Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
possibilities

Learning to Lucid Dream

25 posts in this topic

Start training today and be lucid dreaming by the end of the week? I think that's wildly optimistic - but definitely worth giving a try.

You could spend you whole life training / trying and never achieve it - so don't beat yourself up if you dont. Or you could achieve it spontaneously without even trying.

Do you have vivid dreams at the moment? 

Did you have any lucid dreams as a child?

Spontaneous lucid dreams is how I got into spirituality. I had quite a few when I was young, between about 15 years and 22 years old. Maybe one a month at peak, but more like one every 3-4 months. Then they stopped until I was almost 40 (work, family, stress, responsibility). I had one out of the blue, then another a few months later. I enjoyed them so much I wanted to have more, so researched into it. One of the complimentary techniques recommended was mediation, and google somehow sent me to Actualized.org, and now I very much am in a different world.

My number 1 tip is to keep a dream journal. As someone said before, you can use it to identify common dream signs, but for me it greatly increased by dream recall and vividness of my normal dreams which was a stepping stone towards more lucid dreams.

My number 1 book recommendation is dream yoga by Andrew Holecek. It took me great places in both dreaming and spirituality.

Hope it goes well for you.

@Serotoninluv I've been noticing that being the case from time to time. Your really gonna need a "Dream Catcher" for that one. Just as an example. There were holes. And the holes had meaning. 

In the dream that made perfect sense. But when awake it all collapsed into a vague memory that was completely dissociated from the waking state of mind.

I remember one aspect of one dream haha, one moment that was most memorable was in a dream involving myself and my nephew who’s two months older. I was showing him around what appeared to be my home but this home was particularly unusual. It didn’t look anything like it but the rooms seemed to represent time portals. For example before allowing him to go into one room I said, “Oh don’t worry about that one (room) it’s just got old things but feel free to!”. He proceeded to go in and amidst pushing back a clothes hanger frame to gain entrance we both started hearing an electrical guitar playing (so two versions of myself existed - my present self and this 16 year old version of myself playing electric guitar). It was me in my high school uniform playing electric guitar haha. He looked simultaneously bemused and interested.

Thats all I really remember. Haha unfortunately no lucidity.

I tried all the suggestions, will try again tonight.

Edited by possibilities