Dwarniel

Efficient video shooting (YouTube)

14 posts in this topic

I write articles on topics I'm interested in, and then I learn the entire article by heart before I shoot the video for my channel. Recently I'm having a lot of resistance for shooting videos, because it feels like such a hassle to learn these 4000 word scripts by heart. Lately I've been shooting more casual videos where I just talk freely, but I really want to share my articles, it's just so tedious. It feels really good when I'm done, and I lovelovelove editing the videos, but all of the trying to remember, fucking up and having to shoot again is just a mood killer.

I'm guessing there is a way to make this process more efficient, I just haven't been able to figure it out. Any ideas would be much appreciated! 

Edited by Dwarniel

...But what if the opposite is true?

Aw cummon give us a link!

To answer your question: it totally depends on how articulate you are when free-associating.

If you suck at having a focused point without the aid of a script, don't shoot yourself in the foot. Play to your strengths.

A good place to start might be to strike a compromise.

Have the script in your head, but give yourself leeway so that you are not strict about nailing every single word.

It's Love.

47 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Aw cummon give us a link!

To answer your question: it totally depends on how articulate you are when free-associating.

If you suck at having a focused point without the aid of a script, don't shoot yourself in the foot. Play to your strengths.

A good place to start might be to strike a compromise.

Have the script in your head, but give yourself leeway so that you are not strict about nailing every single word.

Makes sense... It's just that I'm so much better at writing, I feel like I butcher my work when I talk freely ? Especially with my peasant dialect as well hahhha. 

I thought it might be a tech solution to this question, some kind of script screen or something that I can mount to my camera or whatever so it doesn't look like I'm avoiding eye contact with the lens..... But maybe I'm over complicating it ?

I could share a link, but its norwegian so I guess its not very interesting for you ?

That's not a good method.

Pick one of the following:

1) Read your script word for word while your video shows various related imagery, not your face.

2) Show your face but speak without a script. Speak naturally, the way you would to a friend. You could have an short outline of your key points just to keep you on track.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Dwarniel said:

peasant dialect

HAHAHAxD

I thought it might be a tech solution to this question

If you absolutely insist on nailing every single word of your script as well as showing your face (and eye contact), then yes perhaps look into the technology.

But as Leo says, showing your face in a rehearsed video tends to become unrelatable... we can tell you're raking your mind for the next word! That's not engaging. We want expressiveness and emotion!

Fuck up for once and say "whoops."

I'm more likely to subscribe to you for that than if you were to deliver a flawless robotic speech

It's Love.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not a good method.

Pick one of the following:

1) Read your script word for word while your video shows various related imagery, not your face.

2) Show your face but speak without a script. Speak naturally, the way you would to a friend. You could have an short outline of your key points just to keep you on track.

Thank you! ?

Do you always speak without a script? For 3 hours? That's really impressive. It looks like you did have one in the very beginning, but maybe you came to the conclusion it's better without? 

7 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

HAHAHAxD

If you absolutely insist on nailing every single word of your script as well as showing your face (and eye contact), then yes perhaps look into the technology.

But as Leo says, showing your face in a rehearsed video tends to become unrelatable... we can tell you're raking your mind for the next word! That's not engaging. We want expressiveness and emotion!

Fuck up for once and say "whoops."

I'm more likely to subscribe to you for that than if you were to deliver a flawless robotic speech

Thank you for putting my inner perfectionist in order ❣️ i'll give it a try. it's just that i feel like i'm such an awkward gal, it feels safe to know exactly what to say. But yeah, when the text is like 4500-5000 words, it gets inefficient ?

Do you shoot vidéo because you love doing video ?

Or because you think this is the best way to share yourself ?

Hummmm.

Edited by Aeris

30 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Do you shoot vidéo because you love doing video ?

Or because you think this is the best way to share yourself ?

Hummmm.

30 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Well, I wont lie. It's probably a good mix, I love hearing myself talk ? There's some narcissism there for sure, I'm not Jesus. But, I do really love making videos for the sake of making videos. It's what I concluded with after doing Leos life purpose course anyways. 

