Naviy

Practicing B-cognition

16 posts in this topic

From this video:

So, is practicing B-Cognition = basically being very mindful all the time?

After watching the video, I tried to look at everything with the "B-Cognition method" (when I remembered to). It feels very much like practicing mindfulness. However, also, you not only notice your D-Cognition reactions to everything, but make a conscious effort to stop them and look at a thing as it is (feels like some kind of blank looking).

You can look at your D-Cognition reactions with the B-Cognition method too... So I come to a conclusion, that this B-Cognition looking is just intense mindful looking?     

1 hour ago, Naviy said:

You can look at your D-Cognition reactions with the B-Cognition method too... So I come to a conclusion, that this B-Cognition looking is just intense mindful looking?     

Nope, intense mindful looking is still putting this "clear and undistorted view" on top of what you really perceive. Ask yourself why you can't hold that undistorted view more than a few seconds.

If you really want to develop being-perception find that which is not changing in every situation. Go through life and compare all kinds of situations, all perceptions, feelings and thoughts and look for the constant notion that is always there. Then merge with that. Took me a good year to be able to find and do that.

But you will get to the point where the color of your vision, the sound of everything and every sense in general amplifies like it's ridiculous. It's like you're creating a world every moment that is way to astonishing. If you really get this down, you break together and cry out of joy, it is that powerful. No kidding.

So, if you really want do develop this, "Do Nothing". The rest comes by itself. You'll also come to the place where you meditate in every situation. Being becomes your new reality. It is like the background that was always there now comes into the picture.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Arik so interesting. Have you ever been in the state of do-nothing whislt conversing with someone? Also how long do you meditate for a day? 

4 minutes ago, Huz88 said:

Have you ever been in the state of do-nothing whislt conversing with someone? Also how long do you meditate for a day? 

Yep, you can do that. It's amazing. You will just see your intuition do all the talking. It feels like being heavily in flow. I meditate 1 hour per day. If I have time I do another hour in the evening or sometimes I do little retreats with 3-4 hours a day.

Do you live in Germany? Have you got any recommendations for retreats, preferably in the U.K.?

thats the issue with me at the moment, I get so fixed up into thinking what I should say, and thinking did I say what I said right. It stops me from talking to new people I meet now, but I can see signs of improvement 

Edited by Huz88

12 hours ago, Huz88 said:

I get so fixed up into thinking what I should say, and thinking did I say what I said right. It stops me from talking to new people I meet now, but I can see signs of improvement 

Yip, I live in Berlin. The city of dreams. :P Just kidding. No, I never went to a real retreat. I am looking forward to do that in the future a lot more. But I just do it with myself. And I can visit Zen dojos if I want to every day.

I had such a messy mind myself for a long period of time, still have it sometimes. But basically it's a lot more relaxed now. Find out first that you have no power at all to change what you think. Investigate that until you have thoughts coming up w/o the sensation of talking to yourself sub-vocally.

When that happened the first time to me, it was breath-taking. It was in a meditation after I watched Leo's "Free Will" video. Will never forget this day. From then on it kinda cooled itself down a lot because I just now that if I try to change it in any way, it's just a thought plus another thought carrying the sensation of I.

Yeah I have been to berlin, absolutely love it! very wide roads though haha, and they love the pepper spray! Got pepper sprayed by a taxi driver once. 

52 minutes ago, Arik said:

Investigate that until you have thoughts coming up w/o the sensation of talking to yourself sub-vocally.

How is the even possible? are you talking about images instead of the inner voice. I am confused 

1 hour ago, Huz88 said:

How is the even possible? are you talking about images instead of the inner voice. I am confused 

Haha, no I mean your inner voice. You are completely identified with this voice right now, meaning that you really deep down think that there is this entity that thinks this thoughts, right? Like, I mean even if we are all mindful and all of that stuff, don't you really feel yourself when you talk to yourself?

Yeah guess what, that's an illusion. If you talk to yourself sub-vocally - if you think - and have the sensation of doing that, you are basically tricking yourself into believing that there is this entity from which these thoughts really come from.

And what I'm telling you here is basically that these are two thoughts at the same time, tangled with each other. The first thought is what you are thinking and the second is that you are talking to yourself. You can get to the point where your awareness is so sharpened that you untangle this and see it right away.

