karkaore

Quick questionnaire

54 posts in this topic

I have a quick questionnaire prepared. Would be pleased if you guys would sacrifice some of your time answering directly. Here we go:

Whats the shape of the planet?

Does a tree have a root?

Is there a sun behind the clouds?

Can animals understand language?

What colour is your hair?

Is mount Everest the highest mountain top on Earth?

Does Amazon jungle exist?

Is global warming happening?

Please, be as honest as you can and think as less as you can when answering.

Love. ❤️

I don't know, but I can assume/think/believe.

Edited by Truth Addict

Please state a purpose of this questionnaire, so we can determine which sub-forum it suits better for.

@Natasha Truth Addict just ruined all the fun. ? The purpose was pointing out overlooked assumptions and 'knowing'. Which in my case was the most important thing to become aware of. Yet.

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know, but I can assume/think/believe.

In other words, whatever I assume/think/believe, becomes my knowledge.

Mind blowing stuff 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

And the assumption itself, not the thing we are assuming, but the process of assumption is even more overlooked and ignored. It is being processed in pitch black, without making a sound. Extremely difficult to recognise. I feel that this is not being stressed enough.

3 minutes ago, karkaore said:

And the assumption itself, not the thing we are assuming, but the process of assumption is even more overlooked and ignored. It is being processed in pitch black, without making a sound. Extremely difficult to recognise. I feel that this is not being stressed enough.

What are the assumptions of this that you just posted? 

@Aakash I can assume that the above post is as close to the truth as my capability of communicating it to you gets.  If that makes any sense.?

@karkaore that’s great! Keep going and finding assumptions everywhere in life! The goal is to become a critical thinker and healthy skeptic. 

This skepticism should always be applied primarily to your own knowledge until you find out what the truth of the matter is. 

I would recommend looking at Joseph mannors journal, he’s probably the best skeptic on this forum. He’s so skeptic he hasn’t found anything he takes for truth yet. Now that, is amazing skepticism. 

Edited by Aakash

@Preetom Sure ??

@karkaore I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to ?

@Aakash Finger pointing to the moon. He/She is doing great at describing the truth.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Aakash Thank you, my friend. ❤️ 

What I assume ? I am stuck with the most is the assumption of me not knowing anything apply to the truth i am expecting. I suppose I lack experience and the ability to differentiate Truth from my assumptions.

@Truth Addict lol heeeee is orange paradigm and only sees truth in material objects. You is a material object no? :) 

@karkaore well that’s what spiritual practice and non duality is for! Non duality is the truth! We should all aim for non-duality first before venturing into the real unknown. Once you get there, you will be able to integrate truth much better. 

So for now it’s simple repeat this sentence “anything I know is false...I should get my truths from mystical experiences only and this requires spiritual practice. Reading a book will not verify any truths for me, but the practices will” 

@karkaore

The insight you shared with us is very important. And not-knowing is a great place to start from.

If all of the questions you suggested cannot be answered, how do you know that they cannot be answered? Is not being able to know an assumption or the truth? What is the difference?

@Aakash I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Aakash Nonduality is the truth for you perhaps. Now I have had a couple nondual experiences. They have definitely changed my mind for good. But what is true for me in this moment? Does nonduality even exist for me now? Besides my memory and thoughts/ideas its not there.

Whats true for me at this moment is nowhere close to nonduality. ?

What a crooked life we live.

@Truth Addict you are in a pickle my friend, assumptions themselves are not bad. They provide a foundation for your neurones to process information. 

What you should aim for is higher assumptions based on truth than your current collection. This is what I did, this is what non duality helps reveal. The non duality assumptions should only be questioned once in a non dual state. As an outside how can you question if such is an assumption without being first immersed in it ? The fact is you can’t and therefore you should question those you have already placed on yourself and gain higher perspectives. 

This is the essence of moving up the spiral, gaining higher perspectives AND questioning the assumptions at that level. Have you asked yourself what level you are at ? 

I will give you some assumptions you can take to are true for you to progress. 

@Aakash I meant I didn't understand the language.

Spiral Dynamics is independent of enlightenment and Non-duality. Integration is independent of both.

I am mostly at stage Green with traces of Blue and some Orange and a little bit of Yellow.

Edited by Truth Addict

@karkaore :) it’s basically like i said to truth. Spiral dynamics is a tested foundation for human consciousness. Take my current level... I am red/orange.. I see the world as materialism and survival of the fittest. 

The statement non duality is the truth , I can take as an assumption for my basic neurological knowledge and work my way up to this point. This assumption will govern your action and therefore as a scientist perhaps you can conclude if it’s the truth once you get there after doing self-inquiry and meditation

thinking everything is an assumption is a big mistake. You will regress, just sort out your assumptions one at a time and methodically and try to move forward little by little 

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@karkaore

The insight you shared with us is very important. And not-knowing is a great place to start from.

If all of the questions you suggested cannot be answered, how do you know that they cannot be answered? Is not being able to know an assumption or the truth? What is the difference?

I didn't state that they cannot be answered. For all i know, tomorrow i might be conscious enough to realise the truth behind them.

This one: Is not being able to know an assumption or the truth?

The answer is not clear in my mind. Obvious indication that my assumptions are ahead of me in this journey. ? But i will try. I do want to believe that it's just an assumption but will not buy it because of huge possibilities of deception. .... Wait a minute...!. It's true that one cannot grasp the Truth!