Pernani

Personal question for Leo :)

6 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura I was thinking abt this question for a while and I wanted to ask you personally. Do you think you would've had this much growth if your work hasnt been centered around personal dev and spirituality, as opposed to working in a different field that ure also passionate abt, or to not doing any work at all and just live in a buddhist monastery or some ashram?

Also what would you do if you started feeling that your work is hindering your growth? 

@Pernani if you know leo, you know that he is obsessive when it comes to achievement and work. he doesn't slack off, through out all of high school he would shut himself off from the world and study his ass off. In college, same thing there, when he started his business that he used to fund starting actualised.org, he was very successful because he was dedicated and smart. In dating, he sucked with girls for the first 22 or so year of his life. He then took it upon himself to develop in that area and worked hard, and persevered through thousands of rejections. With actualized.org ... ill let that one speak for itself. 

Leo has A HUGE work ethic. and he is very attention to detail oriented, as well as being motivated and courageous. 

in summary: Leo would have been "successful" in domains of life that have competition and require hard work. but that's not what he is pursuing... (the typical idea of success) and we have all the world to thank him for it. 

22 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@Pernani if you know leo, you know that he is obsessive when it comes to achievement and work. he doesn't slack off, through out all of high school he would shut himself off from the world and study his ass off. In college, same thing there, when he started his business that he used to fund starting actualised.org, he was very successful because he was dedicated and smart. In dating, he sucked with girls for the first 22 or so year of his life. He then took it upon himself to develop in that area and worked hard, and persevered through thousands of rejections. With actualized.org ... ill let that one speak for itself. 

Leo has A HUGE work ethic. and he is very attention to detail oriented, as well as being motivated and courageous. 

in summary: Leo would have been "successful" in domains of life that have competition and require hard work. but that's not what he is pursuing... (the typical idea of success) and we have all the world to thank him for it. 

I agree with what you said although that's not what I'm asking. I'm trying to see how much Actualized contributed to his growth. And which of the two does he value more: growth or work ?

@Pernani I think he values growth because he gave up his gaming career even though he is earning good amount of money. He wanted a more individual independent lifestyle to become a master in whatever field he want to.

If he had spent the same amount of time and hardwork in gaming, he would have earned more. But, he didn't. He was more interested in learning about himself.

@Pernani If you want to master something, manage to be so good at it that you can teach it. If you can't teach something, it means that you haven't mastered it yet. But the main trap in this approach is hypocrisy. If you don't embody/apply what you say on your own life, it smells.

unborn Truth

@Pernani I think that his growth is his work, i mean leos life purpose (a big factor of growth) is sharing his growth. so if it comes down to it i think leo would value growth over work, just because if growth wasn't there there would be no work.

but i think Leos work is a fundamental part of his journey because that's who he is, a teacher, an empathetic selfless leader.