ColdFacts

A few questions about psychedelics

70 posts in this topic

@ColdFacts could you do us all a favour and re-read your posts before you submit? It's a bit difficult to read your writing. Clean it up a little bit please and thank-you!

Yes you make a very important point, maybe an insight on psychedelics is a delusion. It's a valid question to ponder and ask yourself after a trip. That's why it's really important to take plenty of time for reflection and integration after a trip, and ask yourself whether that thing you experienced, saw, thought is a valid insight, or just noise.

You seem skeptical of the mystical stuff that people experience on psychedelics, and fair enough, a lot of that is pretty far out. I'd like to offer you a very down-to-earth example of psychedelic insight, in hopes showing you that they can indeed bring extremely useful insight.

I had to sell my house, and we interviewed 3 realtors to do the job, A, B, and C. Realtors A and B both said we could get the same price for the home, but C thought we could get $120 000 more than A and B. She seemed like a bit of a crazy flake, and I thought we would have problems listing it so high, and that the sensible thing to do would be to go with the consensus and get realtor A or B to work for us. When I (luckily) took a mushroom trip a few days later it became very obvious that the personality and vibe of realtor C would actually be able to pull this off, and that we should go with her. We did, and came out 120 grand richer for it.

If I had taken sleeping pills instead, I wouldn't have had that insight.

But that kind of thing is the tip of the iceberg.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

4 minutes ago, outlandish said:

@ColdFacts could you do us all a favour and re-read your posts before you submit? It's a bit difficult to read your writing. Clean it up a little bit please and thank-you!

Yes you make a very important point, maybe an insight on psychedelics is a delusion. It's a valid question to ponder and ask yourself after a trip. That's why it's really important to take plenty of time for reflection and integration after a trip, and ask yourself whether that thing you experienced, saw, thought is a valid insight, or just noise.

You seem skeptical of the mystical stuff that people experience on psychedelics, and fair enough, a lot of that is pretty far out. I'd like to offer you a very down-to-earth example of psychedelic insight, in hopes showing you that they can indeed bring extremely useful insight.

I had to sell my house, and we interviewed 3 realtors to do the job, A, B, and C. Realtors A and B both said we could get the same price for the home, but C thought we could get $120 000 more than A and B. She seemed like a bit of a crazy flake, and I thought we would have problems listing it so high, and that the sensible thing to do would be to go with the consensus and get realtor A or B to work for us. When I (luckily) took a mushroom trip a few days later it became very obvious that the personality and vibe of realtor C would actually be able to pull this off, and that we should go with her. We did, and came out 120 grand richer for it.

If I had taken sleeping pills instead, I wouldn't have had that insight.

But that kind of thing is the tip of the iceberg.

You just proved my point exactly, it brings home conclusions not based on reality, at least the one before taking it. It could be thing like your case, it could also be bad, but what is certain is that you always won't be able to judge it, why because in that state up and down are the same. If you could not judge the situation right in the moment where you got it, why do you think you can afterwards without the thing? Because now it is out of your system? Even if you have crystal clear judgment now that won't help you judge that situation when you had none. It's like being blindfolded in a room with painted walls, now you get out of the room and now your job is to guess which color each wall had. See you get nothing but trouble out of it.

4 hours ago, ColdFacts said:

The authority of the information in your head was altered, meditation gives it the right authority unlike the substances.

Then go meditate 1 month alone. No one stop your way. Shortcut are not Always the 'right path'

1 minute ago, Aeris said:

Then go meditate 1 month alone. No one stop your way. Shortcut are not Always the 'right path'

We were talking about psychedelics and how they give you misleading certainty, not about me.

They show you everything is a misleading certainty

Aldous Huxley - the door of perception

A good writter describing his experience with mescaline.

Hey whatever you're right but the thing is. What you're sayin it does. What you believe it does. This is a thought and pure imagination

4 minutes ago, Aeris said:

They show you everything is a misleading certainty

Aldous Huxley - the door of perception

A good writter describing his experience with mescaline.

Hey whatever you're right but the thing is. What you're sayin it does. What you believe it does. This is a thought and pure imagination

People here seem to have build a entire life philosophy on this false certainty, which comes from a substance. I think we can agree it's a different level of certainty from what you said. 

Edited by ColdFacts
certainty lul

Haha you're funny. If we live in the false. Why are you doubting when we are certain ?

2 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Haha you're funny. If we live in the false. Why are you doubting when we are certain ?

I made a typo and edited it again, when taking the substance it removes that judgment which can make any sense, and you very well will end up misinterpreting what enlightened people have said about non duality. It's because they can't see any way to make that happen on their mortal life so they want to cheat out of the system take these things and call it even. You can reread my previous posts here about any question.

31 minutes ago, ColdFacts said:

I made a typo and edited it again, when taking the substance it removes that judgment which can make any sense, and you very well will end up misinterpreting what enlightened people have said about non duality. It's because they can't see any way to make that happen on their mortal life so they want to cheat out of the system take these things and call it even. You can reread my previous posts here about any question.

Who knows if you current so call'd judgment is truly making sense to someone else than yourself / or maybe what you call a 'critical judgement' is a misshaped cloud that you totaly believe is 'reasoning'. Of course if the cloud is all your hold on today.

When we say It's experiencing death it is far from poetry.

The so call'd logic is just an emotion in the global collective consciousness.

When you die you Reborn. You still understand many delusion of the mass and mostly your own and because of this experience with yourself your get grounding in new ways of seeing and so acting. But now you know what you've seen

3 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Who knows if you current so call'd judgment is truly making sense to someone else than yourself / or maybe what you call a 'critical judgement' is a misshaped cloud that you totaly believe is 'reasoning'. Of course if the cloud is all your hold on today.

When we say It's experiencing death it is far from poetry.

The so call'd logic is just an emotion in the global collective consciousness.

When you die you Reborn. You still understand many delusion of the mass and mostly your own and because of this experience with yourself your get grounding in new ways of seeing and so acting. But now you know what you've seen

You're going out of topic but at this point i don't really care, i think i did my share. In the end i did it for myself i like helping people, it just so happens that i have to care for them in order to feel good about myself, that simple. Now that i told you what i had to tell you do whatever you want, my mind won't judge me that much when i see this forum or leo when he shoots a video. Peacceecece fellas.