Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guru Fat Bastard

Expanded self inquiry

10 posts in this topic

A few expanded questions to help add variety and keep inquiry fresh. Asking the same two or three inquiry questions all the time can make the "practice" somewhat redundant after a while. Pick one or two that seem to resonate,and play with just those one or two for some time before attempting more. The idea is not to memorize a whole bunch of inquiries, but to pick the one or two that resonates (brings you to the placeless, place of empty aware Being)

Borrowed from here https://endless-satsang.com/the-practice-and-purpose-of-self-inquiry.htm   if you want to check it out.

•    Who am I? What am I? Where am I? When am I? If  I am are more than that, then who or what am I?  Who or what am I right now, in this moment? If I am more than that, who or what am I?  Keep repeating. 

•    Who or what is experiencing that thought, feeling, sensation, spaciousness etc.? Who or what is experiencing that feeling? Who or what is experiencing that sensation? Who or what is seeing? Who or what is hearing? Who or what is noticing that?

•    Who or what is this I? (If the answer is “I” am experiencing the sensation).

•    What am I aware of right now? You may answer with an “I” statement, stating something you are aware of: “I’m aware of x. I’m aware of y.” Who or what is the “I” that is aware? (pause) Is there an I that is aware?

•    Experiment with replacing “I” with “Awareness" in your answers as described here. Example: “Awareness is hearing the bird singing.” “Awareness is noticing the plant.” “Awareness is sitting in the chair.”

•    Notice what is noticing (What is aware? What is experiencing?). What is that? What is that like?

•    Are you aware right now? What’s that like?

•    Who or what is aware? Can you find what is aware? Where is it located? Who or what is experiencing Awareness? (Answer: me, your name) Where is (your name)? Is Awareness in you or are you in Awareness? Can you find yourself in Awareness?

•    Can you find a boundary between you and Awareness? Where does (your name) leave off and Awareness begin?

•    What is the source of Awareness? To discover the source of Awareness: Notice the plant or something else in your environment. Now notice where you noticed that from. Where do you notice the source of noticing from? Then where did you notice that noticing from?

•    What else is here right now besides a thought, feeling, sensation, space, etc.? What is prior to that?

•    What is speaking these words in this moment?

•    What is listening? What is seeing? What is sensing, What is thinking?

•    What knows that?

•    What else are you experiencing now?

•    Where’s the boundary between x and y? For example, between a thought and the space it’s occurring in, or between words and the space they’re appearing in, or between the sense of yourself and the Silence?

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

6 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

A few expanded questions to help add variety and keep inquiry fresh. Asking the same two or three inquiry questions all the time can make the "practice" somewhat redundant after a while. Pick one or two that seem to resonate,and play with just those one or two for some time before attempting more. The idea is not to memorize a whole bunch of inquiries, but to pick the one or two that resonates (brings you to the placeless, place of empty aware Being)

Borrowed from here https://endless-satsang.com/the-practice-and-purpose-of-self-inquiry.htm   if you want to check it out.

•    Who am I? What am I? Where am I? When am I? If  I am are more than that, then who or what am I?  Who or what am I right now, in this moment? If I am more than that, who or what am I?  Keep repeating. 

•    Who or what is experiencing that thought, feeling, sensation, spaciousness etc.? Who or what is experiencing that feeling? Who or what is experiencing that sensation? Who or what is seeing? Who or what is hearing? Who or what is noticing that?

•    Who or what is this I? (If the answer is “I” am experiencing the sensation).

•    What am I aware of right now? You may answer with an “I” statement, stating something you are aware of: “I’m aware of x. I’m aware of y.” Who or what is the “I” that is aware? (pause) Is there an I that is aware?

•    Experiment with replacing “I” with “Awareness" in your answers as described here. Example: “Awareness is hearing the bird singing.” “Awareness is noticing the plant.” “Awareness is sitting in the chair.”

•    Notice what is noticing (What is aware? What is experiencing?). What is that? What is that like?

•    Are you aware right now? What’s that like?

•    Who or what is aware? Can you find what is aware? Where is it located? Who or what is experiencing Awareness? (Answer: me, your name) Where is (your name)? Is Awareness in you or are you in Awareness? Can you find yourself in Awareness?

•    Can you find a boundary between you and Awareness? Where does (your name) leave off and Awareness begin?

•    What is the source of Awareness? To discover the source of Awareness: Notice the plant or something else in your environment. Now notice where you noticed that from. Where do you notice the source of noticing from? Then where did you notice that noticing from?

•    What else is here right now besides a thought, feeling, sensation, space, etc.? What is prior to that?

•    What is speaking these words in this moment?

•    What is listening? What is seeing? What is sensing, What is thinking?

•    What knows that?

•    What else are you experiencing now?

•    Where’s the boundary between x and y? For example, between a thought and the space it’s occurring in, or between words and the space they’re appearing in, or between the sense of yourself and the Silence?

Very good. I already know the answer to all these questions but one must find them for oneself, ultimately arriving at the fact that ''I'' do not exist. You  are not a separate autonomous individual, you are God. I have been in ''I am God'' state of being for so long now that it is hard to imagine how I can be anything other than myself. God is nothing else than me, you and everything. It is only when we realize that our own existence does not exist that we are no longer separated from God, that we can begin to understand and become conscious of what it means to be God in the first place.

Who's asking those self-inquiry questions? And then - who's aware of them?  So freaking twisted. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Very good. I already know the answer to all these questions but one must find them for oneself, ultimately arriving at the fact that ''I'' do not exist. You  are not a separate autonomous individual, you are God. I have been in ''I am God'' state of being for so long now that it is hard to imagine how I can be anything other than myself. God is nothing else than me, you and everything. It is only when we realize that our own existence does not exist that we are no longer separated from God, that we can begin to understand and become conscious of what it means to be God in the first place.

Is it your "I" that knows the answer? Answer to what? Questions? Is there any question? etc. 

1 hour ago, perlita said:

Who's asking those self-inquiry questions? And then - who's aware of them?  So freaking twisted. 

It is guru fat bastard who is asking these self inquiry questions.

It is guru fat bastard who thinks it is aware of them.

It is guru fat bastard who makes up these impossible paradoxes and chasms and then feel discomfort and dissonance over them ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, archi said:

Is it your "I" that knows the answer?

Obviously, there is no your ''I''. The One who knows is not ''I'' but something that cannot be described or grasped by the mind. The ''I'' is ultimately God, there is no ''I'' but God. But becoming conscious of this takes time and intense self-inquiry. That which doesn't allow you to see and become conscious that you are God, that is false and needs to be seen through as the falsehood that it is.

Edited by Conrad

19 hours ago, Preetom said:

It is guru fat bastard who is asking these self inquiry questions.

It is guru fat bastard who thinks it is aware of them.

It is guru fat bastard who makes up these impossible paradoxes and chasms and then feel discomfort and dissonance over them ?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d39a4ab6d4d644d6f

29 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d39a4ab6d4d644d6f

HOLY HELL THAT'S THE PINNACLE OF SELF ACCEPTANCE AND SELF LOVE :o

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 7/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, Preetom said:

HOLY HELL THAT'S THE PINNACLE OF SELF ACCEPTANCE AND SELF LOVE :o

:D