Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rinne

Inner engineering w/ shambhavi kriya retreat

28 posts in this topic

Has anyone here attended one of these? Would you recommend it?

@Leo Gura Did you ever attend one of these? Do you think kriya yoga from the books you mentioned in the past is far more powerful than this one kriya? 

Im really considering whether i should go to one. Its quite expensive. 

I'm in the same position that you're in. I have the opportunity to go to this retreat in the next couple of weeks and while its intriguing, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to jump from Sadhguru's kriya to the kriya recommended in the book list. I've been practicing kriya from the book list books for the last two weeks and I already feel a change happening in my general level of calmness and clarity, but a lot of people say Inner Engineering is a fantastic course, though, so I'm considering it.

I just completed Inner Engineering along with Shambhavi Mahamudra a bit more than a month ago. I was practicing Kirya Yoga before that. 

I have to say I saw immediate changes as I continued my practice for the past month. Shambhavi itself could be a practice towards liberation and so is any form of Yoga. The question is which one is more direct and therefore faster/slower. If you are looking to potentially be liberated quick(even though there are many factors to it), I would just do Kriya Yoga by Lahiri Mahasaya. 

But... If you are looking to take a much more smoother path to liberation along with a great level of health, mental clarity and have a constant sense of joy and peace, I would try Shambhavi Mahamudra. It is really good at eliminating any mental or physical ailments and cutting down your sleep quota as well, so it is worth it in that sense too.  

Apart from all those benefits, the Inner Engineering event which is completely done by volunteers is a very special way to interact with a lot of stage green people as they are the majority of people who attend these events. The event was a very unique and amazing experience by itself, from personal experience and I would highly recommend it. You don't get to see such things in everyday life, so I would say it's definitely worth it.

With that said, to my knowledge Shambhavi Mahamudra falls under the Kriya Yoga category as well, it's just not the same teachings taught by Lahiri Mahasaya but is still effective

Edited by Chi_

@Chi_ Thank you for this reply, that clarifies a lot of questions I've been having. I guess it's now just a matter of deciding which path would be best. I know I'd benefit from a practice that brings consistent feelings of well being since I've been depressive and bitter for much of my life so I like elevating my baseline up from pessimism, low self-esteem and other delusions. Shamanic breathing is also having a positive, purging effect on me in that department, too, but I like the non-reactivity and stillness that I'm already noticing from kriya.

Would you recommend combining Sadhguru's Shambhavi Mahamudra into a kriya routine based on Lahiri's teachings (like those found in the Kriya Secrets book) or would that just be too much cross pollination?

20 minutes ago, LittleMaslow said:

Would you recommend combining Sadhguru's Shambhavi Mahamudra into a kriya routine based on Lahiri's teachings (like those found in the Kriya Secrets book) or would that just be too much cross pollination?

Glad to clarify any doubts :)

Shambhavi would be a really good path to take if depression is part of your life. According to their statistics, Shambhavi has helped decrease anxiety and depression by 93% of the participants after regular practice. They know information that becauce you can fill in a survey comparing your daily life before and after the course. 

You can indeed practice Kriya Yoga by Lahiri and also practice Shambhavi simultaneously. But.. They recommend that you only practice Shambhavi for the first 40-48 days so that any cross pollination wouldn't occur as you said. But after that, you can continue with your Kriya practice. 40-48 days is a certain cycle that everyone's system goes under. Wish you all the best! Feel free to ask any other questions. 

@Chi_  does the Shambhavi course require visualizations? Coz I have aphantasia so I literally cannot visualize lol. just wondering. thanks!

44 minutes ago, passerby said:

@Chi_  does the Shambhavi course require visualizations? Coz I have aphantasia so I literally cannot visualize lol. just wondering. thanks!

Nope, it doesn't :)

I have not heard of that condition before, just learned about it. Seems quite rare 

@LittleMaslow Nice!

On 5/29/2019 at 4:53 AM, Chi_ said:

I just completed Inner Engineering along with Shambhavi Mahamudra a bit more than a month ago. I was practicing Kirya Yoga before that. 

