SoonHei

Jim and the Enlightened One - please read/review

13 posts in this topic

For those who know not what they seek - please read! Rest, please also ready and let me know what you think :)

This is something I have thought about writing before. This is still a quick one but I think this can give many a shake-up and may reveal what it is they are seeking... That which they already have and isn't lost... was NEVER lost.

Below is a story about Jim and the Enlightened One

==============================================================

Jim and the Enlightened One

Jim was a typical spiritual seeker. Having learned of enlightenment and after a few mystical experiences under his belt he was fully engrossed in his search to attain self-realization. With daily meditation practices, yoga and week-long retreats few times a year, it had now been 5 years since he had fist stumbled upon the discovery which began his path. Jim shared his experiences with a few close friends and his immediate family, most of whom were as supportive as one would expect.

Life was moving slowly but full of change. Jim had started to approach life with an open mind taking in all the possible variety of experiences to learn and grow. It was summertime and Jim was very excited because after years of trying, he was finally able to secure himself a one-on-one meeting with a highly regarded spiritual teacher. The teacher was known by the name Tukmo and had developed a reputation for being able to awaken many seekers. This was one of the main reasons why Jim was very excited and looking forward to meeting him.

Jim sat outside Tukmo’s office, awaiting his arrival at their scheduled time. Tukmo’s assistant had checked him in and informed that he’s just about finished his session with another client. Jim sat quietly outside in a meditative state, trying to clear his mind to be better prepared for the meeting. Jim knew all the basics of spirituality. “I’m not the body… I’m not the mind” he would recite as part of his mantra meditation. “I’m not Jim, but the one who is aware of Jim.” he would often remind himself. Various breathing techniques, observing the thoughts, watching the watcher were all parts of his daily routines.

The door opened and out came Tukmo accompanied by an older woman. “Thank you… thank you so much” she cried as she kissed his hand. Tukmo simply placed his hand on her head and smiled. Jim stared at the woman and she beamed back. Jim returned a smile and then looked at Tukmo awaiting his invitation. Tukmo looked an Jim, smiled and nodded. They went inside his office. It was quite a modern setup. Jim thought he had walked into his accountant’s office with the only difference being that there were books about spirituality instead of tax book charters. Tukmo asked Jim to have a seat and walked towards the window in the room. He looked outside of the window and took a deep breath. Jim sat in the chair quietly waiting for his much anticipated session to start.

“So, what can I do for you?” Tukmo asked finally, still looking out of the window. Jim felt blank. This was the moment he had looked forward to for a long time. To be in the presence of an enlightened one, and here he was now lost for words. “Help me awaken. I want to be self-realized” he said quickly to end the long silence. “well, I’m sure you know this already, but who wants to awaken?” asked Tukmo.

“I am not Jim, I’m not my thoughts, I’m not this body… but I feel like I am, I am choosing these words to speak, I’m forming this sentence, I came here today to see you to be free. What then am I doing wrong? Jim asked hopefully.

Tukmo waited before he spoke again. “You say that you’re not Jim, but are aware of Jim… his body"

“Yes.”

“and the mind also, you're not Jim's thoughts either?”

“yes, I’m not”

“if you’re not the body then who came here today?”

“well, Jim did”

“and who is answering me?”

“Jim”

“And are you him?”

“No”

“who is answering me?

“again Jim”

“There you go. You say that you know that you’re not the body yet you are very much identified with it. Same with the mind. That mind and body belong to Jim. The message is not for Jim, the message is for YOU!”

“but I can’t seem to dis-identify from Jim. I feel the body as mine, I think my thoughts, how do I become free?”

“by paying deep alert attention to what I am about to tell you… YOU… YOU are ALREADY Free. As the one who is aware of Jim, you are anything but Jim. To be aware of something, you must stand aloof from it and not be it. Once again, hear me out… This message is not for Jim, it NEVER was! When you ask for a ‘how to be free’ you put yourself in a locked cage that very moment and then await for a key to be given to you in the form of an answer to your question. The fish in the ocean can never find the water IF it is looking for it.”

“hmmm, wow. You’re right and I have understood that before… I’m already enlightened. I’m already free. I’m free right this very moment! But then why does it not seem to be the case!?”

