happysad

Why do Spirituality groups feel so Culty?

23 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Aeris I don't know who took your kitten last night and gave it to the neighbor, it wasn't me. 

They try to cure me with free ritalin instead of free weed. 

My technique is basic

I m very joyful and all that

But that's just spider work -

I do love - push and crunch.

If you just crush people hang you.

Push and pull is the best.

You bow you slap. Do it again

Double phase

Then people project 

You crunch.

If life is not meant to be good enough for me. Then why.

Put them all in a synthetic brain. Doesn't change the state of all the slaves outside.

Break them free even if they die outside. No monkeys should be rised in a prison

@Aeris :| i know, it could be tough with those brain dead mother fuckers 

but when you think about it, 

if your the one who is living the life you are today 

who else is going to live it for you

i don't see anyone else around ? 

there is an interesting lesson i learnt from my ex. it was that, to help others, you must help yourself. For when you help others, you must offer them your time because change does not come easy and you need to be prepared to be around when they need you. 

Should we understand them for who they are ? yes and no. in a sense, both answers are incorrect, because a person can only help themselves, which why is why logically you should change your own perspective of the situation. 

If i said to you,             sit here and wait for me to return , then i never returned 

which is the only thing you could have changed about the situation,             its your own opinion of the situation 

Now bring in humans, because we all think we can change each other with the mere usher of words, do you see once that fantasy has broken down and the words have not worked. We have the same situation as the one above, you can't do anything until you change your opinion about it. Then maybe when you've sorted yourself you can call me and "where the fuck are you, i'm going to shank you, meet me here" and then never turn up for me. ULTIMATE REVENGE

14 hours ago, electroBeam said:

There are some inconvenient truths about spiritual groups like this forum and face to face ones.  

Speaking purely objectively, a portion of people who get attracted to groups like this were not accepted in society for a multitude of reasons. For example they were weird, have outlandish beliefs or had outlandish values compared to common society. A large portion has been psychologically damaged from this experience: usually personality related disorders.

For them to save face, they need a way to cover up these traumas, because just the thought of uncovering them brings them immeasurable pain. They need to find a way to feel what they lack: to feel like they belong, are not weird, don't have problems. One sneaky, clever lie is to tell themselves that they aren't accepted in society because they are 'special', above the rest. This one is especially rampant on this forum, observe and you will see. 

Forums like this, new age groups at large, are a way for them to cover up their traumas, and get what they lack or were rejected with in the past. They forget about society and fully immerse themselves into these little bubbles, putting these bubbles on a pedastool; telling themselves these bubbles are morally superior to their society, more intelligent. They must do this otherwise their egos would have to face the harsh facts that they are covering up psychological traumas. 

Having said that, there are genuine spiritual communities out there, and genuine people in spiritual communities, but you really need to distinguish the healthy from the unhealthy if you want to have a sober, good life. Using spiritual communities as a way of bypassing egoic problems is extremely rampant. Its generally moreso located in green stage, western new age communities, rather than traditional communities like Eastern ones(although they have different sets of problems to avoid). 

Just notice that structure of spiritual communities are generally designed to cover up egoic traumas that a group of people faced in the past, using new aged concepts, moralisation, superiority and other ideas to trick themselves into not building a healthy ego.

EDIT: after reading Akash's comments I just remembered another sneaky ego trick. Having spiritual experiences, then projecting the idea that this spiritual experience is special, above the rest. Getting over excited about this spiritual experience, and then this leads to thinking that you are more special than the rest of society because you had this spiritual insight. Or maybe not thinking you are special, but thinking this community is more special than the rest of society, because you are having these spiritual experiences and all of your friends and family are not.

Like if you want to be healthy, immerse yourself with ordinary society and enjoy it. Don't use this forum and its ideas to escape it. Connect with your parents, family, friends. Don't necessarily adopt their habits, but be the role model to them for how to live an extra-ordinary life. Be compassionate and love them. Be humble, don't show off your spiritual insights to anyone, understand their needs and problems and try to help them in any way you can. Much more boring this way? Can't think your some special spiritually gifted person this way? Good, then you know you're on track.

You totally nailed it I have noticed all of this in my direct experience.