Falk

6 Hours Strong Determination Sitting

51 posts in this topic

Yesterday I finaly did it. the big 6 hours strong determination sitting :)

Right now i don´t realy have words, i just transcended the pain and reached a state of calmness.

The frist 2-3hours were quite easy,then the pain realy dropped in and i felt like jesus on the cross, but i remembered matt kahn and just gave love to the one who is suffering and  the pain dissipated... some later in the meditation i became extremely horny xD but ofc i didnt moove and just experienced the feeling...

At the end of the session i felt amazing! i opened my eyes and saw the garden i meditated in with a new vividness and "life-magic" I spend 20minutes watching a snail-shell, the texture of the bark of a birch and the irregular/fascinating pattern of the small white paintdrops on the black metal-chair i was sitting on... those things where so amazing i thought, this is the best ART i´ve ever seen!! Everything seemed so alive and meaningful. 

Later i was back in my appartment and i acutally had to cry because i felt how shallow my life is, i thought i wanna go more the direction of "feeling" things instead of just "thinking" my way through life...life is prescious, i´m not going to die as the shallow fuck im right now!

@Falk The " life magic" was the gardens awareness of you. Did it feel like awareness was looking into a mirror?

dude that is awesome i want to do strong determination sitting but i feel like i already do it because i dont move when i meditate. Sometimes my muscles  tighten without my control are you supposed to resist that. Is there something more to strong determinations  sitting other than not moving?

@Falk wow! how long have you been training for? which position where you sitting in?

1 hour ago, Falk said:

Yesterday I finaly did it. the big 6 hours strong determination sitting :)

Right now i don´t realy have words, i just transcended the pain and reached a state of calmness.

The frist 2-3hours were quite easy,then the pain realy dropped in and i felt like jesus on the cross, but i remembered matt kahn and just gave love to the one who is suffering and  the pain dissipated... some later in the meditation i became extremely horny xD but ofc i didnt moove and just experienced the feeling...

At the end of the session i felt amazing! i opened my eyes and saw the garden i meditated in with a new vividness and "life-magic" I spend 20minutes watching a snail-shell, the texture of the bark of a birch and the irregular/fascinating pattern of the small white paintdrops on the black metal-chair i was sitting on... those things where so amazing i thought, this is the best ART i´ve ever seen!! Everything seemed so alive and meaningful. 

Later i was back in my appartment and i acutally had to cry because i felt how shallow my life is, i thought i wanna go more the direction of "feeling" things instead of just "thinking" my way through life...life is prescious, i´m not going to die as the shallow fuck im right now!

Wow! How long was your longest SDS before that? I'm very impressed by your resolve. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@cetus56 hm maybe yes, i´m not shure since i wasn´t conceptualizing in words at that moment, something about that picture isn´t quite right thou, it seems a bit too complicated for what i experienced ...it was not like "awareness looking in a mirror" it was more like ...awareness existed...or just ...."exist"

@mikeyy nah it is basicly sitting and not mooving, that´s it. i guess the duration and the frequency of the practice is important for the result

@Huz88 i´m doing 1h every day since 1st march and i already did a 2h and a 3h sit the last weekends (postet my experiences here too) , i thought why just do 4h now?  just do 6h! 

@Emerald Wilkins 3h before that, but i intuitively felt i have to and i CAN! push that day. The first 2h in the morning it was so cold in the garden, but then around 11am just when i was about to freeze to death (haven´t taken the wind into consideration xD ) the sun came out and warmed me up for the rest of the 4 hours ...i actually ended up having a slight sunburn on my face 

incredible! I can barely do 50 minutes in burmese position on my bed! How long where you meditating for before? Whats your experience like now?

22 minutes ago, Falk said:

@@Emerald Wilkins 3h before that, but i intuitively felt i have to and i CAN! push that day. The first 2h in the morning it was so cold in the garden, but then around 11am just when i was about to freeze to death (haven´t taken the wind into consideration xD ) the sun came out and warmed me up for the rest of the 4 hours ...i actually ended up having a slight sunburn on my face 

That's awesome! Very inspiring!

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

21 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

That's awesome! Very inspiring!

whats the longest you have done?

Holy shit, that is incredible! I've only been able to do 90 minutes max! You've just given me a whole new level of motivation.  

27 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

whats the longest you have done?

I've only ever done 30 minute and one hour sits. The one hour sits are plenty intense for me. O.o I haven't tried any longer sits yet. 

