Omar1219

Toad Vs Synthetic (5-MEO-DMT)

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

Has anyone here experienced both Bufo (Toad) and synthetic 5-MEO-DMT?

I would like to know how the experiences compare as I have both legit available to me and am not sure which one to start with. Bufo would also be much cheaper. 

I haven't experienced either but from my knowledge wouldn't synthetic be best for a 5-MeO experience? I know Bufo contains toxins and other psychedelic compounds. (Correct me if im wrong)

The toad’s venom contains about 15% of 5-MeO-DMT, the rest is bufotenine and other alkaloids. Also it only can vaped. So you need to smoke a much larger dose, which is not easy. Honestly, I don’t see any benefits compared with the synthetic form.

Toad venom is at least 3x to 5x less potent per mg. So be sure to factor that into your calculus.

1 gram of synthetic is worth about 3-5 grams of toad venom.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's really hard on the toads to have their venom harvested, it stresses them out and can expose them to infection. Using synthetic is more humane. 

The toad already gave us it's gift by showing us this molecule, now we can synth it relatively easily in the lab, and have a more pure and versatile substance.

I've never taken toad venom, so I can't comment on any difference in effects vs. synthetic. It's certainly possible that the bufotenine in it affects the 5-MeO-DMT experience slightly. It's debated whether or not the substance is psychedelic, but it certainly causes some unpleasant side effects.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

thank you for the respones, although I was hoping to see someone who had by chance done both share (I realize though, that may not exist on this forum).

I have seen many people healed from this Toad Venom and have watched their ceremonies myself. I trust the source, and they have shown me the  (humane) process in this particular case.  I however have yet to try it...

I realize that 5MEO is not as potent in the toad venom and other organic sources, but I am not necessarily chasing a sole 5MEO experience. I wish we knew if there was any additional benefit/harm to the additional alkaloids present in the toad but more just wanted to see how the experience itself is different.  I have had great experiences from two different natural N,N, DMT sources, but have never done anything else.

Additionally they have a plant variety called Huilca, which they say is even stronger that the Toad which I'd also like to know if anyone had anything to share.

1 minute ago, Omar1219 said:

I trust the source, and they have shown me the  (humane) process in this particular case.

I disagree that it's humane. Shamans etc. have to think it's humane because their ceremony depends on it, and it doesn't look so cruel because toads don't express themselves the way humans do."Humane" is relative, and toad venom is more humane than skinning a snake alive or something like that, but it's certainly not in the best interests of the toad.

They catch these toads from the wild, and then milk their venom before releasing them. During this time the toads can get injured, they get stressed out, depleted of their natural defence, and can be exposed to fungal infections. 

It's not the worst practice in the world, and it's cute and all to take a "natural" drug, but I don't think it's worth it for the stress it induces on these animals, especially when the pure form is so easily available, and probably delivers a cleaner experience anyways.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

29 minutes ago, Omar1219 said:

Additionally they have a plant variety called Huilca, which they say is even stronger that the Toad which I'd also like to know if anyone had anything to share.

Thanks for sharing this, here's an article on it after a google for people to check out, interesting stuff: https://highexistence.com/life-after-death-vilca-psychedelic-ritual/

Huilca or Vilca contains 5-MeO-DMT,N-N-DMT, and bufotenine.

You will not regret using the purest 5-MeO-DMT possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Have only done the toad version, but the facilitators i was with said the synthetic lacks a sort of 'nature' feeling to it.

Not really sure what they meant, but synthetic seems like the way to go. If you could strip away the visuals and body load on toad, that would be beneficial for consciousness work.

That said, toad 5-meo is better than no 5-meo ;-)

I have used both Bufo Alvarius venom and freebase 5 MeO DMT; the former is considered to be 10-15% 5 Meo DMT by weight.

When it comes to vaporizing I prefer freebase 5 MeO DMT because it causes no distress to any amphibian, the volume of vapor generated/consumed to get the sought-after effects is much less, plus one has the option of making a salted prep which allows access to the other routes of administration.  

Experientially, apart from a very subtly different aesthetic to the visual component the effects are for all intents and purposes the same.

I would recommend freebase 5 MeO over Bufo venom without hesitation. If the purity is high enough (>98%), you would be surprised how effective it is when vaporized on foil- a 8-10mg dose will scarcely require half of a full inspired breath to consume, and as one falls back, simply dropping the foil from your grasp will not put you at risk of injury/burning as its efficiency at conducting heat means it will cool so much quicker than say a hot glass pipe.    

@Corpus "Experientially, apart from a very subtly different aesthetic to the visual component the effects are for all intents and purposes the same."

Would you mind elaborating more on the (even if only subtle) differences of the experiences? Very curious and cool to hear you have done both.

@Leo GuraI will know soon enough B|

@Shadowraix yes that's what he has.  He says out of his medicines on hand that's the strongest of the DMT-like substances. I haven't had the balls yet... 

5 hours ago, Omar1219 said:

@Corpus "Experientially, apart from a very subtly different aesthetic to the visual component the effects are for all intents and purposes the same."

Would you mind elaborating more on the (even if only subtle) differences of the experiences? Very curious and cool to hear you have done both.

IME, toad venom visuals just seem to "shimmer" a little more than 5 Meo DMT alone- its hard to describe.

I think this is probably due to the presence of other tryptamines being present, and a probable synergistic/ "entourage" effect; here is a brief article on the possible explanation in a little more detail:

https://psychedelicreview.com/5-meo-dmt-toad-venom-and-the-entourage-effect/