Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galyna

One Time Opportunity

13 posts in this topic

Wanted to stop by and share with you my great mood and this bliss I am experiencing now.9_9

This is so strange because just yesterday I had a big empty hole within me (I have been contemplating on life purpose and realizing there is none). I can not wait till watch this video about Existential Crisis promised by Leo last time.

This morning I had an insight that it is such a miracle to be a part of this reality, just see the sun in the window of my office, be a part of humanity, just being among my colleagues.  

You know guys, for some reason, I thought about all those people who died recently in air crushes, in Brussels, dying at war…..and that’s it for them.

I think I still struggle to penetrate this knowledge of one time and only one opportunity to be alive! Feels like I am going to live forever. Is it even possible to grasp this fully, or some kind of defensive mechanism preventing us from this knowledge?    

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Isn't it funny that, when all hope is gone, the joy of being begins.

Mind concludes that no life purpose -> no hope -> hopelessness -> despair

But that is just all in mind. Life is so beautiful without hope. :)

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

Wanted to stop by and share with you my great mood and this bliss I am experiencing now.9_9

This is so strange because just yesterday I had a big empty hole within me (I have been contemplating on life purpose and realizing there is none). I can not wait till watch this video about Existential Crisis promised by Leo last time.

This morning I had an insight that it is such a miracle to be a part of this reality, just see the sun in the window of my office, be a part of humanity, just being among my colleagues.  

You know guys, for some reason, I thought about all those people who died recently in air crushes, in Brussels, dying at war…..and that’s it for them.

I think I still struggle to penetrate this knowledge of one time and only one opportunity to be alive! Feels like I am going to live forever. Is it even possible to grasp this fully, or some kind of defensive mechanism preventing us from this knowledge?    

Just a thought and question.

If you knew that you would return over, and over again, as another human, animal, "thing", etc, would you value your current life as much?  Would you strive for things?

I think this is why fully enlightened people become sublime, and detached from modern living; the "drive" for life goes once you realize this reality(as opposed to knowing it intellectually).

Some people are inclined toward worldly life. Some are on their way out.  Neither are wrong, just like it is not wrong to be full or hungry at a restaurant. 

Edited by SkyPanther

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

This morning I had an insight that it is such a miracle to be a part of this reality

thank you for sharing this thought, it is something i need to remind myself of every now and then.

@SkyPanther

Thank you very much for your feedback. :)

I absolutely agree with you:  the beauty of life in its unique one time experience. BUT! IMHO, to understand it logically and let it come into your heart are different things.

On the deep level this knowledge hasn’t occupied my heart yet. I know it intellectually, but certainly it does not feel like it, because if it was I would be more proactive with my time. I am aware it is ticking and every year it is getting even faster. That is scary. For some mysterious reason my finite end running two step behind me, that is how I feel, I see it, I know it is there, yet I want to believe I have tons of time before it catches me.

@Man in the Mirror

You are very welcome, glad it served some purpose here. :)

I do not recall a day from my life when I did not think about death The very essence of it is encapsulated in my present moment, they go in bundle existence/non-existence. When I am aware of the present moment, I am also aware of the finite nature of my Ego. :(

20 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@SkyPanther

Thank you very much for your feedback. :)

I absolutely agree with you:  the beauty of life in its unique one time experience. BUT! IMHO, to understand it logically and let it come into your heart are different things.

On the deep level this knowledge hasn’t occupied my heart yet. I know it intellectually, but certainly it does not feel like it, because if it was I would be more proactive with my time. I am aware it is ticking and every year it is getting even faster. That is scary. For some mysterious reason my finite end running two step behind me, that is how I feel, I see it, I know it is there, yet I want to believe I have tons of time before it catches me.

*nod* I think the last part is kind of a perspective thing.

What is living, what is dying and what is "rebirth"?

Living is a concept, why is some matter in a certain pattern "living" and a rock is not seen as "living"?

"All I'm saying is that minerals are just a rudimentary form of consciousness whereas the other people are saying that consciousness is a complicated form of minerals." - Alan Watts

What is dying?  Homeostasis stopping;  The chemical reactions that drive "life" in an organism. 

Rebirth is just existance using matter to create a pattern that we call "human", or "life".  All the matter in the universe is ultimately the same, it is energy.   Most(except hydrogen and helium) of the matter in you, I, your cat (if you have one) is the same; star dust, made of dead star stuff.

Rebirth is just existence taking on a new pattern (a body), based on an older pattern.  Existence is a never ending process. An end is just a start of something new (every end is a new beginning).   

Here is something I think is pretty interesting:

huge.jpg?1309333582

Edited by SkyPanther

@Galyna Thats great! I'm trying to get that feeling more of just appreciating, sometimes I find it to be such a chore, I've lost my appetite in a way, which is my completely different reason for waiting for the existential crisis video! I can't get that feeling of vigour for being alive, aside from my short-sighted motives I'm trying to find what's beyond all this constructed, shallow meaning

Alan Watts has said that life is like a song and a dance, the point isn't to get to the last part, the point is just to simply sing or dance or more directly to just live, at first I found that great and I still do theoretically, but I can't feel the joy in my bones anymore, I'm just at the moment trying to be more mindful and do more 'being' through meditation 

@Galyna I think the same thoughts and doubts of what's it all about? Thank you for reminding me that only this moment ever exists It is so very unique in it's own special way. That in itself is infinite.

@SkyPanther

yeah, it amazes me whole a lot too, and yes I saw it in media and read about it too. Fractals/patterns is another interesting thing. 

Basically every single part holds the information about the whole piece. In his book Aldous Huxley saying something like " everything is everywhere, and everywhere is a part of a small thing" not sure how to translate it, look: "Все во всем, и все это в действительности каждое" :)

Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception & Heaven and Hell

@WelcometoReality

Agree, when i do not think about it deeply, it doesn't really bother me, but being aware of the present moment means death contemplation for me, I am not sure why. 

When I am aware of the Reality around me, I always have this thought that "I am not going to be here for long" Not knowing how much time I have left bothers me even more....

Thank you :) 

@cetus56

You are very welcome, hope it will help you to live life in a creative manner :) 

@Saarah

Appreciation is not really doing favor for me here with death contemplation, I love people and appreciate my life. I am not saying I take it for granted. 

But if I am not in control and there is no free will, then it changes the prospective. 

Thank you :)