Emotionalmastery.org

13 hours ago, Falk said:

i opened my eyes and saw the garden i meditated in with a new vividness and "life-magic" I spend 20minutes watching a snail-shell, the texture of the bark of a birch and the irregular/fascinating pattern of the small white paintdrops on the black metal-chair i was sitting on... those things where so amazing i thought, this is the best ART i´ve ever seen!! Everything seemed so alive and meaningful. 

11 hours ago, Falk said:

Just for clarification the way the experience was conveyed at first, it seemed as if you were experiencing that in a conceptualized manner so I put the question in a conceptualized form (the mirror). What is the saying? "look deeply into nature and you will find it is looking back at you"  (something like that). But yes, in truth only one field of awareness ever exists. The mind seems to experience that happening as a reflection of sorts. It gives the impression awareness has become aware of itself. And the beauty is in the fact that we can experience that pure field of awareness as a silent observer. It's like peeking in on the true workings of the universe and watching what is happening "behind the scenes". That's the "magic" as I experience it. I remember those same experiences very well as a child and again now since doing a lot of silent sitting and silently observing  pure awareness at rest.  Once the door is found, it becomes more easily accessed and so very natural and original.  The "cleansing of the doors of perception".

@Falk

What if you found out there was a key that would enable you to open and close your doors of perception at will, void of psychedelics? What if you found out you not only held the key, but you were the key? Would you unlock the doors, or keep them shut?

Well, you are the key, and whether or not you choose to enter through the doors is a choice that, although invisible, is life changing. You are the vehicle for the trip, consider this but a mere travel summary. And for a detailed itinerary?  Well, that can only be fetched by you -not the part of you reading this, but the altered dream state part of your consciousness that will travel beyond the doors of perception to the wildness of the world where there is a livingness to all things- as it can only be found in a place with exclusive access. A place where you can travel, but no one may follow -not even the conscious, waking state version of yourself scanning these very words.  

If you have experimented with psychedelics, you most likely know what it is like to sense the type of “livingness” to all things of which I speak. Even if you haven’t used psychedelics, though, you almost certainly have still experienced this same livingness to all things in the world around you to a noticeable degree at least once, but probably various times as a child -a moment where the world around you took on a shimmery glow, colours suddenly appeared brighter, sounds louder and clearer, physical sensations amplified and, most notably, you could FEEL the world around you.

I am not referring to the physical, touching type of feeling, but to the intangible, energy sense of feeling where you could almost feel the luminosity of the world around you within, and you and the luminous rested in harmony as if you were one. You were present, your perceptions altered, your senses heightened. In short,  your sensory gating channels opened to some degree, a process more commonly referred to as opening your doors of perception.  

Sensory Gating Explained: The Science Behind the Doors of Perception

The “doors of perception” are the part of our brain and central nervous system responsible for filtering input from all external stimuli, involving all of your senses -feeling (both physical and nonphysical), sight, sound, taste and smell. This process, known as “sensory gating,” enables us to decipher the difference between “me” and “not me.” Through sensory gating, we are able to manage and comprehend the constant stream of sensory data from the external environment. Without it, we would be unable to filter out what matters and what doesn’t, and all sensory data would touch us deeply and ultimately, we would become overstimulated and overwhelmed and go “crazy” -according to modern medicine, that is.

You see, many of the people who are now referred to as “schizophrenics” have wide sensory gating channels that they do not know how to close, causing an overload in stimulus.  In indigenous cultures, these people would have instead been called SHAMANS, and would have been taught how to control their doors of perception and open and close them as need be. There are ways to begin opening the doors of perception, or sensory gating channels, without using psychedelics. Of course, the experience will not be as intense or immediate, but nor will it be short lived.

Rather, by utilizing practices that help open your sensory gating channels to some degree by altering your state of consciousness, you learn to open the doors of perception into the metaphysical background of the world and continuously uncover deeper truths to yourself and the world around you. In essence, playing with the doors of perception in this manner, rather than through the use of mind altering substances, allows you to do more than have a life changing experience in which you see the deeper meanings to life for a brief period of time (i.e. a “trip”), but to change your life where every moment is an experience in a continuous journey into further, unexplored depths of life.

@cetus56

Very well spoken/ very articulate , you should think about writing a book about this.

