Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Breatharianism Journal

540 posts in this topic

There are two forms of future: 1) projections based on limited information, and 2) the actual future. The ego only deals with the first kind of future, and therefore is always confused and uncertain.

If that is true, it's possible to drop all plans for the future! And still be able to do projections about the future, to find interesting possibilities without needing to hold onto, cling to or protect those projections.

That allows for a radical form of practice. Say for example that I need to travel to some meeting next week. Instead of making plans and so on, I don't plan anything! Totally crazy from a separate ego perspective haha, but might actually be possible to do and still all one's obligation will be fulfilled anyway, because of the workings of the totality.

Hmm... To not plan for the future, that can be problematic for the subconscious mind. It's like saying: "try to not think about a pink elephant".

A better practice is to focus on the actual future. That's tricky too, since the actual future is impossible to fully predict with certainty. But it trains the mind to shift focus from a projected future into the enlightened state. That's the idea anyway.

The actual future is 100% certain. Then what if the future leads to a horrible disaster? That's a scary scenario. However, it seems to me that reality has infinite intelligence and that there is a process of evolution leading to higher and higher levels of being. So then disasters are a result of the ego, individual, collective and even the whole world as a civilization ego. Therefore my theory is that by focusing on the actual future things will turn out good, because then the actions are done by the whole of reality instead of with "missing the mark" ego actions.

Consider the opposite: the ego believes itself to be separate and tries to manage the future leading to uncertainty which in turn leads to fear and more protection and so on. The ego tensions in body and mind become worse and worse.

So my practice at the moment is to focus on the actual future which removes the uncertainty and dissolves the ego tensions.

Then what about desires? Can I use my personal desires and focus on the actual future? The answer is: I can only use my personal desires as potentials, but I can't use my desires for planning, since that will bring back ego confusion. I found this quote:

"A man asked Gautama Buddha, “I want happiness.” Buddha said, “First remove “I,” that’s Ego, then remove “want,” that’s Desire. See now, you are left with only “Happiness”." - http://wisdomquotes.com/buddha-quotes/

That quote is probably about the same thing. Desires when used by the ego become uncertainty. The good thing is that it's still possible to use personal desires but instead of from ego to wants, to go from the actual future and expect that one's desires will determine the actual future. Exactly how our personal desires will become manifested we don't know, but the desires are indications of in what direction we will move into the future.

Another key issue is fear. When we are identified as a separate ego, fear is necessary as a protection mechanism.

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” - The Buddha - http://sourcesofinsight.com/buddha-quotes/

Fear is also useful when focusing on the actual future. How can that be? Since the actual future is 100% certain and already determined, what is the use of fear then? The answer is that fear is a signal telling us that we are still trapped in separate ego identification. So fear is a powerful tool/monitor in the practice of focusing on the actual future.

Then what about aging and death in the actual future? Isn't that worrisome? Oh yes! That's scary as hell in my opinion. So my theory is that when humanity has reached a critical mass of evolving out of the ego there will be no more death! And we will gradually learn to "do greater things" than Jesus did when he was on earth.

This means that if I remain identified with my separate ego there is a higher risk of aging and death, and when I transcend my ego there will be no aging or death. Pretty radical idea, I know, but I think of this moment in history as a point where we will soon, within some decades, experience a critical mass of enlightened people.

Leo said that spiritual enlightenment is so rarely known that of all people on earth perhaps only an estimated 10,000 understands the truth, in the beginning of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4

That may be true, but consider an exponential growth of the number of enlightened people. Such growth is supported by Ray Kurzweil's Law of Accelerating Returns and is also a result of the network effect.

Let's say that the number of enlightened people started increasing tenfold since 2015:

2015 - 10,000
2016 - 100,000
2017 - 1,000,000
2018 - 10,000,000
2019 - 100,000,000

In such scenario we will reach a critical mass of enlightened people within the next few years. Of course those numbers are guesswork, but the general principle of exponential (accelerating) growth is probably valid.

Notice that exponential growth can progress very slowly in the beginning so that for example 3,000 years ago there was only 1 enlightened person. And then a thousand years later only 2 enlightened people. And then as Leo said 10,000 people in 2015 and after that the number of enlightened people could have had an explosive growth like in this graph:

singularity.png

So that today there are millions of enlightened people running around in the world. And the reason for why we don't notice them much is that only a handful of those become spiritual teachers, and the vast majority appear as regular people when dealing with us unenlightened people.

