Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huz

Vipassana Retreat Application

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I just apply for the retreat in august. In the application it gives a section of previous drug use. I put what i have done in the past. All the hard drugs and soft drugs. I have stopped them now completely and put that in the application. You guys think that will hinder the application? Anyone who has applied done the same?

Edited by Huz88

@Huz88 I believe that would not effect admittance. Lots of people have started their path of spirituality through first having glimpses of truth that way. You were honest and that shows how truthful and open you are by not concealing anything. If you would have said "no", that would have raised questions on what has bought you to this path. Great luck with that!

@Huz88 I put down all my past drug use (extensive resume) and I got in no problem.

Turns out I go rejected because of my history of depression and anxiety last year not the drugs. They said if I feel stable in a year then I can apply again. I told them I feel stable now but they wouldn't give me the place -_-

2 hours ago, Huz88 said:

Turns out I go rejected because of my history of depression and anxiety last year not the drugs. They said if I feel stable in a year then I can apply again. I told them I feel stable now but they wouldn't give me the place -_-

@Huz88 Sounds as if we have to attain enlightenment without their aid for now.:D When you look at this and see what has unfolded, there is great lesson here. Show me the self that wishes to attain enlightenment.  If you can locate that, transcend it!

@cetus56 Haha speaking of the self. Once I heard the news "I" was getting upset. I set out my summer plans for it etc. Sent many emails to them pleading for a place. Then I realised the whole point of my mediation practice was to accept what is. Ironic that I was struggling to accept the failure of admission to the very practice which is training me to accept. But then I decided to do an enquiry on the being who is upset.  I couldn't find it, but didn't transcend the illusion. Feel better though :P

Edited by Huz88

1 minute ago, Huz88 said:

@cetus56 Haha speaking of the self. Once I heard the news "I" was getting upset. I set out my summer plans for it etc. Sent many emails to them pleading for a place. I realised the whole point of my mediation practice was to accept what is. Ironic that I was struggling to accept the failure of admission to the very practice which is training me to accept. But then I decided to do an enquiry on the being who is upset.  I couldn't find it, but didn't transcend the illusion. Feel better though :P

Acquainting yourself with the path.  See where it leads.

@cetus56 I get you, its the will of universe that I didn't get accepted. Maybe it just wasn't my time or I wasn't actually ready.

@Huz88 My mum always told me in times like this "Everything happens for a reason". Do you ever consult the I Ch'ing?

@cetus56 I have never heard of it. What is it sounds cool?

I haven't consulted the I Ching for years. Yea , look into it to. Sometimes it will tell you exactly what you want to hear about a personal situation. Other times it can be brutally honest. I mean like in your face. It needs to be entered with total respect. It is the flow of the universe around you at any given moment in relation to the question asked.

Edited by cetus56

@Huz88 

"Mysteries and Manifestations arise from the same source".

Edited by cetus56

I was always curious about I Ching...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Huz88I don't have a history with drugs or depression and I have tried applying for it nine times and they never accepted me. It's just luck I guess.

2 hours ago, Electron said:

@Huz88I don't have a history with drugs or depression and I have tried applying for it nine times and they never accepted me. It's just luck I guess.

Any reason?

@Electron Do you add on the application that you meditate on a daily basis? Do you have any mental illnesses that you are trying to cure with this retreat?

These are the questions I remember them asking. There are others on the waitlist that you might be heading up against. I would recommend shooting them an email to see what the problem is.