“The Fish in the ocean can NEVER find the water if it is looking for it… again, you may know that you’re not Jim… who then, are you? Who knows that he is not Jim?

“ I do”

“And who is this I?”

“I am”

“No, that’s again Jim answering… who KNOWS that he is NOT Jim right this moment? The One who KNOWS that he is not Jim, that is who YOU are! NOT the One who is answering me, for YOU also see the one who answers. Jim answers, and the Enlightened One sees him answer.”

Jim became very quite. Jim looked at Tukmo but something was suddenly different. Very different. Almost like something had finally clicked. Jim tried to speak but no words came. There was a deep silence.

Tukmo was smiling and waiting.

“I… I need to… I think I… I am already free… ? “

Tukmo started, smiling more deeply.

Nothing mattered anymore. Trying to understand or explain it to himself did not matter… Everything became very comical. Jim tried to speak but his mouth only knew laughter. It felt right. It finally struck him and he roared! He laughed in Joy “I am already free! I! I am ALREADY FREE! I… I always have been! I as the one who KNOWS was always free!”

Tukmo smiled silently, leaving the stage all for Jim.

“Jim can never be free! Jim is just a story! I am the enlightened one! I am borrowing Jim’s mouth to speak with you Tukmo, but that’s all! I AM NOT JIM OR HIS JIMMY MIND!”

“and let's see... Who is not Jim?” Tukmo asked with a smile.

“The One who knows that this, right now, is Jim who is answering your question. That One is not Jim! That One, who knows, is who I am. I am out of this world! I am out of Jim's world... out of your world Tukmo!” Jim said.

Tukmo smiled.

“The freedom lies in your lived understanding of the teaching, that you’re not the body or the mind, but are the one who is aware of them. That’s all which is needed. Any inquiry after that point to further clarify is simply the failure to understand the teaching. Jim had been trying to escape himself, which is impossible. Jim cannot be free. For there is no Jim to be free. Jim is a puppet and the puppeteer had mistaken himself to be the puppet. The puppet is not real, the puppet is only real in his world, and thus, the puppet’s world is also not real.”

“I don’t think this is necessary, but Thank You Tukmo” Jim said

“You’re welcome Jim “

Jim got up, shook Tukmo’s hand and left his office with a smile. Looking out in front of him, without a care or worry, into the infinite possibilities the world he currently was in.

=================================================================

The Story of Jim is like many of us on here. We are seeking to find that which is not lost. The one who searches for his glasses while wearing them is ignorant to the fact that he already has that which he seeks.

and Now to really understand what took place above and what maybe happening for you in your spiritual search...

Read the above story with this MASTER KEY: Tukmo in the story above is not speaking to Jim at any given point. Tukmo is speaking to YOU, the reader! Read it again with this knowledge and be free of your own Jim!

Edited by SoonHei
addition

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

13 hours ago, SoonHei said:

For those who know not what they seek - please read! Rest, please also ready and let me know what you think :)

This is something I have thought about writing before. This is still a quick one but I think this can give many a shake-up and may reveal what it is they are seeking... That which they already have and isn't lost... was NEVER lost.

Below is a story about Jim and the Enlightened One

==============================================================

Jim and the Enlightened One

Jim was a typical spiritual seeker. Having learned of enlightenment and after a few mystical experiences under his belt he was fully engrossed in his search to attain self-realization. With daily meditation practices, yoga and week-long retreats few times a year, it had now been 5 years since he had fist stumbled upon the discovery which began his path. Jim shared his experiences with a few close friends and his immediate family, most of whom were as supportive as one would expect.

Life was moving slowly but full of change. Jim had started to approach life with an open mind taking in all the possible variety of experiences to learn and grow. It was summertime and Jim was very excited because after years of trying, he was finally able to secure himself a one-on-one meeting with a highly regarded spiritual teacher. The teacher was known by the name Tukmo and had developed a reputation for being able to awaken many seekers. This was one of the main reasons why Jim was very excited and looking forward to meeting him.

