docs20

Trascendental Meditation

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys! 

In the last few months I've been interested in getting info about this kind of meditation since it has been very much sponsered by very famous people like David Lynch, who owns a foundation and who is one of my favorite artists. 

The only thing that makes me kind of suspicious about that is the enormous amount of money that goes around this meditation that kind of become a trademark for which there is a lot of spend for just a few lessons (at least in my country) and there is seems not to be much info online about the technique itself which is hold as a secret that practitioners are not allowed to share, since they're taught that otherwise their "personalized" mantra wouldn't work for them anymore.

Has anyone here learnt? What's your opinion, maybe compared to other kind of meditations? Maybe is someone willing to share what is really about?

Namaste ;) 

@docs20 I’ve done Transcendental Mediation and signed up through a program. I wouldn’t recommend it for an experienced meditator it would be a waste I feel. For those inexperienced I think it has much benefit.

I had been mediating for a while before trying it and definitely found it being different. Although I’m not sure how I would scale it against other methods. I have my own preferences outside of it. But I think it’s a good varietal option.

I don’t feel so much money should be involved but it does have its benefits as an alternative. The practice is completely grounded Maharishi Mahesh’s work.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@docs20 It's just mantra meditation. You can pick any random mantra and use it to meditate.

Here, I'll give you a free mantra you can use which will be as good as any other:

"rum lum da, rum lum da"

There you go! Now repeat it mindfully a million times. That's all mantra meditation is.

You will get better results with Kriya yoga and it's free.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@docs20

There are some experiences to be had with the practitioners of things like TM, Yoga, Reiki, Psychics, Mediums, which can be grounding, calming, healing, and also completely paradigm changing. There is a lot to sift through for sure. But it’s like trying to tell someone what a trip is like when they haven’t been. You have to go and see. The mantra in Tm would be meaningful for you, because you would create it. I’d rather meditate overnight in the middle of the woods, but if you could use a hand just getting started & some help from a more advanced meditator, try TM. I believe it’s a twice a day schedule at home, and meeting weekly could be useful accountability & guidance with more than you might suspect. It’s a bunch of things adding up to breakthroughs that matters anyways. Try a bunch of things. There is also something you’re saying to your life when you just pull the trigger so to speak, and do it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE