Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul92

What do you do...

6 posts in this topic

When you feel like you love someone more than life itself?

I feel like I am falling for a friend, stronger than I've ever felt for anyone ever.  I don't know how it even came about. But I know what love feels like, and this is another level.

@Paul92 As men, we should always strive to express ourselves fully. Somehow ignite a similar feeling in her. Easier said than done though. 

What is your exact fear? That she doesn't reciprocate the feeling? Or are you just overwhelmed with the intensity of the feelings you have for her? Are you afraid you're getting lost in a "fantasy"?

Usually falling in love does include a certain amount of "fantasy".. that's what falling in love is.. we partly fall in love with the image we have about people in our head. But since she is a friend of yours you likely know her very well already.. so you don't idealise her too much, you know the "real her" already. That is good! It's a lot more difficult to see the real person when you fall in love with someone you don't know that well and particularly when you are being intimate already. That fuels the romanticised picture we have in our heads immensely. 

What I want to say is: I think there is no better foundation than friendship for a relationship! You likely know the real person and you genuinely like her for who she really is. Still: Chances are that you still idealise her a little. You have painted a picture about her in your head.. try to see if that picture really matches with the reality. "When you feel like you love someone more than life itself".. this is beautiful, but it also sounds like idealisation. The difficult part now is to observe your feelings and to be very honest with yourself. Enjoy these intense feelings, but simultaneously try to detach a little (in a loving way). Observe, feel and ask yourself what is going on. Where do these intense feelings come from? What behaviour of hers triggers them? Are they connected to a lack you feel in yourself? Does she maybe "feed" this lack with actions she takes, things she says?

I hope this helps you explore your true feelings and to find out how much of this intensity is genuine and how much of it is in your head. 

Maybe sincere and true love feels like that? Feeling love is always scary at first, but it is better to take it positively. Perhaps you are lucky to feel such love that other people never feel in their life? Perhaps your friend also has feelings for you? Do not be afraid. Wish you luck.

1. Determine whether you have taken MDMA in the past 22 hours. If yes, wait.
  2. If no, consider two choices
    1. Express feelings. Consider outcome.
      1. Reciprocated feelings. Happiness all around.
      2. Not reciprocated feelings. Depending on emotional maturity:
        1. Friendship dies because of hurt feelings and lack of understanding
        2. Friendship grows stronger because of increased mutual understanding
    2. Swallow feelings. Consider outcome.
      1. Friendship more shallow. Might have to hide feelings and be fake around person forever. Friendship might die.
      2. Everything back to normal after two weeks. Conclude that it was a crush and forget about it.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/