Jim sat outside Tukmo’s office, awaiting his arrival at their scheduled time. Tukmo’s assistant had checked him in and informed that he’s just about finished his session with another client. Jim sat quietly outside in a meditative state, trying to clear his mind to be better prepared for the meeting. Jim knew all the basics of spirituality. “I’m not the body… I’m not the mind” he would recite as part of his mantra meditation. “I’m not Jim, but the one who is aware of Jim.” he would often remind himself. Various breathing techniques, observing the thoughts, watching the watcher were all parts of his daily routines.

The door opened and out came Tukmo accompanied by an older woman. “Thank you… thank you so much” she cried as she kissed his hand. Tukmo simply placed his hand on her head and smiled. Jim stared at the woman and she beamed back. Jim returned a smile and then looked at Tukmo awaiting his invitation. Tukmo looked an Jim, smiled and nodded. They went inside his office. It was quite a modern setup. Jim thought he had walked into his accountant’s office with the only difference being that there were books about spirituality instead of tax book charters. Tukmo asked Jim to have a seat and walked towards the window in the room. He looked outside of the window and took a deep breath. Jim sat in the chair quietly waiting for his much anticipated session to start.

“So, what can I do for you?” Tukmo asked finally, still looking out of the window. Jim felt blank. This was the moment he had looked forward to for a long time. To be in the presence of an enlightened one, and here he was now lost for words. “Help me awaken. I want to be self-realized” he said quickly to end the long silence. “well, I’m sure you know this already, but who wants to awaken?” asked Tukmo.

“I am not Jim, I’m not my thoughts, I’m not this body… but I feel like I am, I am choosing these words to speak, I’m forming this sentence, I came here today to see you to be free. What then am I doing wrong? Jim asked hopefully.

Tukmo waited before he spoke again. “You say that you’re not Jim, but are aware of Jim… his body"

“Yes.”

“and the mind also, you're not Jim's thoughts either?”

“yes, I’m not”

“if you’re not the body then who came here today?”

“well, Jim did”

“and who is answering me?”

“Jim”

“And are you him?”

“No”

“who is answering me?

“again Jim”

“There you go. You say that you know that you’re not the body yet you are very much identified with it. Same with the mind. That mind and body belong to Jim. The message is not for Jim, the message is for YOU!”

“but I can’t seem to dis-identify from Jim. I feel the body as mine, I think my thoughts, how do I become free?”

“by paying deep alert attention to what I am about to tell you… YOU… YOU are ALREADY Free. As the one who is aware of Jim, you are anything but Jim. To be aware of something, you must stand aloof from it and not be it. Once again, hear me out… This message is not for Jim, it NEVER was! When you ask for a ‘how to be free’ you put yourself in a locked cage that very moment and then await for a key to be given to you in the form of an answer to your question. The fish in the ocean can never find the water IF it is looking for it.”

“hmmm, wow. You’re right and I have understood that before… I’m already enlightened. I’m already free. I’m free right this very moment! But then why does it not seem to be the case!?”

“The Fish in the ocean can NEVER find the water if it is looking for it… again, you may know that you’re not Jim… who then, are you? Who knows that he is not Jim?

“ I do”

“And who is this I?”

“I am”

“No, that’s again Jim answering… who KNOWS that he is NOT Jim right this moment? The One who KNOWS that he is not Jim, that is who YOU are! NOT the One who is answering me, for YOU also see the one who answers. Jim answers, and the Enlightened One sees him answer.”

Jim became very quite. Jim looked at Tukmo but something was suddenly different. Very different. Almost like something had finally clicked. Jim tried to speak but no words came. There was a deep silence.

Tukmo was smiling and waiting.

“I… I need to… I think I… I am already free… ? “

Tukmo started, smiling more deeply.

Nothing mattered anymore. Trying to understand or explain it to himself did not matter… Everything became very comical. Jim tried to speak but his mouth only knew laughter. It felt right. It finally struck him and he roared! He laughed in Joy “I am already free! I! I am ALREADY FREE! I… I always have been! I as the one who KNOWS was always free!”

Tukmo smiled silently, leaving the stage all for Jim.

“Jim can never be free! Jim is just a story! I am the enlightened one! I am borrowing Jim’s mouth to speak with you Tukmo, but that’s all! I AM NOT JIM OR HIS JIMMY MIND!”

“and let's see... Who is not Jim?” Tukmo asked with a smile.