I have started experiencing burning sensations in the tensions inside my body, something between pleasure and suffering. I think that's a great sign and that it means that my tensions are starting to dissolve at a faster rate. And I also came to realize what the tensions actually are. The tensions are my sense of being identified as a separate ego clinging to, holding onto, protecting and maintaining all my mental and material possessions.

To remind myself I came up with the following definition of enlightenment:

Definition: Enlightenment is the realization that the future is changeless.

Others may find that definition useful too, despite its apparent bleakness and nihilistic flavor.

If the separate ego is just an illusion, am I then just a passive observer observing the universe through my body? No. As I see it, the universe is an automatic process. And the individual self IS that automatic process, including the awareness/consciousness.

So the individual self is an active participant not a passive one. But yes, the separate ego is an illusion/delusion, because there is no actual separation or separate entity. We are all the whole automatic process in action.

A new insight came to me in the form of a question: How many truly separate objects are there in our universe? The answer is: zero!

As an illustration, the pixels on a computer screen are separate yet they are all a part of the screen. Similarly, two separate computer screens are both a part of the same reality. And so on. There are no truly isolated systems in the universe.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is only valid for the collective ego of the world. An enlightened world transcends the need for survival. And the collective ego of the world also explains why we as humanity have been so trapped within our own individual egos. Society programs us into separate ego consciousness and works hard at maintaining the sense of separation.

This is a natural development. Without a sense of separate ego there would have been no development in the unique way we have experienced. So the ego is ultimately something good! It's just that the ego needs to be transcended when it has served its purpose, both individually and collectively.

One common practice that often is mentioned is living in the moment and focusing on the now. I used to think of that kind of practice as boring. But now I realized that it's a useful practice for realization of enlightenment! The reason is that when I focus on past and future then that's my separate ego in action and it will perpetuate the confusion. One way out of the ego trap of confusion is to focus on the actual future. And that is the same as living in the now! Because if I try to guess, predict or control the actual future I'm back into my separate ego identification again.

Let's say that my ego has a personal financial of relationship problem. That's psychologically an incredibly heavy burden. But if the universe is intelligent then my problems are already solved in the future. So the heaviness and burden is "only" a result of biological evolution and social conditioning by our egoic world.

And it seems to me that personal burdens like that are a part of the tensions in my body and mind. Theoretically it's extremely simple! I will do some more body awareness practice. I truly believe the ego tensions can be dissolved in practice, since the separate ego is a false perspective, even when it's the collective of the whole society including biology.

Since our world is still a collective ego, even the major religious and spiritual traditions reflect that it seems to me. Take the Bible for example, which I believe contains profound truths, but also falsehoods like the passage (in Numbers something) where the Lord makes Moses stone a man to death just for having gathered sticks on the wrong day. That's just moronic. Or take the claim of some Eastern spiritual traditions that a sage is awake even in deep dreamless sleep. That's a load of crap I think, and just a cop out attempt to try to support the idea that consciousness is the changeless foundation of reality. My view is that consciousness is a state, not some foundation in itself. So for example one person can be in dreamless sleep (consciousness off) while other people at the same time can be in the waking state (consciousness on).

Even mainstream science is full of ridiculous claims such as time travel being possible and that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. Completely false beliefs in my opinion.

But falsehoods like that make sense when recognizing that our world is still in a developing and egoic state of separation.

Biological evolution is artificial! It's a cosmic trick basically, in order to produce creativity and uniqueness. Our current world is "fallen", meaning having deliberate limitations of our physical laws. So when we hear experts today talking about what is possible, they are like little children sitting in a sandbox and claiming what is possible based on what toys are available to them in the sandbox.

I was bashing the Bible earlier so I want to be fair and quote a great passage from the Bible:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:19-34 (NIV)

I believe that the source of the Bible is supreme intelligence, so then why are there nasty things in the Bible? Because as I see it the Bible has messages spanning across the whole spectrum of Spiral Dynamics and beyond. Societies at lower stages of development sometimes only understand very tough messages.

Is it really possible to lose one's whole ego? It depends on how ego is defined. The ego can be defined as the mental patterns related to "the me" which are separate from the mental patterns related to "not me".

As an example, let's say that I receive a bill that I need to pay. Me as an ego experiences the bill as a possession, or at least something for which the ego has responsibility. That's an incredible burden! That's my ego "serving money" as mentioned in the Bible quote I posted earlier.

The cosmic breath is the totality in movement. The ego acts as an artificial, clunky and heavy block for the cosmic breath. To "serve God" means in my view to enter the cosmic breath. And that means the removal of the entire ego in terms of the sense of separation, control and responsibility.