And now, can you believe how stunning this is? :P

And then, if you go deeper and deeper you will begin to notice how everything intuitively manifests in this awareness, this underlying knowing that is always there. Your sight, sounds, your thoughts, your limited view of yourself, this very moment that you experience. And if you begin to see that, you will never go back, but deepen that for the rest of your life.

Cheers and good night from Berlin, :ph34r:;)

I can see the beauty in it defiantly. How have "you" come to that stage, by just being?

But then if there is no "You" thinking these thoughts, what are they? where are they coming from? Its just a happening right.

Why does this illusion even exist anyway?

39 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

Come to Munich, we have (better) beer ;)

haha would love to! I love the wheat beers in germany! 

Also, people like Shinzen Young and Leo say strong determination sitting and do nothing is one of the best way to merge with reality in the moment and see through your ego. I have discovered the ego likes to fight back in the sits. Especially in SDS towards the end when your rotten mind cannot bare anymore pain and you get emotional responses etc but you apply mindfulness and sit through - its brutal!

@Naviy  This is a brilliant talk by physicists David Bohm 

( as Leo speaks of in his video ).

I started doing this on family members a few months ago after a few enlightenment experiences. Not reacting at all or reacting with a smile of precense when your family members yell at you and are super stressed projecting stuff onto you was quite interesting. I had to stop and thaught it was bad but now I understand it better.

Another thing I find interesting is that beeing in nature probably wil get you into beeing-cognition, because you never even think about applying value to a fucking tree or something, lol. :)

Hallå

22 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

did you really get this far simply with "Do Nothing"? Leo among others talk about brutal, hard enlightenment work to really shed the ego etc. In this very video, for example, Leo mentions how brutal enlightenment work can be and how some months are really hard. Do Nothing on the other hand...is just so easy..

"Do Nothing" + strong determination sits seem to look so easy to you on the surface but you don't see what they bring up. These simple practices put you through a lot of cycles of "now you see it" / "now you don't". And in the latter one you sometimes think you get mentally ill from this work. So yes, it's brutal at times up to the point where you built up enough awareness so that you notice there is something that is ever-present.

And then you investigate that and it seems that it is the only no-thing that can be you and that it was "always in front of you". And when that point is reached, you get it why some people say: "There is nothing you can do to see it. Because the very thing you really have to do to see it, is stop wanting to see something and then notice what remains." 

But to come to this realization a lot of de-hypnotization needs to be done for a lot of people (me included). When this happened, life and this journey becomes a lot easier. Within this journey so far I had 7/8 months of complete terror and I'd say 4-5 months of silence and bliss so far. I needed the terror and it was brought up by "Do Nothing" and strong determinations sits to build the awareness.

@Arik I love your talks on do nothing. 

If you don't mind me asking how was the terror shown to you, or brought about by these sits?

2 hours ago, Huz88 said:

If you don't mind me asking how was the terror shown to you, or brought about by these sits?

Thanks! I enjoy writing about this a lot. :P Basically, for me I had phases in which my insecurities amplified like nuts because my awareness began to build up and I firstly saw how much "shit is on me". So when that happened my meditation was infiltrated with tons of bullshit thoughts, really crazy ones, I was depressed, felt shitty and every fear I had amplified even more. It was really horrible. On a daily basis.

That's I'd say one of the first points that decides whether you'll stick or not. Because it's heavy. I read up an intellectual framework about enlightenment, so I knew this was coming and that I just needed to go through that.

These phases alternated always with ones in which I felt completely connected, in flow, dancing with life. This was a kind of crazy first year, I gotta say and I'm very grateful that I have the time and resources to go through that, understand and integrate it.

Now, I had some experiences in which I saw glimpses of it and I try now to deepen that because I know where to look so to speak. But this is something that just came up when my awareness deepened. You have to first de-hypnotize yourself with meditation, self-inquiry or whatever else works for you and then you notice it spontaneously or an experienced teacher gives you a very direct pointer that leads you onto it.

This is the way it worked / works for me. And now, I'll go that road deeper and deeper and look what comes up and how much I can integrate myself.