psa 49 7  None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Repeat after me.

Satan would accept a blood sacrifice/ransom. God would not.

Thanks for repeating this to all the Christians you are unfortunate enough to bump into who think otherwise.

Regards

DL

Hope you enjoy your VACation from this forum

But before that, check this video out it will give you a different perspecive 

I do not have time that I might waste.

Was there something you wanted to share?

Regards

DL

26 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Blood_Sacrifice

Psa 49 7  None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Repeat after me.

Satan would accept a blood sacrifice/ransom. God would not.

Thanks for repeating this to all the Christians you are unfortunate enough to bump into who think otherwise.

Regards

DL

@Gnostic Christian In the Old Testament Yahwah (Christian God) demanded blood sacrifice fyi. 

Also, nonduality would claim that God and "Satan" are not opposites, but that Satan is just an aspect/expression of God and ultimately one with God. Because Christian Gnosticism will not accept this, that path will only take one so far.

Any idea of god whose ultimate will can be thwarted by another is that of a small god.

Edited by Matt8800

5 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Gnostic Christian In the Old Testament God demanded blood sacrifice fyi. 

Let us look at what Jesus taught shall we?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Where do you see Jesus/Yahweh saying the opposite of those quotes and going against the law he said he came to fulfil, even though you think he came to break his own law?

Regards

DL

19 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

Let us look at what Jesus taught shall we?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Where do you see Jesus/Yahweh saying the opposite of those quotes and going against the law he said he came to fulfil, even though you think he came to break his own law?

Regards

DL

Do you reject Yawah as your God and the father of Jesus? God might have changed his mind, according to Christians, but he definitely wanted blood before realizing he no longer needed blood sacrifice.

We can definitely find evidence of God saying he wanted blood, assuming one believes the bible to be completely true. Ironically, the Bible makes no mention of Satan wanting blood. 

BTW, nondualists typically dont believe in "sin". That is a Abramahic religion invention usually defined as doing something that another human claims makes god have negative emotions like anger, spite, rage, resentment, jealousy, etc. The person that claims they know what "sin" is gets that information from their own head or hearsay. 

Exodus 29:10-14

"Then you shall bring the bull before the tent of meeting, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the bull. "You shall slaughter the bull before the LORD at the doorway of the tent of meeting. "You shall take some of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar.

Hebrews 13:11-13

For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest as an offering for sin, are burned outside the camp. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate. So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.

Numbers 6:10-11

'Then on the eighth day he shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest, to the doorway of the tent of meeting. 'The priest shall offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering, and make atonement for him concerning his sin because of the dead person. And that same day he shall consecrate his head,

Numbers 6:14

'He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,

Numbers 15:27

'Also if one person sins unintentionally, then he shall offer a one year old female goat for a sin offering.

Numbers 28:15

'And one male goat for a sin offering to the LORD; it shall be offered with its drink offering in addition to the continual burnt offering.

Numbers 28:30

also one male goat to make atonement for you.

Numbers 29:5-6

'Offer one male goat for a sin offering, to make atonement for you, besides the burnt offering of the new moon and its grain offering, and the continual burnt offering and its grain offering, and their drink offerings, according to their ordinance, for a soothing aroma, an offering by fire to the LORD.

etc, etc, etc....

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800  vs @Gnostic Christian , a holy battle of Bible quotes! So epic that we don't even know if the verses were original verses or from the same people(originally Hebrew). And mods! What happened to religious ideology being not allowed?

3 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Matt8800  vs @Gnostic Christian , a holy battle of Bible quotes! So epic that we don't even know if the verses were original verses or from the same people(originally Hebrew). And mods! What happened to religious ideology being not allowed?

@Danioover9000 You are right. I should refrain from responding to religious dogma. I will try better! :)

@Gnostic Christian It is ok to discuss religious teachings in the larger context of spirituality, self actualization and consciousness. However, it is against forum guidelines to dogmatically promote any religion or to incite religious debate. 

27 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

We can definitely find evidence of God saying he wanted blood, assuming one believes the bible to be completely true.

If you assume that talking serpents and donkeys are true, I would question your fitness in thinking.

If you are to quote the bible so much instead of speaking to the issues, quote where it says that some prophets are corrupt and if you want to perfect your wisdom, you have to get out of the Christian corrupted dogma.

Regards

DL

8 minutes ago, Gnostic Christian said:

If you assume that talking serpents and donkeys are true, I would question your fitness in thinking.

@Gnostic Christian My thinking is based on evidence.

Here is an article discussing the evidence of ritual blood sacrifice to Yawah - https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/ancient-cultures/ancient-israel/ritual-sacrifice-in-ancient-israel/

I can present more evidence if you like.

Edited by Matt8800

10 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Gnostic Christian My thinking is based on evidence.

Here is an article discussing the evidence of ritual blood sacrifice to Yawah - https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/ancient-cultures/ancient-israel/ritual-sacrifice-in-ancient-israel/

I can present more evidence if you like.

The issue is a moral one.

A myth is to be interpreted. Not to be read literally.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

Too much spreading ideology here. This goes against the spirit of our work here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.