DakotaBaba

Finding Life Purpose Is A Counter Productive Waste Of Time ?

8 posts in this topic

Enlightened people like mooji say you don't need a life purpose and the need for it is out of egoic selfishness and fear and a lack of trust in yourself and your life.  So why find a life purpose when you can use that energy and time to focus on enlightenment ,meditation,  and spirituality ? Life purpose has some advantages but enlightenment work/self-inquiry just seems so much more powerful and superior that it seems to me like working on life purpose is just an inefficient use and waste of time in comparison. And it's also covering up the symptoms of all your life problems , instead of attacking it at the core problem that's causing your unhappiness and life problems which is your lack of awareness and false identification with you thoughts and emotions aka ego. 

Edited by DirtbagDakota

I think when you began with self actualization work, you realize there's no purpose in life.

And that realization is so liberating that you understand that you can do whatever you want, and you really find purpose on life.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@DakotaBaba yeah, to me it seems very difficult to be attached to one pursuit so much, i can understand if we love certain activities and sometimes we enter a flow state with them or we stay up late because we enjoy it or are excited about completing some work, but i can't see myself with a purpose because I know that in reality there is no purpose, beings create purposes but what in the end are we trying to achieve with it? It's all about achieving a sense of wellbeing for ourselves and living congruently with our values, can I not achieve that with interests and hobbies and mini purposes, not this one big ultimate life thing?

I think there are some people who are deep hard grafters but there are others who prefer a more laissez faire attitude but still work hard, just like some people prefer goals and others don't because they feel it's too rigid and less enjoyable an experience to be fixated so much on a goal. I'm trying to figure it all out still, I also can't possibly imagine what purpose id have for my life so that could be why I'm currently not able to see the power of a purpose, purpose sure is powerful but is it necessary? 

@DakotaBaba This is from Leo's video on Free Will Vs. Determinism: 

"Just because there is no self and you're enlightened you can sit around and do nothing. Enlightened people are the most productive people out there. When they want to, and they have an authentic desire, they will have a force of nature. When you have the kind of faith and surrender to life you are unstoppable because nothing can scare you. Yes we are giving up our egotistical power but we will gain complete oneness and unity with life, peace of mind, unconditional happiness, and we get a lot of power by unifying ourselves with the force of nature by allying ourselves with it. We will have the strengths of a waterfall, an avalanche, gravity. These will be impersonal forces, not ego, only act. No pretense in their actions. Very direct like nature."

Great video I would recommend watching again. Whatever choice you make in life, just remember that "you" were not the one making it, but that doesn't necessarily mean to sit on the coach, but to use the illusion of freewill to do good for the betterment of humanity. 

All desire is ultimately the desire for 'oneness'. Whether it be the desire of enlightenment or finding your life purpose. And 'you' will never find this oneness, that's the grand joke of it all. When you go around chasing these desires you will occasionally be teased by glimpses of oneness but you will never get the whole thing. The thing that is chasing oneness is the one that is standing in the way of actually seeing it.

Sorry to all people who buy into this life purpose stuff. But life has no grand purpose, it is what it is. You can only find more happiness by aligning yourself more to what is.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 5/3/2016 at 4:41 AM, DakotaBaba said:

Enlightened people like mooji say you don't need a life purpose and the need for it is out of egoic selfishness and fear and a lack of trust in yourself and your life.  So why find a life purpose when you can use that energy and time to focus on enlightenment ,meditation,  and spirituality ? Life purpose has some advantages but enlightenment work/self-inquiry just seems so much more powerful and superior that it seems to me like working on life purpose is just an inefficient use and waste of time in comparison. And it's also covering up the symptoms of all your life problems , instead of attacking it at the core problem that's causing your unhappiness and life problems which is your lack of awareness and false identification with you thoughts and emotions aka ego. 

On 5/3/2016 at 4:41 AM, DakotaBaba said:

BABA mooji is right, and you seem to have a good understanding of the importance of it.  As mooji would say let life live you

On 12 maj 2016 at 9:22 PM, JustinS said:

@DakotaBaba This is from Leo's video on Free Will Vs. Determinism: 

"Just because there is no self and you're enlightened you can sit around and do nothing. Enlightened people are the most productive people out there. When they want to, and they have an authentic desire, they will have a force of nature. When you have the kind of faith and surrender to life you are unstoppable because nothing can scare you. Yes we are giving up our egotistical power but we will gain complete oneness and unity with life, peace of mind, unconditional happiness, and we get a lot of power by unifying ourselves with the force of nature by allying ourselves with it. We will have the strengths of a waterfall, an avalanche, gravity. These will be impersonal forces, not ego, only act. No pretense in their actions. Very direct like nature."

The aim of the life purpose is not the end result. The end result of life, is death. Therefore, there will never we a point we can reach which will lead to ultimate satisfaction and fulfillment. What will lead to ultimate fulfillment is to be completely present to the moment, always enjoying what is. Having a life purpose can make the journey of life become wonderful. I believe that having a life purpose while being enlightened can lead to what Leo so wonderfully described in the video Free Will Vs. Determinism, like "DakotaBaba" so nicely quoted above.

I think it can be problematic to assume that there is one way to ultimately live for everyone. Remember the "enlightenment" and "purpose" are merely symbols and not describing the true nature of life (just like every word). There are as many interpretation of each symbol as there are people on this planet. Also take into account that every person is different. There is no black and white answers.

I feel like I can't fully express my though clearly. I need to practice to discuss more. :) Perhaps it contains a somewhat resourceful perspective.