Patoto

Listening to ANY crazy advice

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.
I've been looking for a while for my life purpose, and I really want to find something amazing that I'm passionate about, so I'm here to listen to ANY advice and ANY possibility.

(I'm actually posting this question all over the internet to get all sorts of different answers, but since Actualized.org is pretty much the reason I even know about life purpose, I should mention here that I already took the entire Life Purpose Course and have worked on finding it for a long time. This question is the result of lots of time figuring out my values, strengths, zone of genius, impact statement, etc. But I really want some random external feedback, so that's why I'm here.)

I know I love video games, and I've developed games for about 10 years now. (I'm 24)
But I also know I love expressing myself physically and vocally, like moving and talking and laughing, and I really don't get to do that making videogames. Making videogames is mostly about being on a computer.

I'm looking for something that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally.
(It can be something that already exists, or a crazy new possibility)

I'm open to ANY POSSIBILITY, I'm here to listen to your advice, and to answer any of your questions.
I've tried to find the answer to this on my own for months now, and now I've realized that I need external feedback and perspectives, so when I say that I'm open to any advice or idea, I mean it.

TL;DR
Is there anything out there that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally?

If you're not too worried about money you could get into cross-disciplinary art doing live video visualization/animation mixed with live dance and music. Check out regional burns and the festival scene to find avenues of expression for this kind of thing. This could lead into stage production for concerts etc if you needed to make a career out of it.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Well.. that was supposed to be a link to a video.. let me try again. If no video appears below, it is  TED Talk from Dance Choreographer Wayne McGregor you may or may not find interesting. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Come up with a list of ALL of your options you or others have come up with. Pick the one(s) that seem the best and go with it. Your path will become more clear as you walk it. Don't be afraid to "waste" your time finding your calling!

Anything can be beautiful if you find the authentic beauty within it.

However, your question points to something rather easy to find.

"Is there anything out there that has the beauty of a really inspirational video game, or any form of art, but that also allows you to express yourself physically and vocally?"

You wish to perfrom! This is perfectly natural, as your extroverted nature tingles at the world around you, as you stare into a computer screen. Your urges are real, pointing out to you what actually makes you happy. Listen to your inner feelings, your gut. Mantak Chia once said, the gut is the second brain, and it is very true.

It's very clear you need to take a very direct role in creating a purposeful sense of liveliness and excitement!

You could certainly do one of, but are not limited to, the following things;

1. Dancing
2. Directing and Composing Music

3. Singing
4. Broadway Musicals/Drama/Acting
5. A mix of all of these things creating your own project, being both the actor and the producer, making a game which allows you to take the
stage with your artform and self-expresssion! PERHAPS IT COULD EVEN BE MADE AS A GAME AS WELL!

Honorable Mentions:
Singing While Skydiving
Laughing at yourself while trying to sing underwater
Sex
Expressive Poem Readings
Intense Breathing exercises(Leo did a video on this too, check it out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6VcbH2ypMg

Painting in the park while listening to birds tweeting (not twitter, lololol)

Acting immediately came to my mind. In a classical play, or any new artform. See what kind of stage art there is, it's a lot.

Also, you may use your wish to express yourself in public speaking, like being a moderator of a show. 

This is a perspective you may not have considered:

”The weirder, the better.”

What is esoteric? Explore what is most weird and esoteric.

What is arcane? What is peculiar or bizarre? 

Like I said, it is a random point. A less open-minded person might write off a lot of weird stuff without understanding why. There may be a lot to explore that other people have presumed to ignore. 

For example, I am not sure how much info is available on ancient mystical rituals of dance and song—but some, I am sure!

Thank you all so much. After months of thinking really hard on this, this is the vision that I came up with:

To become a circus show clown & director. 

Specifically I'm aiming for Cirque du Soleil. 

I want to create beautiful, magical shows, that inspire people to follow their dreams. And also, I want to be a clown character in those shows, not even the main character, just a random clown character. 

I'm pretty excited about this vision, I'm even going to fly abroad to go to a Cirque show in person. 

Thank you all so much.