loopy

Understanding duality VS none duality

6 posts in this topic

Understanding duality part 1

In the video linked above Leo lists 250 dualities. I'm having a difficult time understanding the importance of learning the differences between duality vs non duality. How do I become conscious of the non dual universe?

It's too advanced for you. Move on to a more basic self-help video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@loopy My understanding is that in reality, everything is one. Only one thing exists and that's it. But, that one thing can shape shift itself into any form such as humans, animals, insects, planets, galaxies and etc..  And, that thing is formless and all powerful beyond our wildest imagination as Leo says, and has existed forever and will exist for eternity. But only from the perspective of the human mind, in reality there's no time, there is only now which means that thing just is. Here we got our first example, because human mind can't understand now, it divides it into past, now, and future, which is making it into a different parts which is duality. Time only comes into existence or becomes relevant if something has form that's subject to change, death, and destruction. As i said earlier that thing that only exists, be in many different forms and the human mind can't see it holistically, so it divides it up and puts into  bits and pieces  and focuses only one aspect of it. For example, happiness and suffering is a same thing in a sense, if you can see it holistically. The only thing that's separating them is time. You may be rich and happy now, but after a decade you make some bad business decisions and you go bankrupt and as result,  suffer.  You see, your happiness turned into suffering which means they're one thing just like water can be in a solid, liquid and gas form depending on the temperature. I hope you see the point. 

@Gadasaa I do see the point. I just wish I was more conscious of this Holistic viewpoint.

4 hours ago, loopy said:

@Gadasaa I do see the point. I just wish I was more conscious of this Holistic viewpoint.

If you wish to be more conscious of holistic views, you will likely attract the opportunity to form Holistic views. There is this desire and there are also some minds that are naturally adept at thinking Holistically. 

A major aspect of Holistic viewing is "connecting dots" and seeing inter-connectiveness. However, if there are no dots to connect, how can a mind perceive holistically? There would be nothing to inter-connect. I would say it is a balance and curiosity + observation is a key. Observe dots with an open mind. After a mind observes a lot of dots, they start inter-connecting.