Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randombodymind

Vipassana

7 posts in this topic

Pros, cons, how does it compare to other methods, 
Anything to add to a vipassana practice, and does it have any limitations.
Is it ok to mix practices during a peroid of vipassana, like conscious breathing or should you just be with shallow breaths.
I dunno, if you've done a vipassana retreat it'd be awesome to have your take on it, because I have a lot of respect for your opinion, you tend to see things like this quite clearer and in a wider context than many.

How does vipassana compare to other schools would be quite interesting.
Also vipassana goenkas way seems to be different from the traditional teaching

I'm also interested in this area. I'm planning to go for a 10 days retreat for the first time. My main objective is to strengthen my self discipline and will power. Because this is a secluded meditation retreat  with very strict rules I'm hoping it will give  me a boost to practice meditation on my own.

I have taken the 10 day course, it was an amazing expirience to me, is different to everyone I have spoken about it with. I would also like to se Leo's thoughts about this type o meditation. I think who ever tries it will be emerged in a spiritual experience very uncommon and fulfilling.

Do you know if there is any retreat location in Europe that offer a one year "course"?

On ‎23‎.‎5‎.‎2016 at 10:07 PM, ElopezT said:

I have taken the 10 day course, it was an amazing expirience to me, is different to everyone I have spoken about it with. I would also like to se Leo's thoughts about this type o meditation. I think who ever tries it will be emerged in a spiritual experience very uncommon and fulfilling.

i recently came back from 6 day course. It really was an amazing experience.