Hansolo775

First Ayahuasca experience

12 posts in this topic

Hallo everybody! :)

Me and a friend ordered a couple of substances to brew our own ayahuasca mixture. We both are experienced with psychedelics as mushrooms, truffles and LSD, but none of us have tried out ayahuasca. The purpose of the session is to spiritually grow from it. Is it recommended to our first trip without a guide such as a shaman or trip sitter?

For example, from the product reviews it says that mixing Chaliponga together with Banisteriopsis Caapi (brewing it for several hours together on low heat, in combination with a bit of ginger and lemon) will result in two portions with a trip of 3-4 hours. Does anyone has any experience with brewing their own ayahuasca from different herbs? How did you proceed and how was your experience? 

Love & Peace,

Joshi & Olli

I can't speak about how to brew, but as of your question about do you need a guide or shaman, the answer is absolutely not. Aya is your guide. Anybody else is just a distraction from what Aya is trying to tell you. 

I 've brewed it once myself mixing Banisteriopsis Caapi and Psychotria Viridis. The result was very good and I had a wonderful experience at home, with an experienced sitter. Ceremonies have a different feeling though. Try both.

@Jed Vassallo  Thanks for your answer! I just stumbled upon some other forums where the consence of the topic says this for example:

I Drank Ayahuasca in a small village on the amazon in Peru with a very traditional ceremony. I'm gonna level with you here even though you are not going to like what you hear. DO NOT DRINK AYAHUASCA WITHOUT A PROPERLY TRAINED SHAMAN IN THE ROOM, PERIOD. This stuff(depending on the quality of the brew I suppose) makes mushrooms, peyote, and even LSD look like a child's toy. You are opening your mind to energy and vibrational frequencies that are extremely disorienting and alien unless you have some experience with astral projection. I'm talking COMPLETE out of body experiences where time very well go completely out the window. Not all of the entities you may meet on the other side are nice and some are more than capable of causing serious mental damage if they are malicious. I remember during one of my ceremonies I saw something very nasty trying to get inside me and the ONLY thing that kept it away from me was the shaman's ability to hold a safe energetic space for the group. This is not a recreational substance man, you need to treat it with a lot more respect or it will fuck you up.

Is there really the possibility of getting possessed of some astral entities without a shamanistic protection?

Best,

Joshua

I would be more concerned about proper brewing and dosage than having a trip sitter. 

1 hour ago, Hansolo775 said:

@Jed Vassallo  Thanks for your answer! I just stumbled upon some other forums where the consence of the topic says this for example:

I Drank Ayahuasca in a small village on the amazon in Peru with a very traditional ceremony. I'm gonna level with you here even though you are not going to like what you hear. DO NOT DRINK AYAHUASCA WITHOUT A PROPERLY TRAINED SHAMAN IN THE ROOM, PERIOD. This stuff(depending on the quality of the brew I suppose) makes mushrooms, peyote, and even LSD look like a child's toy. You are opening your mind to energy and vibrational frequencies that are extremely disorienting and alien unless you have some experience with astral projection. I'm talking COMPLETE out of body experiences where time very well go completely out the window. Not all of the entities you may meet on the other side are nice and some are more than capable of causing serious mental damage if they are malicious. I remember during one of my ceremonies I saw something very nasty trying to get inside me and the ONLY thing that kept it away from me was the shaman's ability to hold a safe energetic space for the group. This is not a recreational substance man, you need to treat it with a lot more respect or it will fuck you up.

Is there really the possibility of getting possessed of some astral entities without a shamanistic protection?

Best,

Joshua

Utter bullshit. You're not getting possessed by anything.

Aya is your guide. If you do have a bad time, it is you resisting the message being presented. Aya will show you what you need to see.

Anything and everything done by others around you during a ceremony will only serve as a distraction from the message being presented to you. Although it nice to have someone clean out your puke bucket,  I've been part of ceremonies where it your responsibility to do your own. If you want some social experience, go to a ceremony with lots of people. If you want to go deeeeeeeep within yourself and experience higher truths, then do it solo. 

On 8.10.2019 at 11:06 PM, Jed Vassallo said:

I can't speak about how to brew, but as of your question about do you need a guide or shaman, the answer is absolutely not. Aya is your guide. Anybody else is just a distraction from what Aya is trying to tell you. 

@Serotoninluv Haha you got a point there :D 

16 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

You're not getting possessed by anything.

Aya is your guide.

Possessive or guide is a relative subjective experience. My experience with Aya was that Aya was a possessive guide. I had no choice in the matter. Aya was possessive in the sense that something out of my control took control, I couldn't make it stop and there was no escape. Aya was a guide in the sense that it was a teacher that guided me through a process of realization.  In contrast, San Pedro had very little possessive nature to me - it is a gentle guide. . . Yet others experience Aya differently. 

@Serotoninluv  You can say this about pretty much any strong psychedelics. A healthy dose of shrooms, LSD or even 5-MeO and you're not going to have control over what happens. It's going to take you on a ride whether you like it or not. Best to surrender to it and enjoy what it offers whatever may come. 

On 10/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Possessive or guide is a relative subjective experience. My experience with Aya was that Aya was a possessive guide. I had no choice in the matter. Aya was possessive in the sense that something out of my control took control, I couldn't make it stop and there was no escape. Aya was a guide in the sense that it was a teacher that guided me through a process of realization.  In contrast, San Pedro had very little possessive nature to me - it is a gentle guide. . . Yet others experience Aya differently. 

Had similar experience where i lost control and was pulled more and more into the rabbit hole until i went mad..the only thing from going totally insane was presence of shaman, which to me seemed like the only anchor point that kept me safe.. and even though the experience was horrible, it was extremely healing. Definitely recommend! 

@Nemo28 Thanks! I guess i Will consider to delay our ceremony until I have made some experience with a shaman then.

49 minutes ago, Hansolo775 said:

@Nemo28 Thanks! I guess i Will consider to delay our ceremony until I have made some experience with a shaman then.

You're welcome :)