Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

What really causes acne?

6 posts in this topic

I’m sure there are several reasons, but the biggest one I would say is our diet.

What foods cause acne?

I’ve been avoiding dairy products for awhile now because I found that milk, cheese, etc. caused the most acne on my body.

Although lately I’ve been noticing a bit of acne appear on my arms again and I think it might be something I’m eating but I don’t know what it is.. 

What I eat regularly is:

- A bowl of oatmeal, oat clusters, chocolate almond milk and a banana for breakfast.

- Lunch would usually be lemongrass chicken and rice, + veggies. Or a double chicken burger from A&W.

- Then for dinner I just started working at a vegan/vegetarian restaurant that provide free meals so I would have one of their menu items. But all their food is non-dairy, vegan-friendly, so I don’t know if my acne comes from their food.

Could the acne be caused by deep fried foods? Sometimes there would be a mistake bowl of fries laying around and staff would eat them, including me. We use canola oil for fried foods so I’m guessing that could be a reason for it.

Thanks

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 9/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, 7thLetter said:

I’m sure there are several reasons, but the biggest one I would say is our diet.

What foods cause acne?

I’ve been avoiding dairy products for awhile now because I found that milk, cheese, etc. caused the most acne on my body.

Although lately I’ve been noticing a bit of acne appear on my arms again and I think it might be something I’m eating but I don’t know what it is.. 

What I eat regularly is:

- A bowl of oatmeal, oat clusters, chocolate almond milk and a banana for breakfast.

- Lunch would usually be lemongrass chicken and rice, + veggies. Or a double chicken burger from A&W.

- Then for dinner I just started working at a vegan/vegetarian restaurant that provide free meals so I would have one of their menu items. But all their food is non-dairy, vegan-friendly, so I don’t know if my acne comes from their food.

Could the acne be caused by deep fried foods? Sometimes there would be a mistake bowl of fries laying around and staff would eat them, including me. We use canola oil for fried foods so I’m guessing that could be a reason for it.

Thanks

It could be stored toxins in your body, have you ever done a proper juice cleanse or better water fast? It could also be the processed sugar in your chocolate almond milk, oat clusters ect... The meat and burgers don't help either because meat and bread/wheat are acid-forming to the body.

Cut out processed sugars or all processed foods(if possible) and gluten and see how you go and yes deep fried foods definitely can lead to breakouts. All 3 the oil and deep frying and the fries themselves all are a health risk.

If nothing works after a while, i suggest a raw food diet only fruits/veg/sprouts ect.. to detox or juice fasting/water fasting.

B R E A T H E

lots of tips discussed here

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I have this persistent acne problem since years. Saw doctors and took medicines, nothing. One thing is clear though. I once went without sugar for 3 months. the acne disappeared. 

Here's my personal list of what causes me acne:

1. Sugar - processed white sugar or any products containing it. Brown sugar or unprocessed sugar in limited amounts doesn't.

2. Cold milk or cream of any kind. Warm unsweetened milk in small quantity doesn't.

3. Very spicy packaged snacks. Homemade spicy food doesn't cause acne. 

4. Anything with preservatives. 

So I try to avoid all the four. 

I'm pretty sure acne is caused by an overproduction of sebum clogging up pores. Which is caused by hormones however I would beg to differ that your hormones are the problem, as just as long as your not consuming anything that causes abnormal hormone imbalances such as drugs etc, your body will reach a level of homeostasis of the hormones to keep them in a natural state. 

I would advise you create a stricter skincare routine. Exfoliate! Wash your face with soft water and moisturise your skin daily as well as washing your face gently with a natural soap.

Giving us what you eat  are regular basis does  very little  in terms of diagnosis Without knowing your ancestral history AKA European / African/ Asian /Caucasian 

Because depending on your heritage that is going to greatly affect how your body responds to certain types of food.

Secondly usually acne on the arms chest shoulders upper back/Tech is a sign of hormone imbalance and or high acidity low alkaline.

Now I stated previously depending on your genealogy some certain people are more prone to being acidic than others but regardless of that the majority of people are more acidic than they should be so I would suggest focusing on balancing your body's alkaline levels. One of the best ways is first thing in the morning having 16 oz of water with 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar that has the mother in it and 1 freshly squeezed lemon half and drink that right when you get up in the morning this will work wonders and it also cleans your liver very well.

Also sugars and carbohydrates raise your acidity so try to cut your unprocessed sugars down to a absolute minimum if that's not helping start cutting your carbohydrates down to a minimum that is within practical limits and if you need more make sure that you just add in complex carbohydrates and not simple carbohydrates. Also stay away from wheat products I don't care if it's whole wheat half wait white wheat Brown we blew any weight does not matter wheat is terrible for you because you're digestive system as hell trying to process it if you absolutely have to have bread I suggest Ezekiel bread or some other form of sprouted grain because once it sprouts it is no longer a grain.