“The One who knows that this, right now, is Jim who is answering your question. That One is not Jim! That One, who knows, is who I am. I am out of this world! I am out of Jim's world... out of your world Tukmo!” Jim said.

Tukmo smiled.

“The freedom lies in your lived understanding of the teaching, that you’re not the body or the mind, but are the one who is aware of them. That’s all which is needed. Any inquiry after that point to further clarify is simply the failure to understand the teaching. Jim had been trying to escape himself, which is impossible. Jim cannot be free. For there is no Jim to be free. Jim is a puppet and the puppeteer had mistaken himself to be the puppet. The puppet is not real, the puppet is only real in his world, and thus, the puppet’s world is also not real.”

“I don’t think this is necessary, but Thank You Tukmo” Jim said

“You’re welcome Jim “

Jim got up, shook Tukmo’s hand and left his office with a smile. Looking out in front of him, without a care or worry, into the infinite possibilities the world he currently was in.

=================================================================

The Story of Jim is like many of us on here. We are seeking to find that which is not lost. The one who searches for his glasses while wearing them is ignorant to the fact that he already has that which he seeks.

and Now to really understand what took place above and what maybe happening for you in your spiritual search...

Read the above story with this MASTER KEY: Tukmo in the story above is not speaking to Jim at any given point. Tukmo is speaking to YOU, the reader! Read it again with this knowledge and be free of your own Jim!

11 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Mikael89 ♥️??

Thank you for this beautiful True story!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

1 minute ago, Telepresent said:

@SoonHei  Are you Tukmo or Jim? 

He is Tukmo or Jim or neither or both :D

#nondualityvocabatitsbest 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

He is Tukmo or Jim or neither or both :D

#nondualityvocabatitsbest 

Lol

OK, so aside from verbal blutterbatter...? 

(by the way, I'm not trying to do one of those "I'm so clever I'm going to do a zen question which doesn't address anything in your post" answers. I want to know from which perspective you write) 

Edited by Telepresent

@Telepresent hey

I (soonhei) was not in that narrative

it is just like any story you would read. except Tumko is speaking to the reader (telepresent) not Jim.

Sure, he is speaking with Jim... but Jim cannot be enlightened, the enlightened one does not exist in Jim's world. just like there is nobody enlightened in the world of duality ("real life") 

you as awareness is enlightened/awake - which is aware of this world but not of this world

that was illustrated with awareness substituted as the reader of the story... the reader of the story is aware of the story-world but not of the story-world.

this should click in a felt-understanding sort of way if you're really grasping

the whole awakening/enlightenement is beyond telepresent... it is for YOU (awareness/reader) which is out of this world but intimately one with / in it.

Love Is The Answer

@Telepresent hmmm. i am trying to understand what you're asking...

i wrote initially with Jim talking/knowing with a spirtual ego initially - not knowing his true self and coming to Tukmo (who is enlightened ) to ask for help

tukmo, being enlightened speaks from TRUTH

after his quick dance with Jim - "jim" then finally gets it  and is also enlightened when he confirms: “The One who knows that this, right now, is Jim who is answering your question. That One is not Jim! That One, who knows, is who I am. I am out of this world! I am out of Jim's world... out of your world Tukmo!” Jim said.  - illustrating which POV he is speaking from. he's speaking as awareness or in the context of the story; at that point he is speaking as the reader who is reading the story

Love Is The Answer

and for you @Telepresent  focus on who it is that wants to know from which point of view SoonHei was writing? are you that who wants to know? or are YOU the ONE who is aware of one wanting to know

Love Is The Answer

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@SoonHei I think Telepresent just wants to know if you are enlightened or not.

Yea, I just want the know from what authority you put words in the teacher's mouth? 

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@SoonHei I think Telepresent just wants to know if you are enlightened or not.

@Mikael89 @Telepresent

hmm. in that case. i dance between the two places. the clarity increases. i know what I am not and that's all which is required to be known. 

but there is also nothing which i am not, for I am all.

short version: not seeking. ever integrating and enhancing

of course any talking about it cannot ever show/convince if one is "enlightened" 

afterall, Jim before and after his enlightenment is the same Jim :)

Love Is The Answer