Shaun

Why do negative attitudes develop?

6 posts in this topic

It is often said that our attitude and mindset shapes our reality. How is this so? Is it not the other way around?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

It’s all inside of you, you might have some inner demons and you see it all around you, like a projection. Thus giving you a negative attitude towards life. 

If you face your demons and face your fears and realise that we are living in paradise, then you may begin to feel kore positive!

The way I see it is that we do adapt to our environment but ultimately we create what we focus on. Our brain likes to be right so if you think that things are bad you might subconsciously make them bad even if they’re not rather than focusing on making them better.

I have an opinion on everything :D

@Shaun You seem to be making a separation between “inner” and “outer” relative to a self construct. It’s all inter-related. 

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Shaun You seem to be making a separation between “inner” and “outer” relative to a self construct. It’s all inter-related. 

I was thinking about this at work today actually, while the numbers 66 and 666 kept showing up on nearly everything I handled. As you said, I think it's inter related. Reality can affect one's attitude but one's attitude can also affect reality.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”