arlin

Problem with procastination

8 posts in this topic

I have a problem about procatination. I have watched leo's video, but i guess i dont know how to apply the suggestions in my life.

I keep procastinating and loosing time.

To me, i have all the day free to work on myself. yet i keep saying "later" And wasting time...

How did you guys solve your procastination problem?

I solved it by, instead of making a concrete schedule, making a web of things I would love to see myself doing everyday. Then I started bringing awareness to the moment I chose to procastinate and realize "Hey I could do one of the things in my web instead". Procrastionation at one point for me got to moments of me proatinating by thinking about if I was procasinating, the moment I realized I was doing that I started laughing to death. That was me fully accepting my own procasination, since then I have felt it is not so much of an issue for me anymore.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Change your beliefs.

In order to do that, you need to change your lifestyle. Try to change everything in your daily routine.

• If you spend most of your time at home, start going out. And vice-versa.
  • Change your room, even your apartment/house if possible.
  • Add more constructive self-help content. Procrastination problems are common among actualized.org folks because Leo's teachings tend to focus on deconstructing the ego.
  • If you are a thinker, become a doer. And vice-versa.

In short, change as much as you can about your life. And see how you will feel refreshed, change, learn, and grow.

Best wishes ❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

I break things down to either 10 or 20 or 30mins or even 5 mins if needed. What I mean is that I set an alarm on my phone and all I do for the allotted 10-30 mins is start the thing I am procrastinating on. Better still I try and do this 'task' or 'thing' mindfully. When it works it can mean not only have I started the task but I might even have managed to do mindfulness meditation at the same time. When the alarm goes off I am entitled to either stop the activity dead or carry on if I feel like it. Sometimes when I'm really bad on the procrastination I will set the alarm for just 5 mins.

I keep a written record of how many minutes each day I have done something I would  normally not do due to procrastination. It motivates me. I keep score. Even if I manage only 5 mins it could be considered a success some days. 5mins can lead to 30mins sometimes and 30mins can lead to half a day! 

Ask yourself: What do I really want?

No nonsens, no bullshit, no excuses. Put aside your beliefs about any question of possibility and create a vision

A vision of the results you want to create is the source of all motivation.

It needs to be cristal fucking clear so spend a lot of time visioning

When the vision is strong enough in your mind, all your actions will naturally align themselves to it.

It all starts with : What do I really want?

Sailing on the ceiling 

10 hours ago, Rigel said:

Ask yourself: What do I really want?

No nonsens, no bullshit, no excuses. Put aside your beliefs about any question of possibility and create a vision

A vision of the results you want to create is the source of all motivation.

It needs to be cristal fucking clear so spend a lot of time visioning

When the vision is strong enough in your mind, all your actions will naturally align themselves to it.

It all starts with : What do I really want?

Yes, this i think its crucial for solving the problem,thank you.