Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Identity

Confusion about non-duality

10 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura In some video's, including the last, you mention that it is possible that once you start to deeply realize God, that you can start to align yourself with "Its" will. This to me seems contradictory to "everything being perfect". Seems to me that there is a difference between what God wants, and what the ego or devil, or whatever, wants. Is that not falling into the trap of chasing goodness instead of realizing Goodness?

Also, I'm confused about this whole free will thing. This question has been on my mind for quite a while now. I concluded for myself that there is no free will. There is no self, therefore there is no free will, it's just a movie being played on a screen. However, you say that "you are a splinter of God's will". This really confuses the fuck out of me.. So there is a self that is separate or something? This statement really throws a hole in the whole mental model I've been constructing here lol.

Could you explain your views on this please?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

I will soon shoot a video on all that.

Yes, it's a bit tricky.

Will can be exercised without moral judgment. For example, if a child is playing with Legos, the child can choose what she wants to build. Anything she builds is perfect. There is no right or wrong or best or worst thing to build. But she still exercises will. Will is creation itself! Will is what's deciding what will be created.

Try not to look at it as good or bad. Creation is done for its own sake, not because something is lacking. The creator doesn't need anything, it's just creating for the sheer joy of creation. You can train to live your life in such a matter. Then you create but you're detached from your creation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Ahh, that makes sense, thank you! Looking forward to the videos. If I got a euro for every time you said "I'll shoot a video on that soon" I'd be rich by now! haha just playing :P 

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Ultimately free will and no free will point to the same thing from different perspectives. To deny one and not the other will end up short sighted. 

If you observe what Leo says literally you'll find contradictions left and right. Of course reality does function on paradox, the different ends of them are true depending on perspective. Also people emphasize certain truths. 

Leo and most teachers emphasize Unity. Yet duality is also true. To say unity is true is not to claim the opposite is false its just working on understanding at one end since humans have a decent grasp on the other. 

@Leo Gura It depends on what God is to you. In the end, you'll just be following your lower self. 

Thinking that you're god. 

@Angelite Well, you'd have to become deeply conscious of what God is first to avoid that.

Ego can certainly co-opt God for it own devilish purposes. That does not negate God in any way though. God is still there.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Angelite Well, you'd have to become deeply conscious of what God is first to avoid that.

Ego can certainly co-opt God for it own devilish purposes. That does not negate God in any way though. God is still there.

You said you have become conscious of God the Absolute, but why are you still partially enlightened?

@Angelite Because I'm not in an abiding state of nondual awareness.

I'm sorta semi-lucid but not 100% God-mode lucid. Which is what to me is the ultimate goal.

Insight is important and good, peaks are good, but most importantly is the question of your minute to minute lucidity.

I believe it's possible to be in full God-mode all the time.

When you do 5-MeO it clearly shows you how unwoke you still are. It's a whole order of magnitude more wokeness than ordinary life. It's clear to me that such total wokeness is possible. And I certianly don't have that yet.

I see how it can leads to deception upon deception upon deception

On 2019-05-17 at 1:24 AM, Identity said:

@Leo Gura In some video's, including the last, you mention that it is possible that once you start to deeply realize God, that you can start to align yourself with "Its" will. This to me seems contradictory to "everything being perfect". Seems to me that there is a difference between what God wants, and what the ego or devil, or whatever, wants. Is that not falling into the trap of chasing goodness instead of realizing Goodness?

Also, I'm confused about this whole free will thing. This question has been on my mind for quite a while now. I concluded for myself that there is no free will. There is no self, therefore there is no free will, it's just a movie being played on a screen. However, you say that "you are a splinter of God's will". This really confuses the fuck out of me.. So there is a self that is separate or something? This statement really throws a hole in the whole mental model I've been constructing here lol.

Could you explain your views on this please?

When you realize god the personal will starts to fall away then you get more in tune with god's will.