lambda

Self Agenda Vs Reality

38 posts in this topic

I just finished the video Leo posted today and came to the conclusion that I am completely self-agenda driven. I desire to improve the accuracy of my perception, but one could also consider that a part of my self-agenda. I spent a large part of my life as a victim, so becoming empowered to enact my agenda has felt like positive progress, but driven me mad with ambition, never bringing true satisfaction.

I'm confused by this concept of dissolving the self-agenda. By enacting our agenda, we inherently take an egoic perspective toward our perceptions (how does this serve me, how can I rearrange external circumstances to get what I want). 

How can one take any actions at all in life without doing so from a place of having an agenda? Isn't everything we collectively do, from eating to working to Leo publishing videos and creating Actualized.org coming from our internal agendas? Wouldn't the ultimate dissolution of the agenda be to simply to nothing (but then how could we preserve our survival?) 

This is all very confusing to me.

Edited by lambda

Have you already watched "paradoxes of personal development"? 

Saturday night before I watched the Video I took my wife out to a place she wanted to go. It was two hours away and out of my comfort zone.

There were a few hundred people there, I could not stop thinking as all the people as deer in human cloths. (I was a hunter for a long time) Shoving food in their over weight body and playing silly games for amusement and so on. Side note Back in November I got a call from my friend he had shot his first Buck and did not know what to do. I drove out to his place and with in two hours I took this beautiful highly complicated 200 plus pound mammal and  turned it into a roughly 50# pile of meat and a pile of bones and left overs to be thrown in a field and devoured by coyotes within 24 hours.

I have passing mind sets or perspectives. When one hits i wish i did not have to let it go.

At times It seems to me that we are just mammals overrating ourselves. I think our ego is their to give us a reason to believe to live therefore a reason to eat, sleep, procreate, and so on from titillation to a life purpose. 

For this reason I have been doing the opposite. Getting in a routing to be a minimalist and a schedule to do so less time think and more free time being just being with no point or self or anything else as a reference. 

But then again this is coming from a talking DEER

Sorry for typos. I thought this was an amazing video. I watch multiple ones multiple times a week trying to find ones and save them with these shifting perspectives. Thanks LEO

We don't have free will, there is nothing like a self agenda, there is no time and there is no you... the only thing there is awareness.

Does becoming aware serves the self agenda? The question doesn't need to be asked as there is no answer, you need to step out of the question-answering process. Burn my signature on you wall! 

I hope it helps, 

Take care!@lambda

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

4 hours ago, lambda said:

I just finished the video Leo posted today and came to the conclusion that I am completely self-agenda driven. I desire to improve the accuracy of my perception, but one could also consider that a part of my self-agenda. I spent a large part of my life as a victim, so becoming empowered to enact my agenda has felt like positive progress, but driven me mad with ambition, never bringing true satisfaction.

I'm confused by this concept of dissolving the self-agenda. By enacting our agenda, we inherently take an egoic perspective toward our perceptions (how does this serve me, how can I rearrange external circumstances to get what I want). 

How can one take any actions at all in life without doing so from a place of having an agenda? Isn't everything we collectively do, from eating to working to Leo publishing videos and creating Actualized.org coming from our internal agendas? Wouldn't the ultimate dissolution of the agenda be to simply to nothing (but then how could we preserve our survival?) 

Yeah, you could as well ask @Leo Gura, why he set up his Life Purpose Course...

"Self-Agenda" is different than finding ones purpose and being of service. Adding value to the world, expressing yourself, purifying the "I am the Alpha and Omega of Life" attitude and seeing that there is life beyond your own "think" is a very rewarding activity, it will make you grow, as you expand your view points from self-absorbtion to others and the enviroment. That's what actually expands your "being".

You can also read the excerpts of Maslows books @Mat Pav shared here the other day:
http://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/3473-what-is-self-actualisation/

Kind regards, 
Chris

Edited by Isle of View

15 minutes ago, Nic said:

We don't have free will, there is nothing like a self agenda, there is no time and there is no you... the only thing there is awareness.

Why is there no free-will?

Why is there no self-agenda?

If there was no free-will and no self-agenda humanity would live in absolut harmony with nature and the universe.

But now we realize that a greedy self-agenda driven life brings about misery, war, hatred... 

Yes, there is free-will and we have yet to learn to exercise it wisely, without self-absorption.

Cheers, 
Chris

31 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Why is there no free-will?

Why is there no self-agenda?

If there was no free-will and no self-agenda humanity would live in absolut harmony with nature and the universe.

But now we realize that a greedy self-agenda driven life brings about misery, war, hatred... 

Yes, there is free-will and we have yet to learn to exercise it wisely, without self-absorption.

Hi Chris,

And why is there no you?

To me, WHY questions can't be answered, but we surely try to find rational answers... we take the answer for rational or not. Answers to why questions will bring rise to more questions. Look at my signature. The question can be asked, but as there is no answer, the question will wether make you spin to infinity or you will take an answer that you like for reality, that will create a bigger ego. 

