AlphaAbundance

Why let go of some needs but not others?

7 posts in this topic

It is recommended to drop/let go/question your desire for validation/fame/approval/recognition/respect but said ok to pursue desire for sex. There both needs/desires on the maslow hierarchy of needs, things that humans desire. Why should you/can you let go of the need for validation but not let go of need for sex. What makes desire for sex any different than desire for validation. Why drop validation need but keep sex need. Is it that if a need brings more suffering than joy you should drop it? Please help/explain/offer a solution.

Validation seeking dosent help you grow anyway wheras Sex grows you.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

2 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

drop/let go/question your desire for validation/fame/approval/recognition/respect but said ok to pursue desire for sex. 

Your questions assume that the above is true. I would first question this assumption. Is this even true? If not, the subsequent “why” dissolves. 

For example: why do purple pigs only fly at night? If we don’t accept the assumption that “purple pigs fly at night” the “why” they do so becomes irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@Serotoninluv Ok well is it true??

It’s a relative truth. The is no objective universal truth that would apply to everyone.

For me, there are pros and cons of mixing spiritual work and sex/relationships. There is a lot to experience and learn within sex/relationships, yet it can also be a distraction.As well, it depends who the person is. Dating a narcissist is a different dynamic than dating a mature woman on a spiritual path. This is my experience and it’s not true for everyone. A buddhist monk may say to go celibate, others may say it’s fine to be promiscuous. You are your own authority. Experiment and see how it goes. While pursuing women, a lot of egoic dynamics may be revealed that you can work through. Or you may pursue women and spiral into a self absorbed mess and need to change things. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, Harikrishnan said:

Validation seeking dosent help you grow anyway wheras Sex grows you.

Becoming a man who is 'sex-worthy' is the growth and journey in itself. It requires being congruent in your thoughts, words and actions. Also NON-neediness is huge. Sex is just the very fun cherry on the ice-cream

Edited by LeoIsMe69