Marinus

Is modern society ill?

5 posts in this topic

Almost every person I have met and got to know seems to have have some serious emotional issues with themselves or their loved ones. Are people who practice self actualization the only ones with hope or do their exist people that don't have serious issues?

I define issues as:

• self-doubt
  • insecurity
  • avoidant/anxious people in relationships
  • substance abuse
  • hostility
  • depression
  • wasting all their time and feeling bad for it
  • etc.

modern society is not ill per se.

the lack of consciousness work makes it ill 

the consciousness work could be anything like : meditation, concentration and...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

part of being human is to have issues. we all have things we wish we could change. some of us are much mentally lighter than others however. society is ill in the sense that there is a lack of consciousness. with more consciousness people would likely fight less and hurt one another and also collectively our consciousness will be able to do things that allow for like to flow in a kinder more collective way where we aren't selfishly polluting everything and have a system that is difficult for us all to change, however this change is slowly taking place in the present moment.  

What you experience is that "good" and "bad" is literally in everything. You see bad in society, because it's literally there. What you want to realilze though, is that it hides the good part, that's how it works! One of the strongest weapons of "bad" is that it can hide the good. If you hate something you are unable to see the good side of it. Everything lies between the duality of what we call good and bad. To help realize this, find things you just mildly hate or disagree with, and try to accept it. You'll notice in a couple of days that you start to see properties of it that you never seen before.