mandyjw

What's the difference between complete mockery and spiritual teachings?

25 posts in this topic

I think I have learn't most "spiritual" things from people or situations who have nothing to do with spirituality.

Sometimes (like now) I just "quit" meditation and all things spiritual completely. Go completely left hand path. Materialism etc. And doing so ALWAYS seems to push me over the problematic edge I have been standing on trying to do right hand path. I think it's yin/yang...you gotta spend as much time doing X as you do Y. If you do Y all the time you get stuck. There's a reason that in the tree of life you start in the bottom middle and the end goal is also in upper middle.... That's my experience of life anyway.

I like to go on reddit tbh, make a new account and troll people, or abuse people in /r/roastme. I like to turn all my empathy for people off. Being autistic this is like an on/off switch for me. Why would I have this gift if it was not meant to be used? Then when I am ready to get back on the right hand path, I delete the account.

photo.treeoflifeyellow.jpg

@thesmileyone I've noticed the same thing. Spirituality is hard to escape from once your eyes have been opened even a little.

By the way how do you teach a 6 year old to turn on the on switch of empathy? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You talk so beautifully and eloquently about this life experience in integrated ways so what leads you to believe that the 'spiritual journey' is separate from living life? There is nothing to 'do' to 'be present' and even if things in life distract our awareness away from presence.

Integrating presence with normal life of being a mom and wife is your 'spiritual journey'.....your mission impossible so to speak.,... If you choose to accept it. Being present will only blossom through your experience of the life you are living and the challenge is not letting life distract you from presence.

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@thesmileyone I've noticed the same thing. Spirituality is hard to escape from once your eyes have been opened even a little.

I can't really explain how I turn them off or back on to a 6 year old.

But basically you force yourself to either remember yourself during trauma or remember yourself from the best time of your life, and sort of allow that person to step into your life. That's the best way I can explain it. I guess it's some form of self dissasociation.

17 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I think you can facilitate the emergence of empathy in children, but it's not something you can teach directly like the way you teach the alphabet. I've done a bit of reading about child development, and also from my own experience (I've got a couple of little kids myself) it seems to be a natural part of development that begins to emerge naturally around 5-7 depending on the kid, and continues to strengthen as you get older. 

I think you basically just have to wait and be patient with them, and be there to support it and encourage it when it arises, and model it when it does not.

That's my understanding anyways. Who knows though, parenting is anyone's guess really xD

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.