Beard

Insurance denied my claim for Armodafinil as ADHD medication

7 posts in this topic

The title says it briefly. Insurance denied my claim for approval to used 150 mg armodafinil as an ADHD medication. I am on methylphenidate and cannot stand it much longer. I wanted to switch over to have a medication that does not have amphetamines and physically addictive and harmful effects. My brain races on it, and I know that Armodafinil is more likely to slow it down. It is only prescribed for narcolepsy, and every ADHD approved medicine is also prescribed for narcolepsy. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654790/ this study has a great excerpt as to my reasonings for pushing this claim

"Notable in these preclinical studies is the lack of significant activity in the nucleus accumbens (Lin et al 1996; Ferraro et al 1997; Scammell et al 2000), the brain’s reward/reinforcement center (which mediates most of the addictive properties of drugs such as cocaine, opioids, and stimulants). Several studies have confirmed the low abuse potential of modafinil (Deroche-Gamonet et al 2002; Myrick et al 2004), with less cocaine-like discriminative-stimulus effects and self-reported stimulant effects than methylphenidate or amphetamines (Gold 1996; Jasinski 2000; Jasinski and Lovacevic-Ristanovic 2000; Rush et al 2002a, b)."

I am super frustrated as they took a long time to deny this, which leaves me no choice but to get back on methylphenidate as soon as possible. (I cannot afford $600 for 30 pills, which is why I need insurance). Concerta gives me extreme levels of anxiety that I feel is leading to all kinds of other health problems. I do not know what to do :(. I am looking to see what I can add to my appeal. If you guys know of any useful sources or ways to articulate this in a petition It would really change my life dramatically to make this switch. Thanks!!

My doctor made the request for Armodafinil which got denied to clarify!

technically we aint allowed to give sourcing advice 

google how to procure it through other means. it's quite easy

Edited by d0ornokey

@Beard Buy some online from India brother, easy shit fam. I found this good website but Jesus Christ was their payment method convoluted, paying in amazon gift cards for them. But they did deliver on the product. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

This thread has been reinstated.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As someone diagnosed with ADHD you don't need any of this. You're stuck in a dependency mindstate which doesn't allow you to actually consider other alternatives, such as your diet, daily habits or what have you. 

It's no surprise as we live in a magic pill culture. Try considering saving the money and looking into the rest of your life and noticing patterns that exacerbate the racing mind.