George Paul

Anybody completed the Course in Miracles?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I wonder if anybody here managed to complete the exercises in the book Course in Miracles. It is on Leo's list with 5 stars of 5.

My question is , is it worthy? How you feel aboutt the book? Is it genuinly inspired by God? Does it make you do some progress?  

I am asking because I am having some doubts, maybe ego backlash, so the community's opinion might help me trust more this book.

On the other hand, I am asking because it is written there that the answer will come from Holly Spirit.

I bought this book over a year ago. Red a few pages, and while I do seem to notice that it`s pointing to "the truth", I keep on having trouble with it. In my opinion, there are books and resources that point way more directly to the truth and without the biblical language that I personally have very little affinity with.

I can see it being useful for people with a christian background and that need a "correction" to it`s beliefs. But that`s not me. 

I was introduced to it through the work of Gary Renard.  There's a lot of wisdom to be found in the Course, but I can't take it seriously as a legit path because some of the ideas in it are just too difficult to believe.  For example, the Course suggests that the universe was created as a result of unconscious guilt that we feel for having separated ourselves from God.  This just seems silly to me.  Also, according to Gary Renard, Jesus didn't feel any pain on the cross.  Like, literally, zero physical suffering.  That's just too difficult for me to believe.

10 minutes ago, DaneV said:

I can see it being useful for people with a christian background and that need a "correction" to it`s beliefs. But that`s not me. 

Agreed.  I think this is probably one of the main reasons why the book came to be created in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

ACIM is a nightmare to read. Especially to a not native english speaker like me. 

The author(s) did a great job on making every sentence super complicated and difficult to read and understand.

I usually have to read every sentence a million times, and often I still don't understand what it's trying to say.

But there are other people who like the book.

Your English is excellent for a non-native speaker.

And I'm not surprised that you don't like the Course.  After all, it's all about forgiveness and love, your most hated topic. ;)

It's very powerful stuff. Too advanced for most people to appreciate.

Read the workbook. It's very clear and direct.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I read the text twice and completed the lessons of the workbook. It took me 21 months. I have found it very powerful. It is pure non-duality, with a christian terminology which makes many people uncomfortable. But the background is not christian. It is pointing to "all that is" with the word God or the father. The son or christ is its creation, which is you and everyone, because there is all one, and the holy spirit is the part of your own mind that still remembers who you really are. It is the part of you that has not been affected by your delusional beliefs about who you are (which is called the ego). The whole course is a training to remember that and " referentiate " to the holy spirit. I remember the Leo's episode "The power of asking questions" and I think it is an illustration of that action of pointingto something "beyond" (or inside), that has the answers...

Not easy to apply all the time, but certainly very useful, and not easy to appreciate its value.

A Course in Miracles denies that “creation” or the Universe is an aspect of the Divine, and instead considers it to be an illusion created out of guilt for having separated from God. Don’t believe that bullshit. I highly recommend you move on from ACIM. It’s anti-life, from what I’ve experienced.

A Course in Miracles is my spiritual path. I've completed all the lessons in the workbook twice.