Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frankie10

Why is there resistance?

10 posts in this topic

Why is there resistance to change in the human system? Isn't evolution & growth aka God knowing/experiencing itself  the driving force of life? And is change not the only constant in reality, if yes, why resist to the only thing that is? Does a flower face resistance in its growth process? Does all resistance eventually fade away when the Ego is 'overcome'? Imagine a world without resistance, only flow and growth.

Some questions that flow around in my head. Would appreciate any comments or answers from your experience! 

Greetings :) <3 

I guess resistance is a necessity for the illusion of matter. If everything would be changing all the time - which already is - with no resistance whatsoever, could you still experience matter? Reading your question, I looked around my room and thought about it. Would my chair still be a chair without resistance, or would it change shape constantly? 

1 hour ago, Frankie10 said:

Why is there resistance to change in the human system?

The short answer is because we have wrong maps for the territory.

Resistance exists precisely because of this:

Isn't evolution & growth aka God knowing/experiencing itself  the driving force of life? And is change not the only constant in reality, if yes, why resist to the only thing that is?

Because there is balance. Human beings want to grow on a faster pace than reality. We're like cancer, growing at all costs. So, resistance is the brakes that stop this cancer from skewing the balance and destroying the whole design. (which I believe will not be enough at some point, and destruction will eventually become true).

Does a flower face resistance in its growth process?

A flower does not even desire growth. It has no maps. If death it is, then the flower just accepts, and moves on.

Does all resistance eventually fade away when the Ego is 'overcome'? Imagine a world without resistance, only flow and growth.

It's not only flow and growth. It's also resistance and death. Endless cycles of life and death, growth and degradation, etc... of all other dualities. The devil advocates one part of a duality over the other, that's his trick.

3 hours ago, Codrina said:

I guess resistance is a necessity for the illusion of matter. If everything would be changing all the time - which already is - with no resistance whatsoever, could you still experience matter? Reading your question, I looked around my room and thought about it. Would my chair still be a chair without resistance, or would it change shape constantly? 

Thank you for your answer! I can't really come to find a clear connection between resistance and conceiving matter. I mean, the outside world probably does not change in your view if all resistance is gone. But I guess you refer to the point by @Truth Addict that in the end, resistance and stillstand are dualities which are the 'substance' creating our reality.

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

The short answer is because we have wrong maps for the territory.

Resistance exists precisely because of this:

Because there is balance. Human beings want to grow on a faster pace than reality. We're like cancer, growing at all costs. So, resistance is the brakes that stop this cancer from skewing the balance and destroying the whole design. (which I believe will not be enough at some point, and destruction will eventually become true).

A flower does not even desire growth. It has no maps. If death it is, then the flower just accepts, and moves on.

It's not only flow and growth. It's also resistance and death. Endless cycles of life and death, growth and degradation, etc... of all other dualities. The devil advocates one part of a duality over the other, that's his trick.

Thank you. Makes sense! 

Because without it the human system would collapse? It wouldn't be a self-sustaining system. Leo goes quite deep into this in his video about systems thinking, if you haven't seen it already. Or maybe it was the ego backlash video, I don't remember.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Fear of potential. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Resistance is a quality of consciousness. It comes from the stillness of the nothing you really are. Mu. Everything else is chaos and change.

To re-state Newton: to every change, there is an equal and opposite non-change.

All stories and explanations are false.

To me resistance exists to prevent quick spontaneous changes. Imagine if there wasn’t resistance and you could change everything whenever you feel like it. Things would constantly change and it would create chaos. Resistance ensures that only good changes happen, the ones that are created by persistence and work.

I have an opinion on everything :D

3 hours ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Resistance ensures that only good changes happen, the ones that are created by persistence and work.

Wow! That is a very deep insight!

Thank you!

20 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Wow! That is a very deep insight!

Thank you!

:)

I have an opinion on everything :D