Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whatever

My experience with 5meo

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Around two and a half years back I was very much into becoming enlightened. I was following multiple teachers like Mooji, Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti and Sadhguru. I had had positive experiences with taking psychedelics like psilocybin mushrooms and LSD before I got into spirituality. After I got into spirituality I sought after mystical experiences on psychedelics, I added N,N-DMT to the psychedelics I would occasionally take.

I found Leo and through him Martin Ball who confirmed my notion that psychedelics can act as a shortcut to enlightenment. I was desperate to become enlightened and did not want to meditate for decades to enter a non-dual state of consciousness.

I read Martin Ball's books, believed that he was in fact enlightened and decided to follow his advice and do 5meo. 

My experience on 5meo was painful, weird and not at all the way Martin Ball or Leo said it would be. There was not really a release of any kind. I did feel loads of energy rush through my body  and I also shaked and moved a lot but there was nothing good or nice about the experience. It was generally very uncomfortable to do it. I had a strong conviction that the drug was effective as I was quite invested in that belief system I had taken up so I did not really question it for a while. If I would have to guess now I think I vaporized the drug on about 10 different occasions over the course of half a year and did a high dosage on most of them. I also took other psychedelics like mushrooms, LSD, MDMA and regular DMT from time to time during this period.

The physical, mental and emotional repercussions of my psychedelic use were enormous during and after this period. I had a fairly normal and okay life before I started doing this which became seriously broken. 

I will sum up the major issues that I faced during the initial 6 months of drug use and the period of 1.5 years  of recovery that followed: I had stomach that would constantly be extremely painful, I would constantly produce too much saliva, I would twitch and make weird movements all day long, I could not eat normally anymore, my sense of smell and taste went away, my vision became bad, I was not able to interact with other people in a normal manner anymore and my brain felt like it did not work properly. I experienced tremendous amounts of pain and suffering.

In the beginning I thought that it was normal, Martin had said that this would happen. It did not ever make me feel like my ego was going away though and eventually I realized that I messed up. 

The road to recovery has been long and painful but things are looking okay now. 

I am sharing my story because I feel like it makes sense to.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing. I guess, I stick to lsd and mushrooms for the next few years then. No need to rush with 5-meo-dmt or dpt. 

And get well man. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Whatever 5-MeO doesn't work the same for everybody

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk