Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K VIL

As A Man Thinketh

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Here's a quick resource I go to when I feel my lower self kicking in.

It's a manifesto of sorts regarding the power of thought. The main message is things may look random, but that there's reason to bring our awareness back to cause and effect of thoughts and actions.

I don't have background on the actual source of the knowledge. If that's necessary this thread can be removed (just trying to contribute)

https://wahiduddin.net/thinketh/as_a_man_thinketh.pdf

Edited by K VIL

@K VIL could you please edit your post and give us a summary, or quick explanation of what makes this resource special, and worth being here? Thanks!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I've read this book. It's a great spiritual resource, and don't underestimate it's power, because it is a short book.

It's worth being here because of the following points. To summarise...

- Your thoughts are what make you, so if you think yourself a certain way then you will be

- Starts the idea of Law of Attraction 

- Challenges the idea of thought and how to change them to achieve your dreams. For example if you want to become more of a Buddha/Einstein/ Da vinci or just a better person, you can. You just need to change your thoughts

- Pre Tony Robbins (essentially Tony may have stolen from this book as well as NLP) 

- The way it is written. Very inspiring, uplifting, motivational and straight forward. Particularly if you want to get on the path to mastery. Although could be called As A Person Thinketh.

- Introduces consciousness, if you're aware of thought, it's a game changer. The book doesn't go particularly deep (in terms of consciousness work) but it's message can flip a switch for you. From unconscious to conscious. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

‘When a man makes his thoughts pure, he no longer desires impure food’ - One of my favorite lines from the book. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport