Barney

Is these my purposes or just hobbies I enjoy working?

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm currently doing Leo's life purpose course and I have two things that I always think about, these are as follows:

1. Singing.

Now, I am a really great singer, nobody has ever told me otherwise, my ex is a professional singer now and I love it too... I am not good at songwriting though, can this be my purpose or something I do at karaoke events to attract clients? Haha

2. Mountain biking 

I think I am a good mountain biker, but I have never competed and only ridden with people who are worse than me at riding, is this a passion or is this just chasing excitement? 

Thanks 

If they are your life purpose I would think you are currently putting the hours into doing them, refining your craft and not just sat around contemplating them.

Or at least have the intention to do that.

you should decide one of them, or you could combine them, sing about mountain biking maybe

feel into your heart, personally i love music so much that i couldnt imagine doing anything else 

you can practice your songwriting, start writing lyrics, learn some basic piano pr guitar skills or produce electronic music on Logic or FL studio, you its experiment with it, wish you best of luck

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Barney When thinking about following any of these as a career, do you get butterflies of excitement and fear in your stomach?

Did you already formulate an impact statement?

10 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

@Barney When thinking about following any of these as a career, do you get butterflies of excitement and fear in your stomach?

Did you already formulate an impact statement?

I get excited about being a singer for sure... I think I can do it so I just bought all the recording equipment I need to get started on YouTube, I have friends who want me to read their stuff because they like my voice... I'll try it out. 

I love mountain biking but I have never competed and when I think about it, it just feels like a waste of time to go into, maybe I'll start competing and see how I like it. 

Thanks everyone. 

20 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Barney  What is the duality between purpose and casual life?

I think possibly you may want to watch Leo's marketing video for the life purpose course.

A life purpose is fulfilling your potential basically.

@Barney  Nah, I wanted to ask you, where does your purpose end and your normal, everyday life begin? Aren't they the same? 

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Barney  Nah, I wanted to ask you, where does your purpose end and your normal, everyday life begin? Aren't they the same? 

@bejapuskas no not really, not until I'm actually in the process of fulfilling my life purpose...

4 hours ago, Barney said:

A life purpose is fulfilling your potential basically.

What if your biggest potential was washing cars or scraping the floor? 

Or what if your highest potential was killing people?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

What if your biggest potential was washing cars or scraping the floor? 

Or what if your highest potential was killing people?

Youre convoluting this thread more than you need to. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!