I have to say I saw immediate changes as I continued my practice for the past month. Shambhavi itself could be a practice towards liberation and so is any form of Yoga. The question is which one is more direct and therefore faster/slower. If you are looking to potentially be liberated quick(even though there are many factors to it), I would just do Kriya Yoga by Lahiri Mahasaya. 

But... If you are looking to take a much more smoother path to liberation along with a great level of health, mental clarity and have a constant sense of joy and peace, I would try Shambhavi Mahamudra. It is really good at eliminating any mental or physical ailments and cutting down your sleep quota as well, so it is worth it in that sense too.  

Apart from all those benefits, the Inner Engineering event which is completely done by volunteers is a very special way to interact with a lot of stage green people as they are the majority of people who attend these events. The event was a very unique and amazing experience by itself, from personal experience and I would highly recommend it. You don't get to see such things in everyday life, so I would say it's definitely worth it.

With that said, to my knowledge Shambhavi Mahamudra falls under the Kriya Yoga category as well, it's just not the same teachings taught by Lahiri Mahasaya but is still effective

Awesome! Thanks for your input. It would be awesome to experience that everyday bliss sadhguru talks about if one does this practice for a while. 

22 hours ago, Chi_ said:

Glad to clarify any doubts :)

Shambhavi would be a really good path to take if depression is part of your life. According to their statistics, Shambhavi has helped decrease anxiety and depression by 93% of the participants after regular practice. They know information that becauce you can fill in a survey comparing your daily life before and after the course. 

You can indeed practice Kriya Yoga by Lahiri and also practice Shambhavi simultaneously. But.. They recommend that you only practice Shambhavi for the first 40-48 days so that any cross pollination wouldn't occur as you said. But after that, you can continue with your Kriya practice. 40-48 days is a certain cycle that everyone's system goes under. Wish you all the best! Feel free to ask any other questions. 

Thanks for this i had the same concern.

@Chi_ Oh and one more question is the practice rather noisy or can it be done in silence?

On 30/05/2019 at 2:01 AM, Chi_ said:

What about practising Shambhavi along with an intense meditation practice? would an hour of meditation then Shambhavi be a sweet spot or can there be dangers of mixing

16 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

What about practising Shambhavi along with an intense meditation practice? would an hour of meditation then Shambhavi be a sweet spot or can there be dangers of mixing

That is completely fine. Just for the first 40-48 days you should just let you system adjust to Shambhavi and then you can add any other practices to your daily routine :) 

Edited by Chi_

11 hours ago, Rinne said:

@Chi_ Oh and one more question is the practice rather noisy or can it be done in silence?

Shambhavi is a combination of a few kriyas. One of these kriyas includes an AUM chanting, which only lasts a couple of minutes. It doesn't necessarily have to be loud. The whole practice takes 21 minutes. Are you planning on attending the retreat? :)

1 hour ago, Chi_ said:

Shambhavi is a combination of a few kriyas. One of these kriyas includes an AUM chanting, which only lasts a couple of minutes. It doesn't necessarily have to be loud. The whole practice takes 21 minutes. Are you planning on attending the retreat? :)

Yeah its a like 70 - 80 % chance in me on really planning to go. The other 20 - 30 % in me is thinking is it worth it and could there maybe be some more powerful retreat than this that i could save my money towards.

56 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

@Rinne Hope you find the right one :) 

?

@Chi_  Thank you for your input. I'm signed up for the total engineering course next week (June 6-9) near Boston. I'm looking forward to the experience. If anyone else on here is going and would like to meet up while there, send me a message.

22 hours ago, DJ said:

@Chi_  Thank you for your input. I'm signed up for the total engineering course next week (June 6-9) near Boston. I'm looking forward to the experience. If anyone else on here is going and would like to meet up while there, send me a message.

In Boston? Does this one include the shambhavi kriya? 

22 hours ago, DJ said:

Happy to hear that! Let us know how it was once you are back, maybe a review for the others ;) 

10 hours ago, Rinne said:

In Boston? Does this one include the shambhavi kriya? 

Yes, its Thursday and Friday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday.

let us know how it goes. So will sadhguru actually be there or is that another program? sorry i'm not upto date on his different programs