Well, I wont lie. It's probably a good mix, I love hearing myself talk ? There's some narcissism there for sure, I'm not Jesus. But, I do really love making videos for the sake of making videos. It's what I concluded with after doing Leos life purpose course anyways. 

I m sure. Kill the narcissic side of you' it will flow. Imagine yourself not having any make up. Not even in your way to work. Be mécanic only if this is how you like to proceed.

I m not a girl but I m sure you make up and all. Maybe you focus on what you look on video. Surely. This Lens you'll put on yourself whatever it is. 'not real'. It will draw you back.

Look the entire work of leo. From first vidéo to middle to last. Find 3 of them and watch them in line. What do you observe ?

Be authentic and passionned by the process firstly. Results will come without thinking too much of it.

Don't shoot videos if this isn't the time in your life' don't mimic others 'because'. Be humble your work will Always be full of misstakes. And some of them makes you look humble. There is not true misstake unless you do nothing' that is misstake.

All work is kind like art. It's never finished always in a process.

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

I m sure. Kill the narcissic side of you' it will flow. Imagine yourself not having any make up. Not even in your way to work. Be mécanic only if this is how you like to proceed.

I m not a girl but I m sure you make up and all. Maybe you focus on what you look on video. Surely. This Lens you'll put on yourself whatever it is. 'not real'. It will draw you back.

Look the entire work of leo. From first vidéo to middle to last. Find 3 of them and watch them in line. What do you observe ?

Be authentic and passionned by the process firstly. Results will come without thinking too much of it.

Don't shoot videos if this isn't the time in your life' don't mimic others 'because'. Be humble your work will Always be full of misstakes. And some of them makes you look humble. There is not true misstake unless you do nothing' that is misstake.

All work is kind like art. It's never finished always in a process.

I have several videos without any makeup, concern about looks is not the issue in my case. I simply asked how i can share my atricles in a more time efficient way. I'm doing this because it brings me joy, expands me and because it's my life purpose

I don't want to be rude, but its very frustrating that people assume stuff like this because i'm a girl. You would never give a boy this kind of advice, right? I'm looking for practical solutions. And the one I got was to freestyle it more, which I'll try out. Then I can read out the most important parts while I edit in other images on top. ? 

Thank you for your time, though. I understand that you wish me well ❣️

55 minutes ago, Dwarniel said:

I have several videos without any makeup, concern about looks is not the issue in my case. I simply asked how i can share my atricles in a more time efficient way. I'm doing this because it brings me joy, expands me and because it's my life purpose

I don't want to be rude, but its very frustrating that people assume stuff like this because i'm a girl. You would never give a boy this kind of advice, right? I'm looking for practical solutions. And the one I got was to freestyle it more, which I'll try out. Then I can read out the most important parts while I edit in other images on top. ? 

Thank you for your time, though. I understand that you wish me well ❣️

Right because I advice people on the possible problem of their relative situations. 

Maybe telling : open the earth chakra would have been more neutral.

Be rude if you feel it.

Ideology never touch me. I assume what I've seen through my human perpective.

Girl and boy are different. Believing the contrary seams deluded to me. You can believe you are a fruit cake doesn't change the shape.

But how is the degree I don't know.

I can assume gender role on another scale without being judgy.

I will not heal a turtle because she tell me I m a poney. I could though show him some green field.

Sorry if you feel hurted because I assume you're a girl so I was trying to feel in the body of a girl. I Can give you more neutral advice' as a guy : shooting myself on camera I would maybe makeup and clean myself.

It's not wrong. Was just a flat exemple for possible problem.

I absolutely don't know you : so all I do is assumption.

Take the best - leave the cons

Maybe a bad exemple to just point to a mindset : sorry about my communication skill and my wrong assumptions.

Edited by Aeris

16 hours ago, Dwarniel said:

Do you always speak without a script?

I create outlines. I have never written scripts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Have you ever talked in front of your camera to shoot an episode, only to find out that you forgot to hit record :D