supremeyingyang

Offending People

26 posts in this topic

There is no such thing as true friends. You will never grasp something you don't understand. We are all living separately in which is the biggest lie.

People come to you and ask you questions and then they blame you for answering them. Are you serious?

Maybe its the way you say things. Dont be a know-it-all. Be more humble. Maybe.

@universe Often times people don't ask questions to receive new perspectives, but rather to hear their own ideas repeated back to them for validation. So its not so surprising for people to get angry when you don't give them what they want lol. Delivery is also important too like you suggested. 

12 hours ago, universe said:

People come to you and ask you questions and then they blame you for answering them. Are you serious?

Maybe its the way you say things. Dont be a know-it-all. Be more humble. Maybe.

I ain't no preacher or something. This happened often in my family as I ate more healthy food. It was a bad diet - really nasty - with lots of fast food. I wasn't looking for trouble at christmas. People asked me and I would answer. It's not something that happens every day all day. Nowadays I usually stay silent about these things, unless I think it is time to start trouble because it will start a positive process. Especially in public I am friendly as fuck.

9 hours ago, RickyBalboa said:

@universe Often times people don't ask questions to receive new perspectives, but rather to hear their own ideas repeated back to them for validation. So its not so surprising for people to get angry when you don't give them what they want lol. Delivery is also important too like you suggested. 

I guess that would be a 48 Laws of Power like Tactic: Tell them what they want to hear -- damn, I think it is really a Law like that in that particular book.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:37 AM, supremeyingyang said:

EDIT: THANK YOU, MOD :)

I feel that there is a huge social component to the Path Actualization.

It is easy to offend people without the Intention to do that as someone who is on the Path of Actualization. People get the Impression that you want to be better than them, which makes them insecure. They get offended and act to get you down on their level.

Should one be bold? Or should one hide one's light under a bushel? Or should one act diplomatic?

I know this is a Question that can't be answered once for all occasions, but what do you think?

Ken Wiber discusses this as "skillful means" which I believe is a term used in some Buddhist communities.

On 8/4/2019 at 4:47 PM, Shadowraix said:

You gotta meet people where they are at to resonate with them. 

This statement applies quite a bit to what I remember being said about "skillful means"

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

8 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Ken Wiber discusses this as "skillful means" which I believe is a term used in some Buddhist communities.

This statement applies quite a bit to what I remember being said about "skillful means"

There is a Concept like that in the Hagakure as well. So you have the choice to stay silent or resonate more with people. This is anyway something I would like to be good at. Interesting... I have to think about that