Yes, I experimented with mind altering substances when i was 18/19ish, but this is a long time ago... Had some very amazing and some very hellish experiences, where i actually thought "nice! now you did it, you broke yourself, will never return to normal life" which made me realy question the very fabric of reality and of myself and i can totaly see how some people actualy go "insane" from using some of those substances. I always say when "you" experience something realy strange and alien, it can be dealt with ..but when the very alien thing suddenly is "you" then the mind seems to get a serious problem xD which sounds funny years later but back then i know it wasnt and some of my friends actualy spend some time in recovery-hospitals, gladly noone was runined for life... I personaly am glad for those "experiences" today,  but i didn´t feel like this was the right path for me so i refrained from further engagements in this field when i was 20 and from then on living pretty much sober.

I feel like meditation is more of an emotionaly secure way of getting to your true self.

Meditation is more work instead of just beeing thrown into something and i feel it is way more predictable compared to chaning your brains neuronal activity with certain substances. But i can definatly see why people are fascinated by that possibility. To be quite honest i became too scared of the negative effects of those "drugs" because lets be honest, everyone on youtube just tells you about "my amazing dmt-experience" , "cool salvia 100xextract first time experience" etc ...because the people who induce schizophrenia on them don´t upload videos xD And in fact it IS a very small ridge you are mooving on specially when you are emotionaly unstable! i would recommend to put your hand off of drugs and meditate and get rooted in life first before you start "loosing" yourself.

@Infinite awesome :) inspiring people to do longer meditations was my main concern when posting this. I think inspiration is realy important, leo inspired me to do the 6hours, i wouldnt have done it if i hadnt watched some of his videos. it is realy worth it. life changing in fact!

15 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I've only ever done 30 minute and one hour sits. The one hour sits are plenty intense for me. O.o I haven't tried any longer sits yet. 

Hm? ok ...i found that 60minutes actually are my personal changing point where it gets realy interessting, (that´s why i like 90 sits if can afford it time-wise) so maybe try that. May i ask what is the obstacle for you? Pain? Boredom? i guess boredom  can´t be it, so it must be the pain. if you find sitting in lotus too bad for the legs then just sit on a chair on a pillow, that´s how i usually do it :) I can´t stress enough the importance of frequency and duration of this practices in order to actually grow, Just watch 30min less of teal swan videos (i know it can be addictive xD ) and do 30min more meditation instead...

@Falk  These were not my words spoken. Something I found on the doors of perception and "gating" as it's called. (great term).  I think that what you experienced after your 6 hr. of sitting may been due to the "absence" of a mental gate in perception because of that sitting? I have had an interest in this subject since a child having that profound experience myself so that is how this path all started for me. Substances have always seemed like something interesting but I never indulged in that type of exploration. I have to admit though, I have always wondered what I may be missing. But than again, there are no perfect shortcuts.

@Falk Now that you know where that "gate" is, do you think you could enter through it next time with less than a 6 hr. sitting?

10 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Falk  These were not my words spoken. Something I found on the doors of perception and "gating" as it's called. (great term).  I think that what you experienced after your 6 hr. of sitting may been due to the "absence" of a mental gate in perception because of that sitting? I have had an interest in this subject since a child having that profound experience myself so that is how this path all started for me. Substances have always seemed like something interesting but I never indulged in that type of exploration. I have to admit though, I have always wondered what I may be missing. But than again, there are no perfect shortcuts.

Jeah with drugs it realy depends i would say, when i was 18 i was very depressed and actually felt like i got nothing to loose, i guess that´s why i came out on top if these experiences ..i´m pretty shure if i was attached to my "personality" at that time the experiences i made (especially with salvia) would have turned me literly insane. Don´t take this stuff easy, it is extremely potent, also we were quite stupid and didnt prepare well enough in terms of set and setting back then ... but that´s a different story ...If you are interessted in what happens without taking the substances yourself you can read on a site called "erowid" about good and bad trips , it is quite interessting. Some describe it very good so you can grasp how it must feel like without actually doing it yourself. 

@cetus56 I will have to try, but intuitively i would say yes.

Edited by Falk

@Falk Which position did you sit in? I find that I can easily sit like 3 hours in a comferatable chair. If I sit cross legged on a hard floor I can do 1.5 hours absoloute max! because the legs will cramp and hurt.

@ZenDog i was just sitting with straight back on a chair. with crossed legs i will get cramps too, so i dont do it for longer sessions anymore, only for 1h maybe.