Thomas_VH

Joe Rogan on happiness

5 posts in this topic

An interesting conversation between Joe Rogan and Dan Bilzerian on the topic of happiness. These two men very clearly approach happiness from spiral dynamics stage orange and from the materialst paradigm. Start watching from 2:31:40 and notice how both men sort of understand that chasing material possessions does not make one happy, yet they can't quite grasp why that is and what a fulfilling alternative might be. An especially enlightening comment on the ignorance of the materialist paradigm is made by Joe Rogan (2:37:03) where he says he once tried to convince a monk that his rejection of hedonism is wrong because he simply didn't have enough materialistic possessions. IF ONLY the monk would have as much money as Dan Bilzerian, for instance, he would realize that money can make you happy, or so Rogans' reasoning goes.

By the way, around 2:45:00, the men briefly touch on the topic of psychedelics. Bilzerian seems to only use them for recreational purposes, though. ;)

You can only expect so much from a celeb gossip show.

True happiness is a very radical and counterintuitive thing. Most people are not interested in it.

If either of those men understood what true happiness is, their careers would be over. So it's not in their interest to understand it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Thomas_VH Dan Bilzerian used to be my idol since he bangs hot chicks day and night and is a rich fuck, but after good boy raised his consciousness, he stopped following him.

Best part from the podcast

I still find Joe Rogan as a person quote refreshing, seeing how he’s able take and listen to so many perspectives and is pretty genuinely curious. I think it’s refreshing to have in modern culture and in popular media. He has his hiccups sure but his show isn’t about Truth or wisdom or anything not really his role nor what his show is about. Nor does it have to be nor should it be. I think Joe Rogan is a great person that I think people who are into pop culture could really learn something from. 

You also need to see that in the clip from 2:37 onward on his assessment of the monk, he’s actually looking at that from an altitude of Yellow. He’s looking at the monk as a perspective and regards it as such. Rogan loves perspectives. That his whole schtick. You need to notice how he’s making this analysis. 

I wouldn’t call Rogan Orange. As far as I’m concerned he’s a mature Green/Yellow. Rogan is interested in psychedelics, can sit with fucking Ben Shapiro and then talk with Graham Hancock to Sam Harris to a chef to an ultra endurance athlete to goddamn Alex Jones and hunts for the sake of not going with the disgusting way we treat animals through the way we farm and taking responsibility on that front. You need to digstinguish between the stage of development of certain perspectives and ideas he may see legitimacy and truth in and the man himself. 

Edited by kieranperez

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can only expect so much from a celeb gossip show.

True happiness is a very radical and counterintuitive thing. Most people are not interested in it.

If either of those men understood what true happiness is, their careers would be over. So it's not in their interest to understand it.

Careful.