Ayla

Who Is Your Favorite (awakened) Artist?

29 posts in this topic

Nobody is in a position to judge who's awakened and who's not, we can never know and it's not anyone's business , there is no true artist in the world will tell you hey.. I am awakened! but I like to mention few modern artists I personally think they are inspiring, with a slight spiritual sense in their works whether they have it, or have it partially, or not at all:

Film Makers:
Ron Fricke (Baraka, Samsara)
Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke , Howl's Moving Castle_
Christopher Nolan (Inception, Interstellar, The prestige)
David Lynch (Mullholad Drive - Twin Peaks - Blue Velvet)
James Cameron (Avatar - Titanic - Terminator - Alien)
J.J Abrams (LOST, Fringe, Star Wars Force awakens, New StarTrek)
Andrei Tarkovsky (Stalker, Nostalgia, Solaris)
Gaspar Noé (Enter The Void)
Ki-duk Kim (Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring, 3 Iron..)

Games:
Tod Howard (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion)
Casey Hudson (Mass Effect)

Composers:
John Williams
Ennio Morricone
Karl Jenkens
Jeremy Soule
Hans Zimmer
James Horner
Thomas Bergersen
Nobou Umetsu
Vangelis
Ari Pulkkinen

Fantasy Writers (I'm not a good reader):
J.R.R Talking (Lord of The Rings)
George R.R Martin (Game of Thrones)

Khalil Gibran

Read it in Bulgarian and I cant find my favourite quotes but that is good http://leb.net/gibran/

My house says to me, "Do not leave me, for here dwells your past." 
And the road says to me, "Come and follow me, for I am your future." 
And I say to both my house and the road, "I have no past, nor have I a future. If I stay here, there is a going in my staying; and if I go there is a staying in my going. Only love and death will change all things." 

Edited by Elena
to add a quote

I discovered recently Prince EA, he made some brilliant songs and give concrete advices and points of view on his youtube channel

Pablo Neruda.... one of my favourite poets.  

“Someday, somewhere - anywhere, unfailingly, you'll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life.” 
― Pablo Neruda

Edited by Free Spirit
added poem

Another awakened artist is Sinead O' Connor. She even has a guided meditation on youtube.

Note: It's not the singer Sinead O' Connor Lol.

Sorry, my bad. I have to check better before posting.

:-P

Edited by abrakamowse
mistake

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 2/8/2016 at 6:47 PM, Ayla said:

Do you admire any artist? 

Mine is Marina Abramović... :)

Wow, I'm an artist, too many to pick just one in multiple mediums.   I tend to actually express myself in combinations of film clips and music, so its a minute by minute thing.

I adore absurdists, so 10553474_846184985441499_712663546789144

I guess the prevailing musical theme would evolve from...

http://www.shinedown.com/video/her-name-alice

This band was one of the biggest influences on my own music. I didn't understand it fully but it just clicked with me as a kid - I had no idea how significant the lyrics would be until discovering actualized.org. I felt a great affinity with the "singer" & strangely enough recently discovered we share the same birthday!

After finding real peace through meditation - I lost my attachment to heavy music & genuinely wondered if I should continue with it at all. It was like my rock as a youth. I dedicated my life to it! I still have an album ready to roll so I spent a while re-establishing an acceptance of excitement. I began to genuinely question if it was healthy & wholesome to propagate extreme music - something I would never have dreamed of questioning & at some point it looked pretty bleak but I eventually came full circle. Life itself is a kind of art. Art is wonderful. Music is pure vibration & well - what better way of turning base metal into gold, inviting people to face their fears or shine light on a little darkness with a tongue-in-cheek & often provocative art form? Or in other cases, to share great messages with those who might need it. :) It seemed senseless to abandon a skill I've become proficient in - in the name of attachment to formlessness. (Although I've been developing a greater appreciation of jazz - classical & particularly shakuhachi flute music as of late!). Silence I'm a fan of too - although silence is not really a thing.

@Binary Encoded Sunset  that's great, I like also some heavy and dark music. I listen it from time to time but not as frequently as before. I think is like opening your eyes to other music you didn't listen before and appreciate it as well. Good for you. 

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16