The universe is a perfect chaos/harmony, humanity, the world is in perfect chaos/harmony, humans just don't know it because of the fragmentation he does with the world, thinking he is a being evolving and interacting in it and sees himself as not a part of it, like a tree leave who would believe it could control the river that it is floating on.

There is no bad or good no more than there is free will, one has been socially agreed on and changes through ages and space like a language and is actually very individual, the other one is an illusion that ego likes to take responsibility for. Didn't the video about free will from Leo convince you?

So yes we have dreams, but they are still dreams.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

You think Leo makes videos to convince me? Or others for that matter?

36 minutes ago, Nic said:

And why is there no you?

I didn't say that. :-)

I don't play the game of self-deprivation. I play the game of inclusivness. True, self becomes luminous and less and less absorbing, but at least as long as you walk this earth, you will use a sort of reference within your unique field of experience.

Kind regards, 
Chris

Edited by Isle of View

6 hours ago, lambda said:

it is confusing to you because you function as a human identity, ego, desires of the flesh, rather than the being of consciousness that is your true state of being.

2 hours ago, Nic said:

Does becoming aware serves the self agenda? The question doesn't need to be asked as there is no answer, you need to step out of the question-answering process. Burn my signature on you wall! 

I hope it helps, 

Take care!@lambda

as a human being identity you have no free will, no choice, all choices and will is controlled by programing, false belief systems, and the warped perception that most hold of life.

Having said that, the self realized being has a choice and can exercise will as a being of consciousness, however, a self realized being desires to stay in liberation so their choices keep them in the space of liberation as a being of consciousness and not the human identity. 

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

Yeah, you could as well ask @Leo Gura, why he set up his Life Purpose Course...

"Self-Agenda" is different than finding ones purpose and being of service. Adding value to the world, expressing yourself, purifying the "I am the Alpha and Omega of Life" attitude and seeing that there is life beyond your own "think" is a very rewarding activity, it will make you grow, as you expand your view points from self-absorbtion to others and the enviroment. That's what actually expands your "being".

You can also read the excerpts of Maslows books @Mat Pav shared here the other day:
http://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/3473-what-is-self-actualisation/

Kind regards, 
Chris

Leo's life purpose course is for those whose consciousness has begun to awaken and has some desire to regain its original state of being as consciousness.  To the rest it is only confusion in their minds as they apply their programed beliefs to everything.  As long as you are the human identity you are functioning from programing and belief, and a warped perception of life, the world and universe around you.

human beings are trying to understand the realities of life, the world, and the universe around them, that is impossible, reality only exist in one place, and it isnt in the human mind, programed responses and their false belief system. Most humans have no idea how they got here, how their body was created, how the universe was created, but they have answers based on belief, belief is nothing real, it is merely an assumption of knowledge nothing more.

There is no reality except what you and others agree upon.

Your own experience, no matter how much evolved or enlightened, will ever only be your own unique view on it. 

Edited by Isle of View

40 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I don't know. Do you? I stopped asking myself those kind of questions, but be my guest, you can try to find a response that could fit or not my/your dreams.

40 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I don't play the game of self-deprivation. I play the game of inclusivness. 

So be it! 

Take care

Edited by Nic

12 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

There is no reality except what you and others agree upon.

Your own experience, no matter how much evolved or enlightened, will ever only be your own unique view on it. 

true reality can't be agreed upon, it is, the question is, can it be seen, and by who is doing the seeing, is it the identity, which is totally trapped in its false belief system or is it a being of consciousness.  Even the experience of human identities means nothing because is based on a warped perception of everything.  reality can only be experienced outside of the identity, programing and false belief, and it only occurs in the moment of life, and to those who are experiencing that moment in a conscious, aware, present state of being functioning as a being of consciousness, not a human being.

13 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

true reality can't be agreed upon, it is, the question is, can it be seen, and by who is doing the seeing, is it the identity, which is totally trapped in its false belief system or is it a being of consciousness.  

What you call true reality does not exist. 

Just now, Isle of View said:

What you call true reality does not exist. 

and maybe you have never experienced it, did you ever consider that possibility.

21 minutes ago, Nic said:
59 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I don't know. Do you? I stopped asking myself those kind of questions, but be my guest, you can try to find a response that could fit or not my/your dreams.

I don't think any teacher lectures anything in order to convince people.

At best Leo wants you to open up to new ways of looking at things. Question your viewpoints and dare to have another look at existence.

23 minutes ago, Nic said:
1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

I don't play the game of self-deprivation. I play the game of inclusivness. 

So be it! 

Take care

Thanks. Good to know you include me ;-)

1 minute ago, charlie2dogs said:

and maybe you have never experienced it, did you ever consider that possibility.

if you had you wouldnt be telling me that it doesnt exist :)