Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsNobody

Politics for Beginners

4 posts in this topic

I’m originally from Brazil but have been in US for 4 years, and to be honest I have not voted in a long time. 

The political situation in Brazil right now is very intense and my knowledge in politics is below 0, given that if I was in Brazil I would be a Bolsonaro fan (Trump of the south) you would get a feeling of where I’m at. ?

In Spiral dynamics I’m guessing since I left Brazil I embodied blue and I find myself now somewhere between orange and green, also have had turquoise experiences through psychedelics and am fascinated with Yellow stage. 

My whole family is Bolsonaro, but my heart hurts just from seeing what he is doing with the indigenous people in Brazil and with Amazon itself, so I completely avoid any political conversations with my family and friends in Brazil. I’m aware of my ignorance in the subject and that’s why I come here to ask you guys for videos about politics for beginners, I consider myself a liberal but can’t say much since I don’t really know about the subject in depth, it’s difficult to find videos with a yellow stage POV where the subject is not being presented from only one POV, so I’m struggling to find good content, I also accept book recommendations.

So far I found those: 

I feel like I need a good foundation to be able to watch and understand Leo’s new video.

halp! ?

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

if you want to learn about a new subject, you should always start with the history of its creation. That will give you more clarification, than understanding terminology used by every person. :) 

Why you may ask? because its actually that. None of them read the history of the subject and therefore none of them actually know what is the purpose of the subject. 

The Majority Report and The Michael Brooks Show on YouTube does a good job of talking about Brazillian politics.

Michael Brooks has been a champion of freeing Lula.

The Intercept is a top notch journalist outfit which covers the corruption in Brazil. Check out videos by Glen Greenwald.

Bolsonaro is def not good for Brazil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I like visualPolitik on YouTube, yes it really orange but getting some different sources prevents you from being fanatical. 

It helps you get a sense of geopolitics and learn stuff about countries other then yours.