Sempiternity

How to change a Core Belief?

11 posts in this topic

How would you say is the best method to change a Core Belief, or create a new Core Belief? Such as creating that working towards a full Awakening is the most important thing in your life. So important you will literally do anything, spend every moment working towards it, with full dedication. Vs having the belief that you're scared of Awakening, or a belief that Awakenings are most likely just another belief and most probably not true. Which is a belief that doesn't serve you or your life. Where as the former does. That belief of full dedication towards an Awakening would most certainly lead to an Awakening eventually. So what is the best way to change a Core Belief that doesn't work for you, and create another that does? 

Profound direct experience is what has helped me. You don’t force yourself to change your belief at that point because it becomes clear that it doesn’t make sense whether to believe it or not to. 

Just like my whole family believes they are Roman Catholic. There’s no way in this lifetime that I could change their minds about if they actually are. On the other hand, I don’t care to believe that I am or am not. They believe I was born and baptized into the faith, whereas I choose not to believe that story. 

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Change your environment.

While I think a change of environment can brake up some ruts, patterns, and habits, I'm not sure it necessarily breaks up core beliefs. I think how you perceive yourself and the world will stay with you until intentionally willfully changed. 

38 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

Profound direct experience is what has helped me. You don’t force yourself to change your belief at that point because it becomes clear that it doesn’t make sense whether to believe it or not to. 

But one might have to get over many core beliefs before being able to get to that point. 

@Jed Vassallo Environment could refer to external, but also your internal environment. How about trying out different diets or supplements for example? Let’s say you had frequent colds and you decide to try taking Vitamin C everyday to see if it helps. You take it everyday for a year, and you notice that you get colds less frequently. That right there could change the core belief of “I always get colds” to “I used to get colds all the time, but Vitamin C has helped reduce the number of colds that I get”. 

8 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

But one might have to get over many core beliefs before being able to get to that point. 

That is true for most things. I suppose you have to really ask yourself what you really want out of life, and by becoming more clear about that the appropriate steps and actions will manifest on its own. I’m not saying you don’t plan anything, but I’m saying that it won’t becoming something you force yourself to do and even if it does seem challenging you are still aligned with your true desires. 

4 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I'm not sure it necessarily breaks up core beliefs. I think how you perceive yourself and the world will stay with you until intentionally willfully changed. 

That sounds like a conclusion that is coming from your current environment ;)

Maybe your environment does not need to change, maybe just how you react with it is what needs to change.

For example: I've broken many beliefs simply by moving from talking a lot, into limiting the number of words I use per day. Ideally, if possible, try spending some days without talking at all.

Likewise, I've broken many beliefs simply by returning back to the social life.

Change is very important for growth.

Have core belief>Aim to change core belief A to core belief B>Do research and test theory's about core belief B>Everything  points back at core belief A being true.   Then what?

@Jed Vassallo Daily visualization for a couple of months straight. Make visualizations intense and emotional.

What you're talking about in your example isn't a belief per se, it's a goal / intention you want to have.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jed Vassallo Daily visualization for a couple of months straight. Make visualizations intense and emotional.

Does your Life Purpose Course cover how to do proper visualization as well as specific exercises we can do?