Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

Everything is Designed to Destroy Itself

6 posts in this topic

Self-destruction seems to be the end goal for each of God's designs.  The Earth is designed to be shaped by numerous geologic forces until it's engulfed by the sun.  The sun is designed to burn out.  Every atom in the cosmos is designed to be ripped apart until the universe undergoes heat death.

Our psychology is designed such that we make foolish decisions, see our insufficiencies, and then make changes.  Each cell in our body can undergo apoptosis, or programed cell death.  Our entire anatomy is designed so that it will eventually grow old and die.

Since we are not separate from the Absolute, it would follow that our creations have the same purpose.  Every piece of technology is designed to either break or be replaced with something better.  Empires are stuctured such that they will triumphantly rise, become complacent, and then fall to the next empire.  Philosophical systems are designed to contradict themselves, so that alternative paradigms will be devised.

Therefore, we are self destruction machines living inside society, which is another self destruction machine.  You might ask why reality would be structured this way.  It's because Being is Becoming, creation is identical to destruction, and life is identical to death.  This was explained well in Leo's video on Aztec Non-duality.

This of course doesn't apply to the Absolute itself.  As Leo explained in his video, What is Reality?, the Absolute cannot be destroyed because it is already nothing, and any finite thing eventually breaks down because it is imaginary.

Edited by bmcnicho

18 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

The only thing not designed to destroy itself is of course the Absolute itself.

Absolute is not designed that we'd state that the absolute is not designed to destroy itself, because saying the sentence of " it is not designed for " is already a presupposition for the misinterpretation that we think it's already a design.

Absolute is the nothingness which could be used for various designs.

hope you don't get my point as a sophistry :P

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

It's not that things are designed to be destroyed, it's that reality is designed to maximize diversity and beauty. Which requires that no one form monopolize the entire playing field.

Imaigne if the planet was only populated by one animal type. That would be a terrible design.

Maximizing creation requires destruction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@bmcnicho

Absolutely glorious insight. Thanks man :D

There is a gimmick for success called "always start with the end in mind".

Honestly, that end is self-destruction no matter what project it is lol

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@hamedsf Important clarification, I'll change it to "This of course doesn't apply to the Absolute itself."

@Leo Gura Great point!  That's the wisdom of Teotl!