Matt8800

Why Some Seekers Reject Psychedelics

92 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Why do you assume that I don't know the direct truth? That's an assumption. I even said it in this thread. Maybe you might not like the way I said it by using metaphors like 'Riding the Ox Backwards.' I want others to discover it for themselves and make their own conclusions.

I got that impression because you seemed to state you did not like the direct approach. If I misunderstood, my bad. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements Was just pointing out he was saying a statement, not a specific group of people, was delusional. 

Ok. I understand that. I know that he wasn't talking about a specific group of ppl. I'm saying that, if you go around making such statements, some individuals, when they make transitions to improve and actually succeeded, they may not come back to you to learn because they think you're too 'rigid' and gave them a hard time for no reason. They may have the wrong impression of you because of how you treated them and called them out in front of everyone. This is not just true with the psychedelic topic, but it's true for all other topics. Let's say someone told you by accident that he only wants to marry someone within his own race/culture, and then you went around spreading that this person is delusional and racist. He probably won't like it. And, later in life, when he grows out of it, and maybe perhaps become a better person than 'you,' he will try his best to avoid interacting with 'you.' Because he understands that you gave him a hard time when he was the one having a hard time at that phase in this life (with his family and surroundings).

@Key Elements I like the direct communication & I love realizing delusions. It’s freeing imo. I think I hear you though, he might offend people (with the word delusion?). That’s the nature of delusion though, the very thing he spends his time helping people with. I feel the love in it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements I like the direct communication & I love realizing delusions. It’s freeing imo. I think I hear you though, he might offend people (with the word delusion?). That’s the nature of delusion though, the very thing he spends his time helping people with. I feel the love in it. 

Yeah, but some ppl really have a hard time getting out of their "delusions." There's no need to make it even harder for them. That's not called helping. In other words, we don't understand exactly what they're going through. So, how can we give them a valid advice? We can't. Unless, we understand their backgrounds and become their best friends. Yeah right, that's a long shot.

You also have to question yourself of how much delusion you're in. It's easier to see other ppl in delusion.

@Key Elements I just can’t find an issue with it. I appreciate the honest straightforwardness, an approach ironically similar to psychedelics. I see the love in his approach. Anyways, lunch break’s over. Time for me to grab the “Deluded!??” sandwich board & the bullhorn and get back to my post. 

Jk. ??♥️

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements I just can’t find an issue with it. I appreciate the honest straightforwardness, an approach ironically similar to psychedelics. I see the love in his approach. Anyways, lunch break’s over. Time for me to grab the “Deluded!??” sandwich board & the bullhorn and get back to my post. 

Jk. ??♥️

Have a good lunch.

I've seen ppl have the hardest times in their lives, being put into delusions in their childhood, and they themselves became very delusional. Most ppl can't relate to these things. For me, I've seen innocent ppl being stabbed to death during a war in my childhood. War creates bigotry that could last for generations. Most ppl can't relate to these things. You see? They haven't been through it. I feel that most don't know what's a real delusion. I will talk about this in my LP eventually. (Btw, around this time is when my 'Riding the Ox Backwards' happened.) I have to figure out how to present it in my LP. I know I can't just go around saying that certain ppl are delusional. I find calling out ppl to be poor communication.

@Key Elements Matt was saying the statement about the uselessness of psychedelics was delusion, not that the people are delusional. He might see people as perfect love, and the delusion as the good news relative to the suffering. I don’t know but that’s my hunch. 

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements Matt was saying the statement about the uselessness of psychedelics was delusion, not that the people are delusional. He might see people as perfect love, and the delusion as the good news relative to the suffering. I don’t know but that’s my hunch. 

All right, I just want to help ppl out without labeling them (if they come into my life purpose). I want to avoid using such word, "delusional." May cause misunderstandings. Doesn't matter psychedelics or not. Words do matter when communicating.

Just look at how this teen goes around and calls ppl out using the word "ugly." I like how the doctor communicates with her without becoming like her.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Key Elements Ya but this stupid sandwich board cost like fifty bucks.

Use a different approach. Don't go to them. Make your own sandwich board. Always look at challenges as opportunities.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."