Is Logic True?

94 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

I get what you're saying though. 'Ego is important to survive' is the branch of spirituality Leo is selling.
What I'm saying is simply that ego has no existence of its own and thus, has no power to do anything.
Its only function is to provide the smokescreen when something needs to be created out of nothing.

i don’t know why it sounds a little wired how you say that. ego has definitely some more functions than that. as it is for survival reasons it is certainly also there to protect and to deconstruct... especially itself - well sometimes it hides behind itself. i mean the territorry hides itself behind the map.

@now is forever What's so weird about me saying that?

Survival is only an issue if you construct the future.
Ego is time (past/future) and distance (this/that).

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

12 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@now is forever What's so weird about me saying that?

Survival is only an issue if you construct the future.
Ego is time (past/future) and distance (this/that).

it’s not about you saying it, it’s about the way it sounded even after reading it several times. believe me ego can be very actively surviving in the now maybe not this now but who constructs past future anyways ^_^

Edited by now is forever

7 hours ago, tsuki said:

Surrendering to life is a powerful spiritual practice.
It only seems that you need to keep hold of the ego in order to function.
The answers arise out of emptiness while you serve your purpose. Then, you die.

How is that any different from ego failing to survive and getting killed?
It's not like you can help yourself from living the life you live right now.
Perspective is just a matter of meaning-making context you're clinging to.

I get what you're saying though. 'Ego is important to survive' is the branch of spirituality Leo is selling.
What I'm saying is simply that ego has no existence of its own and thus, has no power to do anything.
Its only function is to provide the smokescreen when something needs to be created out of nothing.

Yeah you are starting to follow what I was initially trying to get at, cool. The ego is a tool to me and so is the concepts it presents. Which is funny given how circular that statement is lul

Edited by Shadowraix

31 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Yeah you are starting to follow what I was initially trying to get at, cool

I was under the impression that I was disagreeing with you and elaborating on what I initially stated. lul
I'm glad that we converge nonetheless :D.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

I was under the impression that I was disagreeing with you and elaborating on what I initially stated. lul
I'm glad that we converge nonetheless :D.

This shit is often a pain in the ass to communicate lmao I don't know how Leo does it so well

@tsuki could you briefly explain your notion of synchronicity? Because it sounds a bit unfamiliar to me, and I'd like to get some perspective on it

Logic is true. Logic is the way how the world should run. In my philosophy classes at school I was told to reason according to logic. Please my don't make my opinion to hurt you guys.

3 hours ago, Yahya said:

Logic is true. Logic is the way how the world should run. In my philosophy classes at school I was told to reason according to logic. Please my don't make my opinion to hurt you guys.

Yet the world never ran by logic. It was a construct we made then assigned high value and restricted ourselves to it. Why restrict ourselves to something that our own existence defies? 

You were told that these things, but does that make it true? What if they are wrong or delusional? Have you verified any of this? 

8 hours ago, Virtually said:

@tsuki could you briefly explain your notion of synchronicity? Because it sounds a bit unfamiliar to me, and I'd like to get some perspective on it

Synchronicity is a meaningless word. There is nothing that corresponds with it in actuality.

To have the notion of cause and effect you need clear separation between that which causes and that which is caused.
However, all of existence is interdependent. As you look around, there is no single thing that has essence of its own.
All of it is in-between, each thing depends on other things that depend on other things ad infinitum.
It has infinite depth (this caused that and that caused that thing), and breadth (this is only meaningful in its environment).
As the present moment unfolds, it always does so through transformation, in plenitude. 
Things that transformed are no longer here, but are somehow contained.
Things that are here will dissolve just before you have the chance to understand and exploit them.
If they come again, they will be different just so that your will to manipulate them is the ingredient of transformation.

Synchronicity is the feeling that you experience when you witness the flowering of the present moment.
It means: it's fucking magic and I have no clue how this shit works but I can't deny that it does.
It does not seem to need me to understand it though, so I'm gonna enjoy myself while I'm allowed to live.

Edited by tsuki

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

Synchronicity is a meaningless word. There is nothing that corresponds with it in actuality.

To have the notion of cause and effect you need clear separation between that which causes and that which is caused.
However, all of existence is interdependent. As you look around, there is no single thing that has essence of its own.
All of it is in-between, each thing depends on other things that depend on other things ad infinitum.
It has infinite depth (this caused that and that caused that thing), and breadth (this is only meaningful in its environment).
As the present moment unfolds, it always does so through transformation, in plenitude. 
Things that transformed are no longer here, but are somehow contained.
Things that are here will dissolve just before you have the chance to understand and exploit them.
If they come again, they will be different just so that your will to manipulate them is the ingredient of transformation.

Synchronicity is the feeling that you experience when you witness the flowering of the present moment.
It means: it's fucking magic and I have no clue how this shit works but I can't deny that it does.
It does not seem to need me to understand it though, so I'm gonna enjoy myself while I'm allowed to live.

@ikust 

xD zweistein probably would tease you now. 

6 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@ikust 

xD zweistein probably would tease you now. 

I miss her :).

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I miss her :).

i miss her too. :)

naked iceskating xD

Edited by now is forever

On 4/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, 123456789 said:

Hello actualizers:

Logic is extremely useful in daily life, science, and mathematics. I was wondering, however, whether logic is imaginary or is the truth?

If it is imaginary then: 

1. How do you know?
  2. Why are we able to predict the future using it? (Scientifc models)

Logic is  2 + 2 = 4.  Is that the truth?  Yes.  If logic is imaginary, then we end up doubting the reality of all things, like the confused souls here.  

I'm not sure how reliable scientific models are for predicting the future, because on average around 40% of theories have been proved to be true over a period of several decades.  So that leaves roughly 60% of theories disproved and unproven.

There's plenty of room for opinions, both so-called "educated guesses", and uneducated guesses.  That makes life fun!

Andrea    

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes