okulele

[book] The Zen of Love by Peter Cutler

7 posts in this topic

I was browsing the holybooks.com webpage and came across a book called The Zen of Love. It was as if a light bulb lit inside of me - this was the next book I had to read. 

In the very beginning, the author suggested that we don't only read the book with our minds, but with our entire beings. That we feel the book. I really took his words to heart, and don't know so much what the content of the book was (word wise), but I know very well what it felt like. It felt wonderful. 

Sometimes we say that a book can resonate with us. I really understood what that means while reading this book. Just a sentence, a word, or really just a glance at the book would send waves of energy rushing through my system, making me blissful and quiet. I am not saying that everyone will experience that with this particular book, but I sure did. It resonated.

This book is about Love. The author describes his personal experience, life story and keeps pointing us to the reality, which is - Love is all there is, Love is what we are.

This book was quite a trip. It showed me that the others are actually me. It showed me that it was actually me who wrote the book. It showed me that it is me that never ends. It showed me Love. It allowed my heart to open up after a long time of being asleep. And the heart is very happy. It is happy to Love. And so is the heart of everyone I meet, as it is the same heart.

===================================================================

Title: The Zen of Love: Discover Your Own Awakened Heart

Author: Peter Cutler

Number of pages: 209

https://www.holybooks.com/the-zen-of-love/

peter-cutler-bw-4-crop.jpg

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Is the book super deep/amazing compared to others, or is it just good like you'd expect any other non-duality book to be. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao deep/amazing? I don't know. There is not much knowledge or intellectual understanding to take away, if that is what you mean. It's not trying to teach you anything, it's just trying to make you see and feel that love is all there is. I was simply blown away by the energy from page one. It really resonated. Each time I looked into it, great bliss would come over me, so much so that I had trouble reading. Might not be like that for you... But yeah, in this way, it is super amazing.

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Great review! Gonna check it out! 

@okulele always love your posts! Deeply resonate with the way you communicate :) I feel your endearing passion for the path

Yes this book is a transmission people. Dont focus on the content the first time. Do it the second time. I think it would be good to try to understand it conceptually as it teaches the transmission from another level.