ValiantSalvatore

Life Purpose Course Visualization

10 posts in this topic

How effective is visualization or deliberate visualization about one's vision for a long period of time? 
Did anyone try longer than 90 days of the recommended visualization from Leo's lp? 

I first had a couple of 30 days, 60 days and then one 90 day streak and another afterward approx. 90 days+- .  Yet, I also did this with the how to be funny video from Leo and it helped a lot. I've become more funny, even if I rarely do it. 

Is it wise to practice a 10 min visualization about ones lp? @Leo Gura

I am doing a loving-kindness practice from shinzen which involves visualizing. Yet, I struggled with success with visualization and it is difficult to quantify my progress. I always imagine abstracts or notion of things, even if my imagination is vivid in this area. It's like I am sucked inside my skull with a transparent colorless movie running inside my skull. It never feels real but is affecting me. 

Any advice for ways to visualize? I know from mico-retreats some stuff which I did wrong. 

good question.

There is a book on the booklist for visualizations

@Leo Gura Has your views changed on the exercises in the LP course?

Edited by herghly

Visualization can work! However, it has to feel right to you. If you think "I have a Ferrari" but the picture of you driving in a Ferrari seems sketchy to you it doesnt work. Watch your feelings!

@universe This rather seems to be a very basic tip. I appreciate it, yet from what I've learned from the micro-retreats it is important to imagine one long picture, not multiple sequences building on sequences, so it is one process not multiple chopped versions of an imagination exercise. 

Also, to imagine that whatever you imagine is happening right now / experienced by you, like Leo mentions in his video how to be funny a comprehensive guide or so. So, yes a flavor of having the thing right now like ultimate compassion works. Yet, I always imagined things in sequences that build on sequences so, it was quite fragmented. I stopped doing that and now imagine only one large process picture. But only for 2 months, so I can't tell how effective it is yet, still this is what I learned during the micro-retreat.

Did you ever practice any kind of visualization practice in regards to meditation or the life purpose course? 

Yes the tip was maybe basic but it its essential for visualization to work. If you visualize or do affirmations and you dont get the "feel" for it then you are not programming your subconscious mind the way you would like to. No matter how big or sequenced your vision is.

5 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Did you ever practice any kind of visualization practice in regards to meditation or the life purpose course? 

No.

Im curious what do you want to visualize regarding meditation?

@universe I like it that you name the obvious! I was still a bit confused though.

I want to visualize positive emotions, or scenery, change behaviors and use that as an aid, to be more effective and affective in the outside world. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Ah ok, that for me is more self actualization than meditation.

So this can definitely work. I would also suggest you try to release all the emotions that block you from feeling the "positive" ones. Look up for example on the "sedona method" if you dont know what I mean.

@universe What kind of meditation do you practice? I looked into the Sedona method, it's not what I meant, it seems more a self-inquiry technique, yet not a fundamental principle of a visualization technique. 

To meditate I just become present. And try to stay present.

Some other techniques I use are "Body scan or progressive relaxation", "Breath awareness meditation" and some form of "Loving/Kindness meditation".

Yeah I know it has nothing to do with visualization. I suggested the sedona method for you to try to get to your goals. You see, for me visualization is like the decoration of a house - while releasing emotions is the fundament. The roots so to say. Which can be different for everyone. You might want to see this video to understand the importance of releasing.

@universe Thanks for sharing. I will test the Sedona method potentially in October. I see the visualizations are working but slowly since it is a loving-kindness technique, not a pure visualization imo. Yet, I generate a lot more positivity from the place I feel pain from. So, I understand what releasing emotions mean sort of.

My body reacts strongly to that I always get goosebumps when meditating and feeling a strong experience like now even writing about it lol.